Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gentleman47[Banned]

Just Had My First Palisade Peach

26 posts in this topic

Where have you been? I sucked that palisade like it was a labia. I felt like the Prince of a Labia.

Palisade peaches are in relatively short supply this year.  I suggest you locate a flat (local farmers market usually have them).

I loooove palisade peaches! Sucky thing is you have to go into the mountains to get them usually which is a bit of a drive from me.

2 hours ago, Marilyn Desire said:

I loooove palisade peaches! Sucky thing is you have to go into the mountains to get them usually which is a bit of a drive from me.

You can purchase them at the Colorado Farm and Art Market (CFAM) on Weds by the Pioneer museum downtown (COS). Earlier is better than later since they sometimes sell out.

I love a clean, screaming peach.  Succulent & tasty!

Oh, we’re talking about fruit, with stones? Never mind.

😜😉🤗

8 hours ago, Necron 99 said:

You can purchase them at the Colorado Farm and Art Market (CFAM) on Weds by the Pioneer museum downtown (COS). Earlier is better than later since they sometimes sell out.

Or Saturday mornings in Bancroft Park in OCC.

On 8/16/2020 at 3:13 PM, Gentleman47362 said:

Where have you been? I sucked that palisade like it was a labia. I felt like the Prince of a Labia.

Cool beans!! It's a revelation for many when they taste something close to fresh picked and not shipped in from Timbuktu. Now keep your nose peeled for Rocky Ford cantelopes and eyes for Olathe Sweet Corn. 

Our food supply chain is second to none. Unfortunately, in the process, we've nearly entirely sacrificed taste in favor of uniformity and ship-ability. 

This is not just fruits, but they're the most egregious. I can remember the night I was introduced to shrimp minutes old from the water and and thinking with my first bite: motherofgod, what in hell have I been eating all these years. 

Edited by Happymon

28 minutes ago, Happymon said:

Cool beans!! It's a revelation for many when they taste something close to fresh picked and not shipped in from Timbuktu. Now keep your nose peeled for Rocky Ford cantelopes and eyes for Olathe Sweet Corn. 

Our food supply chain is second to none. Unfortunately, in the process, we've nearly entirely sacrificed taste in favor of uniformity and ship-ability. 

This is not just fruits, but they're the most egregious. I can remember the night I was introduced to shrimp minutes old from the water and and thinking with my first bite: motherofgod, what in hell have I been eating all these years. 

Palisade peaches are fantastic.  When I worked at Coors back in the late 70's , I'd take orders and collect money from co-workers and drive my pickup truck over to the west slope and load it up with peaches and bring them back for everyone.

I saw King Soopers advertise Olathe sweet corn a few weeks ago.

30 minutes ago, Happymon said:

Years ago when I lived in Texas, I went down to Galveston from Houston, the highway was full of guys selling fresh gulf shrimp from ice chests.  The shrimp were so fresh and good that I couldn't believe how poor the quality was in restaurants.  

1 hour ago, Dwayne said:

Years ago when I lived in Texas, I went down to Galveston from Houston, the highway was full of guys selling fresh gulf shrimp from ice chests.  The shrimp were so fresh and good that I couldn't believe how poor the quality was in restaurants.  

Grease is always better than frozen.

Wish I could find a place in Denver that sold fresh, same day caught shrimp and salmon and other seafood that I could take home that day and cook.

If anyone knows of a fresh seafood market in Denver, please let me know.

Aurora Kiwanis Club has sold them by the flat in the past could not get enough of a supply this year due to the frost

This thread reminds me of a favorite Allman Brothers album, "Eat a Peach". Loved the album (on vinyl) and "eating a peach" is always a good thing to do.  ;)

Palisade peaches are always a treat to eat.  Tasty and juicy (see line above) and good anytime I can get one.

Whoa, OP mentions prince and peach in the same sentence, so I think:

1 hour ago, average1 said:

This thread reminds me of a favorite Allman Brothers album, "Eat a Peach". Loved the album (on vinyl) and "eating a peach" is always a good thing to do.  ;)

Palisade peaches are always a treat to eat.  Tasty and juicy (see line above) and good anytime I can get one.

yes! a true classic!

2 hours ago, average1 said:

Then there's::

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
'Cause I speak of the pompatus of love

On 8/17/2020 at 0:51 PM, ilovewomen said:

I love a good peach cobbler.

LUTHERS had the best I’ve ever had. Shame they burnt down.

Peach pie is one of my favorites. Now if you go up into the mountains, native cutthroat trout is the closet you will come to fresh salmon  in Colorado lovewoman.  Wall Lake was one of my favorite spots to fish. 

12 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

Peach pie is one of my favorites. Now if you go up into the mountains, native cutthroat trout is the closet you will come to fresh salmon  in Colorado lovewoman.  Wall Lake was one of my favorite spots to fish. 

Or kokanee at Blue Mesa :D

1 hour ago, Alex Majors said:

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Or kokanee at Blue Mesa :D

brook trout species of freshwater fish in the char genus Salvelinus of the salmon family Salmonidae native to Colorado  taste  a lot like Salmon.

Agree cutthroat is quite tasty......

Makes me want to grill up some wild sockeye salmon and then have peach pie for dessert......

1 hour ago, Kaduk said:

Makes me want to grill up some wild sockeye salmon and then have peach pie for dessert......

Sold, if you make that cobbler ala mode. 😁

On 8/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, Necron 99 said:

Palisade peaches are in relatively short supply this year.  I suggest you locate a flat (local farmers market usually have them).

I just picked up a few at Whole Paycheck. King Soopers had them for about a week. Very scarce indeed!

27 minutes ago, gb0138 said:

I just picked up a few at Whole Paycheck. King Soopers had them for about a week. Very scarce indeed!

9FCBF054-A6D2-4A4A-8137-B4D81E93F4D7_1_201_a.jpeg

Usually their stands are everywhere. Sucks the spring frost killed off the peach crops. My neighbors two trees had nothing this year:(....

In college I lived in Phoenix. Use to ride my bike through citrus orchards on my way to the trails. Eating a freshly picked orange or grapefruit is amazing! Especially a grapefruit. Never would have imaged they would be so sweet.

I made homemade peach cobbler for the first time ever last night! It was so good but more work than I anticipated!

peach.jpg

cobbler.jpg