Carleybustygirl

Living with the pandemic can life go back to normal??

117 posts in this topic

As a young adult living in a heavy populated area where masks are now an everyday accessorie that isnt an option its required to go anywhere, to ride the light rail, to buy groceries and even get gas. I have several masks of different colors and patterns but I still haven't thought I look at all good in any of them and frankly I can barley breath. I actually hate this new state mandate its rather stupid. I have not accepted that this is the new normal. For one anyone sick should not leave the house period , secondly its not that much protection if your like me you can't wait to take it off and you prolly touched many things in  the store and germs r now on your hand you prolly forget and go to eat shoving ur possible filthy hands in your new bad of chips spreading the germs through your chip bag as well as ur car and house, and lastly ever since masks have become mandatory I've seen in every store including the gas stations even park meadows mall has a covid 19 accessories store (how ridiculous) I even have heard commercials on tv that incoperate masks into what they're selling there's snap chat filters dedicated to masks and I can't help but kick my self for not jumping on this million dollar industry and create a mask these companies are making a fortune. We no longer live in a state where u can chose to be safe or not . I'm a natural blonde with ADHD so naturally I'm a scatter brain I can't tell u how many times I had to go from the store thats 15 min from my hone because I forgot the dumb mask and they won't me in or give mw q Temp masks (those twat Waffle's) wasting so much time going back and forth, spent prolly 100 total on masks so I have them options. Nor to mention the masks I've bought for my 2 kids mt oldest being 10 needs abcool mask and has around 5 different ones. All aspects of life has drastically changed I hate it. I am a polite person who believes that a strong handshake is everything well was... I always introduce myself to new people with a firm handshake as in the past I often take people by surprise as I say my name as I firmly shake there hand with my eyes staring at theirs and it's  often so unexpected but respected sadly though most people fear covid and won't shake my hand. I get the lame fist bump or they just shake there head saying no thanks cant risk getting sick but I hear I'm a giant pussy and I shouldn't have left the house. Lastly making money right now is much more hair pulling working twice as hard and for less its an outrage. Thanks for reading I lovevto express my thoughts and emotions through writing. When u have no voice for change u can always write there is always an audience even if it's only few people maybe that one Person needs to read what u got to say dont be afraid . 

I too despise this "new normal" bullshit.

Just as I choose to not wear a seatbelt, I would choose to not wear a mask - if given the option ... which we are not. So I comply out of politeness and out of obligation. But I would pray for the day we get past this - if I prayed ... which I do not.

1 hour ago, whosyourdaty said:

I too despise this "new normal" bullshit.

Just as I choose to not wear a seatbelt, I would choose to not wear a mask - if given the option ... which we are not. So I comply out of politeness and out of obligation. But I would pray for the day we get past this - if I prayed ... which I do not.

Not wearing a seat belt - you put yourself at risk.

Not wearing a mask - you put others at risk.

There is a difference!

As for staying at home if you’re ill? Yes!  The problem is that you’re infectious before you know you’re ill. 😕

Edited by Bit Banger

Yes it does suck. I do wear mine as little as possible. If asked  by a customer to wear one, I do without saying a word. Truth is, when masks started in March,  I was asked to wear one. I basically stated to my friends. They want them now, but when summer hits they will kiss my bare ass to even get me to come over and fix their problem.  None ask me to wear one now but I have one ready. I believe after the election things will change.  I think the Republicans want to get things back to normal as soon as possible  but the Democrats will use it to control us further. I have no crystal ball, so who really knows for sure. I am just going off of what the candidates are saying now.

I went on my first business trip last week since the first week of March.

On the plane my mask stayed on at all times.  When we had snacks, I could break off a piece of the snack and pull my mask back and slip the bite into my mouth.  When drinking a bottle of water...same thing.  Pull my mask out, take a sip and put the back firmly against my face.

When eating out in a restaurant, I had a server tell me I could take off my mask while seated at my table.  Nobody was within 6ft of me.  I told her thanks but I would keep it in place until I had food in front of me or I was taking a drink.

I don't like wearing the mask, but will do my part for as long as I need to.

On 9/20/2020 at 10:59 PM, Carleybustygirl said:

Not sure how your working twice as hard but maybe your doing something wrong?

Edited by stevie-2249

Uncomfortable necessity, sucks but we need to wear them. I have a great deal of problems with my vision and I have a hard time seeing over the nose piece. I rammed my hip very hard into the customer service counter at Target. Spacial awareness is not a talent of mine. Like I claimed I do have a vision problem and the masks make it that much harder. Yet I still wear them. 

9 hours ago, Laci French said:

Wearing a mask is being respectful and thinking outside of yourself.

Yes and it also limits activities 

12 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Yes and it also limits activities 

I recommend taking the mask off when eating pussy😉

6 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Naw, just use a straw to slurp up the juices 😜

40 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I guess we could put a slit in the mask so the tongue can get out 😉🥰

The reason I am concerned about masks is my mother.  She has respiratory problems and need help from my sibling and I .  If I catch COVID-19 it probably would suck, but I would very likely survive if my mom catches it she would probably die.  I wear a masks and hope others not because of me, but because of her and others like her.  I am lucky that I have good paying job that I can work from home.  I rarely have to go out and I find wearing a mask uncomfortable, but I do it.  I have a lot respect for people that have to wear a  mask all day long.  This has changed our lives at least for next few years, but we will survive like we did during the spanish flu 100 years.  I would hope that as a society we will learn from this, but I doubt it

On 9/20/2020 at 9:59 PM, Carleybustygirl said:

As a young adult living in a heavy populated area where masks are now an everyday accessorie that isnt an option its required to go anywhere, to ride the light rail, to buy groceries and even get gas. I have several masks of different colors and patterns but I still haven't thought I look at all good in any of them and frankly I can barley breath. I actually hate this new state mandate its rather stupid. I have not accepted that this is the new normal. For one anyone sick should not leave the house period , secondly its not that much protection if your like me you can't wait to take it off and you prolly touched many things in  the store and germs r now on your hand you prolly forget and go to eat shoving ur possible filthy hands in your new bad of chips spreading the germs through your chip bag as well as ur car and house, and lastly ever since masks have become mandatory I've seen in every store including the gas stations even park meadows mall has a covid 19 accessories store (how ridiculous) I even have heard commercials on tv that incoperate masks into what they're selling there's snap chat filters dedicated to masks and I can't help but kick my self for not jumping on this million dollar industry and create a mask these companies are making a fortune. We no longer live in a state where u can chose to be safe or not . I'm a natural blonde with ADHD so naturally I'm a scatter brain I can't tell u how many times I had to go from the store thats 15 min from my hone because I forgot the dumb mask and they won't me in or give mw q Temp masks (those twat Waffle's) wasting so much time going back and forth, spent prolly 100 total on masks so I have them options. Nor to mention the masks I've bought for my 2 kids mt oldest being 10 needs abcool mask and has around 5 different ones. All aspects of life has drastically changed I hate it. I am a polite person who believes that a strong handshake is everything well was... I always introduce myself to new people with a firm handshake as in the past I often take people by surprise as I say my name as I firmly shake there hand with my eyes staring at theirs and it's  often so unexpected but respected sadly though most people fear covid and won't shake my hand. I get the lame fist bump or they just shake there head saying no thanks cant risk getting sick but I hear I'm a giant pussy and I shouldn't have left the house. Lastly making money right now is much more hair pulling working twice as hard and for less its an outrage. Thanks for reading I lovevto express my thoughts and emotions through writing. When u have no voice for change u can always write there is always an audience even if it's only few people maybe that one Person needs to read what u got to say dont be afraid . 

Whoa! I get you girl. I hate all of this shit as well. Let me tell you something here.

My "middle" Grandson" (I have 9 grandkids) Was in a Christian School and was exposed to covid 19 due to his teacher that was pursuing  her  Master's at CU. She was teaching his class and tested positive, putting the rest of our family at risk.

Now, all of their immediate family is in at least a 2 week isolation through no fault of their own.

This thing is real, and it affects more people than most of us want to admit. 

If everyone followed the "stupid mask" and socially  distancing rules this shit would be gone in 2 months TOPS!

Nope "it's my God given and constitutional right to not wear a mask!

I for one am very worried about my 9 Grandkids. If we, the older adults fly in the face of mask wearing, I ask you this. How many Kids do you want to infect,

That might bring it back to their fathers, mothers, grandfathers or grandmothers?

By the way, we all are washing our hands and still our old relatives are drying.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:59 PM, Carleybustygirl said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Sometimes--no matter how difficult it may seem-- we must think of the general public and public health above our own need for convenience. If the folks in the photo below can wear masks in 1918 to protect their friends, neighbors, strangers, etc. then so can we in the 21st century. 

Did you know? The last pandemic killed 675,000 Americans and an estimated 50 Million died worldwide. According to historians, there was a second wave in 1919 because people here and abroad took their guard down and stopped wearing masks. Before considering not wearing a mask think of the frontline workers (retail, trucks, warehouse, cashiers, etc.) and healthcare workers, nurses, physicians (just about anyone in a hospital/clinic) who risk their lives every-single-day without complaint. Most terrifying is that working that closely with infected patients makes it nearly impossible to stay safe. Many have become infected and died. And those who have survived the ordeal are begging and pleading with the rest of us to maintain social distancing, wash hands and wear masks. So, that's the least we can do. We have now reached an unforgivable US death count of 200,000 deaths from Covid-19. Our greatgrandchildren and descendants will be shocked with disbelief that we did little to enforce public safety on a national basis. We all have been impacted in some way by the health crisis but until we get it under control things will not get back to "normal." It's discouraging and confusing to see the anti-mask folks revolting when Scientists/Epidemiologists believe that at least 30% of the population shows no symptoms and may just be carriers unknowingly spreading the disease.  I guess we should be happy we're not in Florida where 100 people die of Covid every day! and today their Gov. lifted health restrictions.

masks-1918.jpg

12 hours ago, juanvaldez said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Sometimes--no matter how difficult it may seem-- we must think of the general public and public health above our own need for convenience. If the folks in the photo below can wear masks in 1918 to protect their friends, neighbors, strangers, etc. then so can we in the 21st century. 

Did you know? The last pandemic killed 675,000 Americans and an estimated 50 Million died worldwide. According to historians, there was a second wave in 1919 because people here and abroad took their guard down and stopped wearing masks. Before considering not wearing a mask think of the frontline workers (retail, trucks, warehouse, cashiers, etc.) and healthcare workers, nurses, physicians (just about anyone in a hospital/clinic) who risk their lives every-single-day without complaint. Most terrifying is that working that closely with infected patients makes it nearly impossible to stay safe. Many have become infected and died. And those who have survived the ordeal are begging and pleading with the rest of us to maintain social distancing, wash hands and wear masks. So, that's the least we can do. We have now reached an unforgivable US death count of 200,000 deaths from Covid-19. Our greatgrandchildren and descendants will be shocked with disbelief that we did little to enforce public safety on a national basis. We all have been impacted in some way by the health crisis but until we get it under control things will not get back to "normal." It's discouraging and confusing to see the anti-mask folks revolting when Scientists/Epidemiologists believe that at least 30% of the population shows no symptoms and may just be carriers unknowingly spreading the disease.  I guess we should be happy we're not in Florida where 100 people die of Covid every day! and today their Gov. lifted health restrictions.

masks-1918.jpg

Sure glad that heart attacks, cancer, flu, TB etc...  deaths didn’t come this year, the only thing people died from this year was covid, we could of had atleast 500 thousand deaths, Thank god for covid 😄 it spared a lot of people’s lives

13 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Sure glad that heart attacks, cancer, flu, TB etc...  deaths didn’t come this year, the only thing people died from this year was covid, we could of had atleast 500 thousand deaths, Thank god for covid 😄 it spared a lot of people’s lives

Stevie, Stevie, Stevie (shakes head), how do you always manage to miss the point?  Kids these days.....

13 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

4 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Stevie, Stevie, Stevie (shakes head), how do you always manage to miss the point?  Kids these days.....

What point am I missing? Fill me in please

Hi everyone,  

It has been a loong time since I have posted here and did not do so often even then so thanks for reading this.

For obvious and no-so obvious reasons I have been away from the 'hobby' for about 1.5 years, which is far too long.  I have been wondering how people in the community have been dealing with covid-19 - meaning those that are still active.  Is there any sort of common practice about how often to get tested for covid-19? Are both parties usually careful about asking who the other has seen and when?  You get my drift I am sure.  I would like to play again.

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere on TOB and of course I realize there are likely to be 'bad apples' or whatever you might call them regardless of any such 'community standards.'  

Feel free to direct me elsewhere if you are so inclined; I am way out of the loop.

Stay safe and thanks,

Nairobi08

On 9/24/2020 at 11:53 PM, sparkey600 said:

Whoa! I get you girl. I hate all of this shit as well. Let me tell you something here.

My "middle" Grandson" (I have 9 grandkids) Was in a Christian School and was exposed to covid 19 due to his teacher that was pursuing  her  Master's at CU. She was teaching his class and tested positive, putting the rest of our family at risk.

Now, all of their immediate family is in at least a 2 week isolation through no fault of their own.

This thing is real, and it affects more people than most of us want to admit. 

If everyone followed the "stupid mask" and socially  distancing rules this shit would be gone in 2 months TOPS!

Nope "it's my God given and constitutional right to not wear a mask!

I for one am very worried about my 9 Grandkids. If we, the older adults fly in the face of mask wearing, I ask you this. How many Kids do you want to infect,

That might bring it back to their fathers, mothers, grandfathers or grandmothers?

By the way, we all are washing our hands and still our old relatives are drying.

Sorry spark but this virus will never completely go away, 2 mo, 4 mo or 6mo!   Has the flu ever gone away despite a yearly vaccine?  More than 16 million people must get medical treatment each year in the US because of the flu with 30-60k dying!  

(During the 2018-2019 season, the CDC estimates 16.5 million people went to a health care provider for the flu and more than 34,000 people died in the U.S. The prior season saw 61,000 deaths.Jan 30, 2020)

Are you willing to wear a mask the rest of your life to avoid you becoming one of those 30-60k?  Sorry not me....

4 hours ago, johnnybgood said:

Sorry spark but this virus will never completely go away, 2 mo, 4 mo or 6mo!   Has the flu ever gone away despite a yearly vaccine? ...

No, but the panic might dissipate.  We’ll become inured to so many cases & deaths/year. Just as we ignore flu and highway fatalities.

The only way the pandemic will truly disapate,  is if by getting it, our bodies build antibodies to keep us from ever getting it again. Right now I am not sure if that is the case. Viruses do mutate. So we might become immune to the old one,  but not the new. So this might be like the flu , where they have to develope a new vaccine for everyone that pops up.

It appears this is not the case, that an infection confers long-term immunity - the data are still being collected, but this is the way things are leaning. Thus, the only way to get through this is with vaccination, and it may indeed require yearly boosters (like with Influenza).

We know a lot since January, but not enough to know all of these answers yet.

16 minutes ago, Phil-anderer said:

It appears this is not the case, that an infection confers long-term immunity - the data are still being collected, but this is the way things are leaning. Thus, the only way to get through this is with vaccination, and it may indeed require yearly boosters (like with Influenza).

We know a lot since January, but not enough to know all of these answers yet.

When the US ordered 600 million doses of the Moderna vaccine  months ago before the phase 3 trials even stated, most people knew that infection would NOT give long term immunity (even if it did). That being the case, the vaccine won't be able to provide long term immunity either, and everyone will be required to be vaccinated with it regularly forever. That precedent will open the door for a whole list of things that all people will be required to be regularly and constantly vaccinated for. I recommend putting all, or most of your money in vaccine manufacturer stocks as they produce what will be a constantly mandated, perpetually sold product, whose stocks can never be depressed by any liability claims. Best bet for making money for as long as you live.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:41 AM, Bit Banger said:

No, but the panic might dissipate.  We’ll become inured to so many cases & deaths/year. Just as we ignore flu and highway fatalities.

Over the counter flu treatments are a billion dollar industry.  Every year there are flu vaccine drives and signs at every pharmacy in the land and regular media reports as to the spread and severity.  As far as highway fatalities - seat belts, air bags, shatter proof glass, front and rear crumple zones, anti lock brakes, etc. etc..  Yeah - just like we "ignore" both of those.

8 hours ago, Admiral C said:

When the US ordered 600 million doses of the Moderna vaccine  months ago before the phase 3 trials even stated, most people knew that infection would NOT give long term immunity (even if it did). That being the case, the vaccine won't be able to provide long term immunity either, and everyone will be required to be vaccinated with it regularly forever. That precedent will open the door for a whole list of things that all people will be required to be regularly and constantly vaccinated for. I recommend putting all, or most of your money in vaccine manufacturer stocks as they produce what will be a constantly mandated, perpetually sold product, whose stocks can never be depressed by any liability claims. Best bet for making money for as long as you live.

Required by whom?  We can't even manage to enforce public school vaccinations any more - exemptions like candy to the vaxers that STILL believe false bs about vaccines.  Now Colorado is probably electing one of the whack jobs to congress.  Sigh.  Can't even make folks wear a mask, good luck with trying to require shots.  However, private employers certainly can and probably will without legal question.

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Required by whom?  We can't even manage to enforce public school vaccinations any more - exemptions like candy to the vaxers that STILL believe false bs about vaccines.  Now Colorado is probably electing one of the whack jobs to congress.  Sigh.  Can't even make folks wear a mask, good luck with trying to require shots.  However, private employers certainly can and probably will without legal question.

It won't happen overnight. First will come the voluntary . Then, as you suggest, ever expanding vaccine mandates to work. Those who comply voluntarily, or forced to by their work will exert added Social pressure on the rest. Then comes inability to go anyplace without your proof of vaccination...your Covi-pass. Once a specific  number majority % have been vaccinated, finally will come the door to door enforcers to force compliance on the selfish sub humans who resist and threaten the safety of society. Should all take about 2-3 years tops from the time the vaccine is dispensed.  

22 hours ago, Admiral C said:

I think that's what I said?  Or were you just reinforcing my comment......

12 minutes ago, Phil-anderer said:

I think that's what I said?  Or were you just reinforcing my comment......

Partly reinforcing, partly expanding upon. With the global rush to vaccinate, immunity from infection simply would never be admitted, so we may as well bust out the carpet bags like the rich folks do and make money off the coming needle bubble.