geecue2

Never forget

9 posts in this topic

I will never forget.  I remember exactly where I was when it hit the news.  Though I didn't know anyone directly affected, it hit me hard.  My emotions ran all over the place, from anger to fear to anxiety.  9/11 is the Pearl Harbor for my generation and will never be forgotten.

14 minutes ago, average1 said:

I will never forget.  I remember exactly where I was when it hit the news.  Though I didn't know anyone directly affected, it hit me hard.  My emotions ran all over the place, from anger to fear to anxiety.  9/11 is the Pearl Harbor for my generation and will never be forgotten.

Affected the US and even the world as a whole. Memorials sprung in neighboring states with 'WTC Steel....

911-Memorial-fall-side-view-e14718904171

2 hours ago, average1 said:

I will never forget.  I remember exactly where I was when it hit the news...

Me too.  Driving to work in the mountains and listening to morning radio, and thought they were joking.  When they said the second tower was also hit, I pulled over on I-70 (with a lot of other drivers) listening in.  Got to work and heard about the Pentagon.  Got too work and boss said to go home.  We had many partners and customers in NYC and trying to contact them to make sure they were alright, but of course, the phone lines were overworked.  #neverforget

Meaning no disrespect to anyone whatsoever, I must ask - remember what?  Among other things i suggest we be specific about remembering:

• The incredible bravery and sense of duty displayed by the firemen/firewomen, policemen/policewomen and other emergency response people dashing into the mouth of hell to attempt aid to others until the buildings came down. 
  • The bravery of the passengers on the jet that crashed near Shanksberg that prevented further destruction by bringing the plane down.
  • All of those (see first item and more) that labored for months in the toxic rubble first looking for survivors and then recovery of remains.
  • The fact that virtually everyone was united by what was a foreign attack on our very way of life. You know, a United States that was indeed briefly united.  So needed today.
  • The ideology that planned the attack is still alive and well and still dedicated to our destruction.  

And then starting tomorrow I hope we remember other things as well.  Like:

• do not squander trillions of dollars invading one country (Iraq) when it was a DIFFERENT country (Saudi Arabia) that actually attacked us.
  • do not believe wild ass conspiracy theories ....... there were a ton of them, mainly spread by the same folks still rampantly active creating them today.

So, I agree - always remember and never forget.  I just think it is good to be specific about what it is we should remember. 

Anyone wish to add to the list, please do.

I can still feel the raw emotion receiving orders then scrambling several hours after the towers were hit. We were in disbelief in the ready room and time just stood still trying to get suited up as quickly as possible. I personally will never forget and thank god there were no more threats inbound that morning. 

I remeber well that morning , as I was watching the morning news show from New York City and reports of the first jet hitting. The news flash was only minutes after it first hit the North tower. Then seeing the second jet inbound and hitting the South tower. At that second I knew it was terrorism. Finally seeing the South tower drop. To be trapped in the North tower and knowing then your fate  must have been horrible. I remember how silent the skies were for the next few days. I live on the outer pattern to KCI airport. The jets turn over my house all day long on approach. An occasional military fighter was all that could be heard overhead.  One symbol I remember was a photo of a car parked somewhere at a train station. It's owner never to return. After a few days or so people began attaching  flowers, ribbons, photos, etc. There were hundreds just like it everywhere. Some were left as memorials for a couple weeks until they were finally removed.

I will always remember my friend calling me and telling me to turn on the TV and check it out.  I have a close friend who was profoundly affected by the event as he had his office in one of the buildings. Thank you Geecue2, I sent my friend a text message

May we never forget 9/11!!!!

My friend sent me some beautiful pictures of the memorial. I just don't know how to upload on here? 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki