Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lintlizard

Life and times; Notorious RBG and moving forward

47 posts in this topic

Reading these posts, it seems that most of you are still under the impression that we still live in a free America where people have a voice and the Constitution is relevant and followed. I don't understand how you can be so mistaken. 

3 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Reading these posts, it seems that most of you are still under the impression that we still live in a free America where people have a voice and the Constitution is relevant and followed. I don't understand how you can be so mistaken. 

You have your opinion, and I have mine.

Feel free to try and convince me that US citizens have no voice, and a majority of government leaders do not follow the Constitution.

Best of luck!

I wasn't aware she could call the shots on when her seat gets filled? GTFO, you dumbocrats are smoking crack. 

20 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

What I was saying is the judges of this country should all be under one set of rules when I said what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Re-read what I wrote.

As far as McConnel is concerned, he is playing by the rules,  that apply to the Senate. It would be far from me to tell him what to do.

McConnell did not allow the previous regime's nominee to be brought before the Senate. Now he will do the exact opposite.

The expression you used is defined by Webster as being:  used to say that one person or situation should be treated the same way that another person or situation is treated

McConnell had two identical situations as he defined it during the previous regime. I find it troubling that you don't acknowledge that because you're obviously an intelligent person. Regardless of ideological differences we might have I would think we could agree on what happened/is happening and the meaning of an expression.

BTW, if the dems take the exec and senate and retain the house and then change the number of justices to "pack the court" they'd be "playing by the rules". I  expect people to hold to a higher standard than merely playing by the rules.

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Regardless of whether the Trumps deserve to be booed and harassed, this was neither the time or place for such actions.

Bit sorry to dump on you. But with your statement. I will enlighten you with why I would have equally jeered him and probably reacted more fervent had I been there. 

You really expect Adolf Twitler who does everything but comply with his wife's Be Best anti bullying and anti online bullying campaign respect? You really expect the Assaulter in Chief who has been on the record of spewing over 30,000 lies weeks ago civility? You really expect a cordial response from people who loved an ethical and moral icon who had a virtuous compass she followed in her life's journey?? This wanna be supreme totalitarian has created a climate of hate and separation that has pitted Americans amongst each other in less than four years. This corrupt soulless businessman has made a mockery of our democracy and has a delusional belief, or better yet Doesn't Know or uphold the constitution. In my lifetime I have never seen the country I live in regress in such a hateful direction! Never thinking this was even possible! Jesus Christ, I do not live in 1930's America! These are all the things RBG opposed!

I also don't know how you or others would expect a different response from observers at RBG's repose? Do you think there was a profound reason the tyrannical child was not invited respectively to George H.W. Bush and John McCain's funerals? A guy who is masquerading as a leader not being invited to two monumental conservatives final observances? As in their families and John McCain making it clear this corrupt human being was not allowed to a gathering that all presidents were givin a thumbs up with invitations-Carter, Clinton, and Obama welcomed! Come on man, this lying waste of human flesh was not invited to two really important men who carried the beacon for what we know as the Republican party. Megan McCain was strong worded that Ivanka and Jared snuck in as they or any Trump were not were not invited to her father's ceremony. That they had "crashed her dad's funeral" and "they're not good people". Let alone this Kim Jong-un wanna be didn't want government flags lowered at half mast when John passed. Or he wanted the USS McCain name covered up or moved while he visited Japan. Or Cadet Bone Spurs saying McCain "was not a war hero" and "I like people who weren't captured".  Like what draft dodger fucking says this?!?! McCain a mere mortal who survived five and a half years in the Hanoi Hilton! And what hand jobbed conservative gives tiny hands a pass to say things of this nature???? Glad to see fellow republicans/conservatives and all his fellow political brethren defend him as he lay in rest:rolleyes:, ah-hem Lindsey Graham!

And to top it off. He was his usual small penis uncompassionate hate filled self when Congressmen Elijah Cummings and John Lewis passed. So to circle back. No this waste of human flesh get's no respect or acknowledgement of being a human! He has shown America that he doesn't give a shit about our country or us as individuals! He is the arsonist responsible for starting this cataclysmic fire that is burning up our country! The bigger question is how are we gonna clean up this total and complete shit show of destruction? And do we ever come together as a country? That's if this emperor neophyte ever vacates the Whitehouse?! I'm out of words when people act naive and completely oblivious about the Liar and Thief! I suppose Hitler had followers as well. Sad that our WWI and WWII allies see our country as a joke and a threat. But hey we are in the pockets of Russia and North Korea, thumbs up! Poor Ronald Regan is rolling over in his grave. Occam's razor is never a possibility when it comes to discussion of the ethics or morality of America's mad man!

And to the people who believe in country first and what the Lincoln Project is doing. My hats off to you..........

@parkercole

I don’t really give a flip about booing Pres Trump.  In many ways he deserves it.  While I don’t find him the tyrant many paint him, I do think the man’s Twitter habits make him look like a buffoon.  As for divisive, I blame Pres Obama for lighting the torch of racial tension.  And both parties for the congressional gridlock going back to Pres Clinton.

But I do find the booing of anyone at the ceremonies/services for Justice Ginsberg disrespectful to her.  While I disagree with many of her decisions/opinions I acknowledge that she was a great jurist who did what she thought best for our country. RIP!

34 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

@parkercole

I don’t really give a flip about booing Pres Trump.  In many ways he deserves it.  While I don’t find him the tyrant many paint him, I do think the man’s Twitter habits make him look like a buffoon.  As for divisive, I blame Pres Obama for lighting the torch of racial tension.  And both parties for the congressional gridlock going back to Pres Clinton.

But I do find the booing of anyone at the ceremonies/services for Justice Ginsberg disrespectful to her.  While I disagree with many of her decisions/opinions I acknowledge that she was a great jurist who did what she thought best for our country. RIP!

Sarcasm/on

Yeah, getting elected President was about as uppity as you can get!

10 hours ago, MrReindeer-9515 said:

Sarcasm/on

Yeah, getting elected President was about as uppity as you can get!

No, I was against his election because grew up in Chicago, understood their politics.  But his remarks after the Trevon Martin & Ferguson, MO incidents didn’t help the cause of racial harmony.

20 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

No, I was against his election because grew up in Chicago, understood their politics.  But his remarks after the Trevon Martin & Ferguson, MO incidents didn’t help the cause of racial harmony.

So, 2 unarmed black men are shot by white men but it’s Obama’s fault that there are racial divisions because he was uppity enough to speak about it? Got it.

1 hour ago, MrReindeer-9515 said:

So, 2 unarmed black men are shot by white men but it’s Obama’s fault that there are racial divisions because he was uppity enough to speak about it? Got it.

As a black male who grew up in the Deep South I can assure there was no racial tension, racial issues, or anything remotely close to the poor depiction of Black people, systemic issues, unjust sentencing, or peaceful protests until Obama spoke out. This is all his fault!!!! 

LMAO!!!!!! I don’t know how anyone could say that with a straight face. Or even attempt to pin it on Obama in the slightest. Whole lotta people sure don’t like black people speaking. 

20 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

As for divisive, I blame Pres Obama for lighting the torch of racial tension.  

I agree with you! We found out how many Americans were completely fearful(scared shitless)of a Blackman with a dignified scholarly resume(Occidental College, Columbia University, Harvard Law School/magna cum laude) becoming President of the United States! A man who sees the best in humanity. Did what he could in eight years that ALL people were being addressed and not marginalized.

Cheeto Benito/Cinnamon Hitler has completely created, accelerated, and stoked the racial hatred in this country since the days when White folk designated locations where people of color could eat, drink, and sit specifically. Completely gave a pass and opened the gates to all the fearful Americans hiding their racist ignorant hate building for an eight year period.

From the top of my head a racist and divider is associated with the following.............

Justice Department sues Trump Companies for not renting to blacks

Central Park Five

Birther conspiracy

Mexicans are "criminals and rapists"

Travel ban on Muslims 

Discounts Muslim Gold Star mother

Puerto Ricans treatment during Hurricane Maria

Haiti and Dominican Republic "shithole countries"

Charlottesville unite the right rally-"very fine people"

Separation of Latino families and locking up their children

Doesn't contact or address families executed by cops

Flip flops and retracts renouncements to White Nationalists, White Supremacists, Neo Nazis, Christian Nationalists, Davis Duke, and William Johnson

QAnon

Stephen Bannon

Jeff Sessions

And just of the very tip of this racial iceberg. The second in line to the Fuhrer, Stephan Miller

I'm pretty certain Barack Obama's actions were quite the opposite of these mentioned examples of todays racial provoking buffoon .

23 hours ago, parkercole said:

Did what he could in eight years that ALL people were being addressed and not marginalized.

All I know was because of Obama  I finally had to give up my health insurance plan. I had it for 30 yrs. It was just the normal plan when I got it.  When Obama screwed things up,  I was paying $4400 for myself out of pocket. In less than 10 years it had ballooned to $24,000. I am in perfect health and no pre-existing conditions. I haven't been sick in over 18yrs. I could go to any doctor  or any hospital in this country. No referrals or co-pays.  My new insurance is a joke. I think it will only pay for witch doctors. So he marginalized me.

42 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

In less than 10 years it had ballooned to $24,000. 

Are you saying, you are paying $2000 per month, for health insurance? With no pre-existing conditions? That's really high.

55 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

All I know was because of Obama  I finally had to give up my health insurance plan. I had it for 30 yrs. It was just the normal plan when I got it.  When Obama screwed things up,  I was paying $4400 for myself out of pocket. In less than 10 years it had ballooned to $24,000. I am in perfect health and no pre-existing conditions. I haven't been sick in over 18yrs. I could go to any doctor  or any hospital in this country. No referrals or co-pays.  My new insurance is a joke. I think it will only pay for witch doctors. So he marginalized me.

So Obama is to blame even though republicans controlled The House from 2011-2019 and in addition to controlling  the The Senate from 2015-2019, and also the presidency from 2015-2019. I mean I get you don’t like it but there’s been a lot of time and promises to repeal and replace. At this point, 10 years later, you should be asking why those you maybe voted for haven’t delivered on their promise. 

3 hours ago, pfunk said:

Are you saying, you are paying $2000 per month, for health insurance? With no pre-existing conditions? That's really high.

I had to drop it. It was like buying a new car every year that I couldn't drive.

3 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

So Obama is to blame even though republicans controlled The House from 2011-2019 and in addition to controlling  the The Senate from 2015-2019, and also the presidency from 2015-2019. I mean I get you don’t like it but there’s been a lot of time and promises to repeal and replace. At this point, 10 years later, you should be asking why those you maybe voted for haven’t delivered on their promise. 

So yes he is to blame. He started it but never had to use it. Never trust a cook who won't eat his own food. Nowerytime anyone mentions trying to correct his mistake, the Democrats scream that the Republicans are going to take you healthcare away. Biden just said that about the new Supreme Ccourt nominie. The reason why I had to pay so much is I am self-employed.  My Blue Cross used to pool us all together like a big corporation. Then when the exchanges started, they quit doing it. I couldn't change anything on my policy because the Affordable Care Act said I could only keep it as is. I couldn't make changes but they added things the Act required. Then they slowly squeezed us off by raising prcies to help offset others they insured with pre-existing conditions. Your healthcare is probably through your company and you don''t have a clue about insuring yourself.

58 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

So yes he is to blame. He started it but never had to use it. Never trust a cook who won't eat his own food. Nowerytime anyone mentions trying to correct his mistake, the Democrats scream that the Republicans are going to take you healthcare away. Biden just said that about the new Supreme Ccourt nominie. The reason why I had to pay so much is I am self-employed.  My Blue Cross used to pool us all together like a big corporation. Then when the exchanges started, they quit doing it. I couldn't change anything on my policy because the Affordable Care Act said I could only keep it as is. I couldn't make changes but they added things the Act required. Then they slowly squeezed us off by raising prcies to help offset others they insured with pre-existing conditions. Your healthcare is probably through your company and you don''t have a clue about insuring yourself.

You’re right, my healthcare is through my company and it’s ridiculous that has to be the case. It’s absolutely astounding that it’s a selling point when looking for new jobs. And yes, I do have a clue since I’ve done it before and it was ridiculous before The ACA since a doctor messed up my records and showed I had a preexisting condition that proved to be incredibly difficult to remove. I also remember how much bloat the republicans pushed into the reform that turned it into the current bastardized thing we have now.