Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Just Jos

All Buildings Matter!

71 posts in this topic

Can’t believe I have to come here to say this  butttttt

All Buildings Matter!

Why are we focusing on the ONE 9/11 that was completely decimated again? This rationale works here too, right? :)  

1 hour ago, Just Jos said:

All Buildings Matter!

Why are we focusing on the ONE that was completely decimated again? This rationale works here too, right? :)  

Don’t ever change! LOL!

5 hours ago, Just Jos said:

All Buildings Matter!

Why are we focusing on the ONE that was completely decimated again? This rationale works here too, right? :)  

Perhaps I misunderstand your message, but this particular building (two buildings) contained about 3,000 people.  So, yes, this one mattered more. Forgive me if you were attempting humor and I missed it...

On 9/11/2020 at 10:06 AM, Just Jos said:

All Buildings Matter!

Tell that too the kids who's parents never came home. 😔😪😔😪🇺🇸💝🇺🇸💝🇺🇸

6 hours ago, Imyrhklbry said:

Tell that too the kids who's parents never came home. 😔😪😔😪🇺🇸💝🇺🇸💝🇺🇸

Oh no, did my message come off as insensitive? I guess I should have added “Thoughts and prayers” to the end. 🤭 

46 minutes ago, Just Jos said:

Oh no, did my message come off as insensitive? I guess I should have added “Thoughts and prayers” to the end. 🤭 

I was trying to figure out how you could work in a “No offense, but” or the even more subtle and passive “I’m sorry you were offended.” However your usage of “insensitive” is simply beautiful. 

#AllBuildingsMatter

Jos is right.  We're dealing with 9/11 every 3 days right now in terms of deaths.  And it's largely preventable.  Listen to the experts, please.

That doesn't take anything away from the tragedy of 9/11 - it just means don't overlook the tragedy occurring in front of our eyes.

I gotta stop posting before I have my morning coffee. 9-11 was no joke, but I made the comparison to ((hopefully)) make people think about just how insensitive it is to hear “all buildings matter” or “all lives matter” in response to someone else’s  Experience, pain, or trauma. But, I should just shut the fuck up and put it on a bumper sticker or something 🤷🏽‍♀️ I’m gonna go rub one out and come back with a better attitude. 🤞

Thank you to the few fine peeps  who understood where I was coming from. 💜

Smooches! 

1 hour ago, Just Jos said:

I gotta stop posting before I have my morning coffee. 9-11 was no joke, but I made the comparison to ((hopefully)) make people think about just how insensitive it is to hear “all buildings matter” or “all lives matter” in response to someone else’s  Experience, pain, or trauma. But, I should just shut the fuck up and put it on a bumper sticker or something 🤷🏽‍♀️ I’m gonna go rub one out and come back with a better attitude. 🤞

Smooches! 

Don't STFU. It was an effective way to point out hypocrisy. I suggest you don't put it on your car unless you are prepared for violence.

2 hours ago, Just Jos said:

Smooches! 

The fact you had to explain this means those people will never get it, or simply refuse to. The thing COVID lockdown has highlighted the most for me is with nothing but time people will truly show you who they are. Motherfuckers all in their feelings about #AllBuildingsMatter without realizing the double standard they themselves openly apply. The hypocrisy is boundless with the most vocal here when it comes to downplaying or just out right shitting on real issues we may bring up. 

I took your approach and brought the nice oils and stroked out a big one before I posted in that “Football is back” thread. God forbid uppity black athletes use their first amendment rights, and not just sit quiet for the pure entertainment of the most fragile of egos. I was so tempted to post that meme of the fake book on how, when, and where black people should protest. Please tell me you’ve seen it on it on BPT! If not let me know and I’ll send it to you. 

But really though, for any that read this message and truly felt offended by what was said my self and @Just Jos. I’m sorry you were offended. Mistakes were made and just know there are bad, very bad characters on both sides....LMAO!!! 

On 9/11/2020 at 10:06 AM, Just Jos said:

All Buildings Matter!

Why are we focusing on the ONE 9/11 that was completely decimated again? This rationale works here too, right? :)  

9/11 was the Pearl Harbor of our generation. Its not about the buildings destroyed.Its about the thousands of innocent lives lost .

Two of my professional model friends were a block away when the Twin Towers went down.The screams and destruction being forever embedded in their memories. Within weeks they moved from New York City to Los Angeles forever.

On 9/14/2020 at 0:58 PM, Just Jos said:

I gotta stop posting before I have my morning coffee. 9-11 was no joke, but I made the comparison to ((hopefully)) make people think about just how insensitive it is to hear “all buildings matter” or “all lives matter” in response to someone else’s  Experience, pain, or trauma.

Its insensitive to hear that only one race's lives matter.  The pain and trauma of a sudden and unexpected death knows more than one color of skin . My first fiancee was killed by a drunk driver three days before our wedding day. My  half black biological son was murdered. The victims of 9/11 were of many colors,religions , ages and genders.

3 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Its insensitive to hear that only one race's lives matter.  The pain and trauma of a sudden and unexpected death knows more than one color of skin . My first fiancee was killed by a drunk driver three days before our wedding day. My  half black biological son was murdered. The victims of 9/11 were of many colors,religions , ages and genders.

Half the time I can’t tell if you’re just misguided , naive, or absolutely refuse to wake up. Black Lives Matter Too. Is that better? It’s not Only Black Lives Matter. BLM (and practically everyone supporting the movement) goes out of its way to explain this way more often than I think they should at this point yet here we are. 

4 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

This point exacty.... how are you trying to end racism and bring equality by BEING racist... by saying BLACK lives matter you are being racist because you are focusing and segregating ONE PARTICULAR race, is that not the definition of being racist. I know its completely different context because the nazis where saying they was BETTER then everyone else straight out right but is it not almost the same thing? Only difference is Hitler was trying to kill everyone of and world domination crap and the BLM is saying they need MORE then what they have, which in a number of cases isn't much but it doesn't take away from the fact that they are trying to fight racism WITH more racism

42 minutes ago, Strange_Ice said:

This point exacty.... how are you trying to end racism and bring equality by BEING racist... by saying BLACK lives matter you are being racist because you are focusing and segregating ONE PARTICULAR race, is that not the definition of being racist. I know its completely different context because the nazis where saying they was BETTER then everyone else straight out right but is it not almost the same thing? Only difference is Hitler was trying to kill everyone of and world domination crap and the BLM is saying they need MORE then what they have, which in a number of cases isn't much but it doesn't take away from the fact that they are trying to fight racism WITH more racism

I read this entire comment in a tone of sarcasm. Or is it satire? Little column A, little column B? “Only difference is Hitler was trying to kill everyone of and world domination crap” is a, shall we say, fucking astronomically notable and stark difference from demanding police accountability and reform. 

And to answer you first question, no, BLM is not the literal definition of racism. 

I want to be angry at your comment but it’s just so comical and sad if what you’re saying isn’t laced with sarcasm. Or satire. Little column A, little column B. Because you really compared BLM to Nazis. Which! I’ve seen it happen before though I don’t know if I’ve been apart of it. You just proved Godwin’s law! 

Please note, if your comment was sarcastic then disregard everything I just said. If you were being dead ass serious then in the words of my grandmother, “bless your little heart. Yes him did.” I mean, wow. That would just be so sad. And just to be clear I’m not sad for you. Just that you yourself are sad. Again, assuming you’re being serious and not sarcastic. 

My friend (yes personal friend) has been disfigured and lives with chronic pain. His body and face was melted due to the extremely hot burning buildings -Twin towers. His office was in one of the buildings. He tells me he feels fortunate to be living while many of his friends and co workers died.  He lives with many haunting memories that none of us will ever understand. He often has talked to me about bouts of extreme guilt and anxiety especially in the past. Now he seems to be doing better. Yet my friend is only 1 of many who lived through 9/11. 

There is definitely a division of ideas here on TOB. I find it it so sad how this all boils down to politics. 9/11? I will be  remembering the date forever! This date is about compassion and giving remembrance to those who suffered countless families! Much like Pearl Harbor which is another important date in history.  

I held myself back from commenting on @Just Jos thread. And we all must agree it has been a painful year. Yes! a very painful year for us all. Hopefully something beautiful and mending will bloom forth for us all once we get through these crazy divided times.

Take heed! Yes  we need to learn from our mistakes it really sucks when we  repeat them. History never  lie. 

3 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

Half the time I can’t tell if you’re just misguided , naive, or absolutely refuse to wake up. Black Lives Matter Too. Is that better? It’s not Only Black Lives Matter. BLM (and practically everyone supporting the movement) goes out of its way to explain this way more often than I think they should at this point yet here we are. 

Again..you can't seem to read or comprehend. I clearly stated that my biological son,that was murdered,was half black. So obviously I've seen the worst of racism. (If you knew how he died,you wouldn't have written what you did )

That said..google up the police shootings of  Ricky Ellsworth , Justine Ruszczyk  Damond ,Freddy Gray ,William Bowers ,and Dillon Taylor. Ask yourself why Al Sharpton didn't protest those killings.  (They barely got press coverage )    Then ask your naive self.

2 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

I read this entire comment in a tone of sarcasm. Or is it satire? Little column A, little column B? “Only difference is Hitler was trying to kill everyone of and world domination crap” is a, shall we say, fucking astronomically notable and stark difference from demanding police accountability and reform. 

And to answer you first question, no, BLM is not the literal definition of racism. 

I want to be angry at your comment but it’s just so comical and sad if what you’re saying isn’t laced with sarcasm. Or satire. Little column A, little column B. Because you really compared BLM to Nazis. Which! I’ve seen it happen before though I don’t know if I’ve been apart of it. You just proved Godwin’s law! 

Please note, if your comment was sarcastic then disregard everything I just said. If you were being dead ass serious then in the words of my grandmother, “bless your little heart. Yes him did.” I mean, wow. That would just be so sad. And just to be clear I’m not sad for you. Just that you yourself are sad. Again, assuming you’re being serious and not sarcastic. 

The thing here is it was not sarcastic and I actually ran my post by 3 co-workers of mine before posting it and they said they agree with it.... btw they were all 3 black, one from Kentucky another from philly and the 3rd from denver (and was wearing a BLM shirt his 1st day).... and all 3 say YES it is to a degree still being racist and the only true way to bring down racism is to stop making it a race issue and look at it from the angle that it is more accurately a POOR issue... 

40 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Again..you can't seem to read or comprehend. I clearly stated that my biological son,that was murdered,was half black. So obviously I've seen the worst of racism. (If you knew how he died,you wouldn't have written what you did )

That said..google up the police shootings of  Ricky Ellsworth , Justine Ruszczyk  Damond ,Freddy Gray ,William Bowers ,and Dillon Taylor. Ask yourself why Al Sharpton didn't protest those killings.  (They barely got press coverage )    Then ask your naive self.

Oh no I read it just fine and while it’s unfortunate you lost your son it has nothing to do with the conversation. As unfortunate as your loss is your usage of it (my half black biological son and how he was murdered) serves as another distraction/misdirection so many of you make. Also, please stop with why Al Sharpton does anything. That man really hurt all you whites guys like that? 

And @Strange_Ice congratulations! You found the 3 black men that speak for and represent all Black people in the US. Now, would you like for me to tell you what 3 of my white coworkers said about BLM and how it’s not a racist movement and how if any white person says so they’re pieces of shit and more than likely closest racists themselves? I mean, it did come from 3 of my white coworkers so it has to be true. That’s how it works right? You find black people that agree with you and I find white people that agree with me and bonus points if they put their own take on it? Would it help if I found 20 more? But 3 would work, right? They do represent all white people on the subject. 

@JRWolfe just seems lost in a world leaving him and C-Span behind. You @Strange_Ice just seem to not like when Black people are vocal and further seem to really triggered at your inability to say certain things aloud without being dragged through the mud. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Either way for both of you...you will not be in my thoughts and prayers. But I am sorry if you’re offended. 

#BLM #AllBuildingsMatter #KaepSoBlack #GodwinsLaw #FuckYourWhiteInsecurities

Does anyone ever wonder why participation in these forums have dropped so dramatically lately?  You only need to read the above thread, any many others like it, to have your answer.  We really need to move these types of conversations to the comment section on C-span.  Why would anyone want to try and solve the world's problems on the forums on THIS site?  I've been guilty myself in going off topic on this board before, and I apologize for that, but I think I avoided insulting people just because they disagreed with me. Like someone once said, "take it outside."

5 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

Does anyone ever wonder why participation in these forums have dropped so dramatically lately?  You only need to read the above thread, any many others like it, to have your answer.  We really need to move these types of conversations to the comment section on C-span.  Why would anyone want to try and solve the world's problems on the forums on THIS site?  I've been guilty myself in going off topic on this board before, and I apologize for that, but I think I avoided insulting people just because they disagreed with me. Like someone once said, "take it outside."

You didn’t have a problem co-signing in the NFL thread with your regards of players taking a knee. Soooooooo, this is different how?

2 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

You didn’t have a problem co-signing in the NFL thread with your regards of players taking a knee. Soooooooo, this is different how?

I didn't insult anybody, and I've apologized.

9 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Actually, the majority of people who died were white.  Also, the majority of people who died were men.  It might explain why certain groups of people have empathy for 9/11 victims and very little empathy for the black community and what they're fighting for. 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm51SPa6.htm

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

1 hour ago, JoDoe27 said:

Oh no I read it just fine and while it’s unfortunate you lost your son it has nothing to do with the conversation. As unfortunate as your loss is your usage of it (my half black biological son and how he was murdered) serves as another distraction/misdirection so many of you make. Also, please stop with why Al Sharpton does anything. That man really hurt all you whites guys like that? 

And @Strange_Ice congratulations! You found the 3 black men that speak for and represent all Black people in the US. Now, would you like for me to tell you what 3 of my white coworkers said about BLM and how it’s not a racist movement and how if any white person says so they’re pieces of shit and more than likely closest racists themselves? I mean, it did come from 3 of my white coworkers so it has to be true. That’s how it works right? You find black people that agree with you and I find white people that agree with me and bonus points if they put their own take on it? Would it help if I found 20 more? But 3 would work, right? They do represent all white people on the subject. 

@JRWolfe just seems lost in a world leaving him and C-Span behind. You @Strange_Ice just seem to not like when Black people are vocal and further seem to really triggered at your inability to say certain things aloud without being dragged through the mud. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Either way for both of you...you will not be in my thoughts and prayers. But I am sorry if you’re offended. 

#BLM #AllBuildingsMatter #KaepSoBlack #GodwinsLaw #FuckYourWhiteInsecurities

Again the definition  of racism is to focus on and segregate ONE particular group.. that is exactly what BLM is so by definition it IS racist... that does NOT mean I am saying that the movement itself isn't valid. But there is far more to the issue then on the surface and its childish to attack with name calling and hostility instead of having an actual adult conversation. But like my coworker said to your reply "opinions are like a$$holes, we all have our own. And nobody else's actually affects you, so leave it at that"

And since some people can't have an actual civil/adult conversation about the matter I'll just leave this conversation with... have a nice day 🙂

5 minutes ago, Strange_Ice said:

Again the definition  of racism is to focus on and segregate ONE particular group.. that is exactly what BLM is so by definition it IS racist... that does NOT mean I am saying that the movement itself isn't valid. But there is far more to the issue then on the surface and its childish to attack with name calling and hostility instead of having an actual adult conversation. But like my coworker said to your reply "opinions are like a$$holes, we all have our own. And nobody else's actually affects you, so leave it at that"

And since some people can't have an actual civil/adult conversation about the matter I'll just leave this conversation with... have a nice day 🙂

See that’s the thing. I’ve had my fair share of civil conversations with some asinine, racist, bigoted people on this board. But that goes absolutely no where. At this point I have zero issue labeling people as I deem fit. And like my coworker said “just sounds like some racists dick wanting to prove a point by bringing in his “black friends.”” I tend to agree with my coworker but that’s just me. Again, he is white and does speak for all white people. And please note in that instance I didn’t call you a racist. My white coworker did. I’m just relaying to you what my white coworker stated about another white person. 

So yeah, I’m going to go ahead stick with my BLM isn’t racist. I’m fairly certain you and your 3 black friends would also take umbrage with “I’m black and I’m proud.” 

2 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

That was a stupid AF analogy. 

Smart enough to illicit a response from you. 

6 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

I didn't insult anybody, and I've apologized.

And you have always been one of the most respectful posters here, generally with good stuff to say and whose posts I for one enjoy.

Against my better judgment I will take one more crack at a couple things.

1. The main driving force behind the whole BLM movement is the assertion and belief that blacks are discriminated against in terms of especially law enforcement and justice.  There is a lot of numerical data that seems to support that claim.  Since the data and experience of many blacks is that they are treated very unfairly based upon race and in many cases harassed and even killed in custody for what frequently starts as minor shit.  It is like and seems like their lives and they personally do not matter as much as the better treated white folks.  In the context of that belief - appearing to be supported by a lot of data - saying Black Lives Matter is definitely NOT a racist statement, it is the complete opposite.  It is simply saying black folks matter just as much as white.  I would hope that the vast majority of people would agree with that statement.

2. To coin phrases like All Lives Matter or the absurd Blue Lives Matter is to ignore the grievance and claims in their entirety and is dismissive and deeply insulting.  It is a stupid argument of semantics.  Sorry, I just can't think of a more polite way to put that one.  And it accomplishes NOTHING.

3. The national anthem before sporting events with the raising of the flag is a show of respect for the country, the freedoms enjoyed here, the huge sacrifice of all that fought to protect those freedoms and what the nation stands for.  It is deeply meaningful to a great many people and with good reason, and that is as it should be.  To take a knee during the anthem is to most of those people deeply insulting to the country and those who fought for it.  Of course athletes have the right to speak their mind and opinions.  Of course the country is not perfect and many things could use some growth and change.  But why express your grievances about how things are working in such a way as to totally piss off and antagonize the folks you need to convince to support your cause if you want to succeed?  It is an incredibly stupid approach.  Stupid. Sorry, just is.

4. Speaking of stupid approaches allowing the black lives matter discussion to be taken over by the Black Lives Matter organization that espouses things like elimination of police forces and other far, far left policies that will lose even folks like me that have a great deal of sympathy and support for the idea of moving forward to true equality.  Stupid and unproductive.  Stop letting lunatics take over the cause.  

5. Many issues including race, health care, covid19 response, climate change etc. are very controversial and people are going to have different opinions.  But for either side of any of these critical issues taking the no compromise, our way or the highway, I am totally right and you are totally wrong approach is quite frankly exactly what civil wars are made from.  It is NOT what solutions are made from.  Can we stop the "your stupid" "if I am stupid what are you" middle school crap?And actually listen to the other side and then ask and expect them to do the same and allow expression of yours?  I am sick, sick sick, of people of both parties/sides accusing the other of being some deviant, evil force hell bent on destruction of freedom and life as we know it.  With a few very unfortunate exceptions, no - the other side wants just as much to see good things happen in the country they just disagree on how best to get there.  Until we regain enough civility to actually shut up and listen and be objective everything will continue spiraling into total cluster fuck.

6. Can we stop picking leaders and joining groups and ranting on social media groups that spread nothing but division, hate, disrespect my-way-the-only-way, the other side is evil and blah, blah bullshit.  Yes, you all think you know what I mean.  But I mean both sides  It is just that one total incompetent lunatic is the worst offender at present, but millions enable it. 

7. If your education in public school relative to the history of this country AFTER the Civil War sucked as bad as mine did (we spent three fourths of the year every year on the lost Italian "discovering" a land where hundreds of thousands were living, the revolutionary war, invention of cotton gin stuff, and Civil War.  Then fast forward at warp speed up to WW1 skipping everything between, passing mention of WW2 and poof year over.  Before making statements like slavery ended over a hundred and fifty years ago take some time to learn about all the shit skipped in school.  Reconstruction, Jim Crow, share cropping, railroading blacks into prison then providing them as "prison labor" (still slaves basically) to rich plantation owners, the formation of the KKK, the total flip flop of the republican and democrat parties, state mandated segregation, exclusion of blacks from voting, total riot and destruction of the "black wall street" in Tulsa OK by whites for no reason other than to squash blacks that were being too successful, the need for the Civil Rights act and Voting Rights Act in the 60's and the list goes on and on.  It will change your perspective.  What do you have to lose?  Knowledge really is power if not overwhelmed by hate and distrust.

8. If honest conversation ever gets going (PLEASE!!!) be prepared to acknowledge that in some ways your side is partially responsible - cause both have issues.  And government can't fix everything, but it sure can fuck most things up.

OK.  Back to farts, rate threads, scams, why did she hang up on me and all the rest.  I will shut up now. (probably temporary) Best I got.  More than happy (delighted actually!!) to have an honest and respectful conversation about any of the divisive issues with someone that has a different view.  We may both learn a lot and actually make some progress.

2 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

Smart enough to illicit a response from you. 

Could be wrong, think he was agreeing with you

I have no sympathy for the black community, they are their own worst enemy. Look at black on black crime, they kill each other like nobody's business. They are also Planned Parenthoods biggest customer. There are more black babies aborted in New York City, then born alive. 

They blindly follow the Democrats, when you had Democrat LBJ infamously saying once we pass the civil rights act, we'll have those n-words voting Democrat for 200 years. 

The Marxist BLM organization, and their white simps can fuck off.