lustybustygina

Football Starts Tonight

17 posts in this topic

I believe, I couldn't care less about pro sports in general. At one point I was a 15 straight years, 10 rows up, center court, NBA season ticket holder. Today, I can't tell you who or what's playing. I was slipping before, but using the games as forums for socio-political statements has pushed me over the edge into "done." 

Edited by Happymon

I have had too many friends come home under the flag to support ANY of the anti-American crap these prima donnas want to force on us.  Just saying

2 hours ago, mustang said:

I have had too many friends come home under the flag to support ANY of the anti-American crap these prima donnas want to force on us.  Just saying

I'm more of a college football fan. I'm going to miss all the big games this year. I also have a big problem with all the kneeling during the national anthem. 

17 hours ago, mustang said:

I'm a disabled veteran and lost a close friend myself, so I'm with you on this one brother.

On 9/10/2020 at 5:54 PM, mustang said:

To be perfectly clear I absolutely oppose any demonstration of protest or condemnation during the national anthem.  It is completely disrespectful of the flag, and more importantly the country and all of us that love same.  That said, what anti-American crap being forced on us?  Can you be specific? I believe there are real issues that absolutely need to be openly discussed and resolved, and if the NFL, NBA and a bunch of millionaire players wish to have a real impact put money where the mouths are, stop alienating and insulting many, many of the same people whose support and understanding is needed to accomplish anything.  And perhaps something at half time or before the game that opens the issues to all to hear and contemplate.  Kneeling during the anthem just understandably pisses people off while feeding the ego of certain players wanting show off.  Do something productive and reach out in good faith to those who do not yet see what you are getting at and much may get accomplished.

18 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

To be perfectly clear I absolutely oppose any demonstration of protest or condemnation during the national anthem.  It is completely disrespectful of the flag, and more importantly the country and all of us that love same.  That said, what anti-American crap being forced on us?  Can you be specific? I believe there are real issues that absolutely need to be openly discussed and resolved, and if the NFL, NBA and a bunch of millionaire players wish to have a real impact put money where the mouths are, stop alienating and insulting many, many of the same people whose support and understanding is needed to accomplish anything.  And perhaps something at half time or before the game that opens the issues to all to hear and contemplate.  Kneeling during the anthem just understandably pisses people off while feeding the ego of certain players wanting show off.  Do something productive and reach out in good faith to those who do not yet see what you are getting at and much may get accomplished.

What specific issues are you talking about? This country in the worst of times has still been the best place on the planet to live. Sure we are not perfect and we have had some black periods in our history. Slavery is on the top of the list. But My God that is over 100 years ago. I'm of Irish heritage and trust me we weren't treated very well but we persevered. My family didn't immigrate to this country until the 1860's. I'm sure we didn't have anything to do with it. What about the Democrat " war on poverty" Theres a real success story!!! Its was all about votes not the wellbeing of the black community. It just made them dependent on government programs. And to be honest the Republicans didn't give a shit. 

52 minutes ago, Newoldbull said:

What specific issues are you talking about? This country in the worst of times has still been the best place on the planet to live. Sure we are not perfect and we have had some black periods in our history. Slavery is on the top of the list. But My God that is over 100 years ago. I'm of Irish heritage and trust me we weren't treated very well but we persevered. My family didn't immigrate to this country until the 1860's. I'm sure we didn't have anything to do with it. What about the Democrat " war on poverty" Theres a real success story!!! Its was all about votes not the wellbeing of the black community. It just made them dependent on government programs. And to be honest the Republicans didn't give a shit. 

I have a hard time believing you do not know exactly what issues I am talking about since you throw up a ton of irrelevant arguments why none exist.  There have been many threads here.  Specifically why are there more interactions, by factors of up 7 times more, between police and blacks, and why are blacks once in one of those interactions three to four times more likely not to survive the interaction?  Why do black parents feel the need to give the talk and have their children scared to death of cops?  The data points to there being good reason.  But even if it is not racist, do you not see there is a problem?  You have two choices - either black people bring it all on themselves because they are different than ........ wait, yeah, that would be by definition racist bullshit.  Or door number two SOMETHING is not right and needs addressed.  First we need to talk about it honestly and openly and be willing to listen rather than get all ticked off and argue first.  If talked about honestly my money is on there being enough blame to go around on both sides.  But I would like to see it end.

On 9/10/2020 at 5:54 PM, mustang said:

You really should, you know, LISTEN to the players who are protesting to understand what it is they are protesting.  If you're stuck on thinking this is about patriotism or the flag, then you're just ignorant.  You can fix that.  Even the OG of protests, Kaep, got the idea to kneel from A VETERAN.  

And last night, they SEPARATED the anthem from the Unity moment, and people still booed.  But hey, I find it's better to know who the racists are than not know.  I know a lot of vets, too, and many of them say "Hey, I may not love the kneeling, but I fought for the right for people to protest however they want, and I'm proud of that".

People who think that players who take a knee are protesting the flag probably also think that Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation.

I just wish businessmen would stay the f*ck out of politics. They've got no business being there and who gives a f*ck what they think?

1 hour ago, oldguy47 said:

I just wish businessmen would stay the f*ck out of politics. They've got no business being there and who gives a f*ck what they think?

Exactly what I was thinking!!!!! Why the f*ck would a guy with six bankruptcies be in the Whitehouse!!!!!!! 

Edited by parkercole
had to edit fuck

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

People who think that players who take a knee are protesting the flag probably also think that Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation.

This is probably one of the greatest analogies that is out there! 

I thought ignorant people would catch on to Lebron James tweet.......

z3udtBkF9zw3.jpg

3 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

You do realize, of course, that every businessman, athlete, grocery bagger, policeman, and unemployed food server ALL have the right to free speech, right? If they want to talk politics, that is their right. It's also your right to walk away, or plug your ears. :)

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

You do realize, of course, that every businessman, athlete, grocery bagger, policeman, and unemployed food server ALL have the right to free speech, right? If they want to talk politics, that is their right. It's also your right to walk away, or plug your ears. :)

You didn't realize that was the meaning of my post. It was intended as a response to those wishing athletes would stick to athletics and STFU about politics.

Actually I never really watched them before. I work a lot and never really having played a lot of sports, I have other interests. Now with their politics on the field and the NFL letting them do as they please, I could care less. There is a place and time for everything. These players have the wealth and time to do off the field, everything they want. Let them protest on their own time and not mine.