Laci French

During quarantine

10 posts in this topic

What did you do to keep yourself sane, happy, healthy and connected?

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

Started working out. Dropped from 173 to 148. I’m looking pretty lean these days. It’s great I can fit back into my slim cut dress shirts again.

Got up everyday and left for work . Just like any other day. Since I couldn't do anything else outside of work, I just worked around the property. Since the weather was nice, I got a lot done.  Ate a little healthier.

Just take care of my animals, they are the ones the kept me sane.

Since we are an essential biz, nothing changed a lot for me.  I still got up everyday and went to work. The only thing was no hobbying for 3 months.

This has been a very difficult time. I have relatively modest social needs and it's been hard on me, so I can't imagine what it must be like for many. The individual and societal fallout from this is going to be with us long after fears of covid19 have faded in the face of the next new thing to terrify the crap out of everyone. 

Early on, the "gung ho, we're all in this together" spirit carried me. As it became clear that panic and bewilderment had overtaken most decision makers, that our measures at control of the virus were indeed as futile as I feared, that many chose to quickly politicize this and that the cures implemented were going to cause bigger problems than the patient could likely tolerate, I became discouraged. It's essential I stay optimistic for the future and grateful for what I have.  

The best I can do is take care of myself. Under no conditions do I watch mainstream news and I severely limit social media. I've invigorated my meditation practice and I have increased my phone time with those I care about. I'm reading more than normal and I've been bringing food to shut ins on our island. 

11 hours ago, Laci French said:

Walking like crazy lately! Putting the miles in to keep the suds down Laci. And gardening

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

5 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Since we are an essential biz, nothing changed a lot for me.  I still got up everyday and went to work. The only thing was no hobbying for 3 months.

This was pretty much the same boat I was in.