oldertruckguy-9225

Question for the Grill Masters

36 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

ICR the brand. The reviews were as high as Traeger, but about $300 less on Amazon. It’s easy to use and everything has been yummy, even hamburgers are better on there.😃

Audrey I don’t see the ICR brand on Amazon or Googling.

Will you please take another look at brand name or model number? Maybe a picture too?

4 hours ago, Seeker5280 said:

Audrey I don’t see the ICR brand on Amazon or Googling.

Will you please take another look at brand name or model number? Maybe a picture too?

I'm pretty sure Audrey meant "I can't recall" when she posted ICR.

55 minutes ago, pfunk said:

I'm pretty sure Audrey meant "I can't recall" when she posted ICR.

Oh stop it.........

sorry!

One thing about Traegers vs other brands such as Green Mountain Grills https://greenmountaingrills.com/, is that the Traegers don't get as hot.  So if you want a bit of char on your steaks, look at one of the other brands that get to 500 and higher.  Maybe Traeger does the higher temps now, but not when I looked a year or so back.

As far as cleaning, I max out the burners after I'm through cooking and let them burn off the grills; then bush them off.

Now let's talk about steaks. I've been doing a "reverse sear" for some time and get the best steaks with that method. Basically, on a multi-burner grill, you have one burner going on low and let the grill come up to around 250 deg. Put the steaks on the cool side and cook to an internal temp of 125 - 135 degs. Yes you need a thermometer, a remote read one is best. 125 degs with get you a red in the center steak. 135 will be more pink inside.

Once the steak is up to temp, take it off the grill, rap in aluminum foil and let it rest for 15 min. Then put it back on the grill with the burner on high and sear on both sides; a couple of minutes on each side will do. Best steaks I've ever eaten and they are not dried out!

You can do the same thing with burgers or you can just use the thermometer to monitor the internal temp until it's what you want.

And if you're adventurous, try a pineapple cheese burger. Throw a ring of pineapple on the grill right before you flip the burger. Put the grilled pineapple on the burger and cover with a slice of cheese. Continue cooking until the cheese is melted the way you want it.

Edited by lowboy

I scrap my after a grilling session. In the spring I remove the guts and scrap them. Gas grill.

We did Tomahawk Ribeyes this past week. Two minutes at 600 degrees then flip for two more. Then into a preheated oven at 375 degrees.

I used a temperature prob and pulled them at 120 degrees. Took about 25 minutes in the oven.

Foil cover for 15 minutes.

They were perfectly cooked to rare!