Marilyn Desire

New Platform/Clarity

21 posts in this topic

So I am sure some of you have noticed that TOB has added sugar babies, and local dating to their platform. As providers who invest in this site, meaning we pay to advertise here, I am curious how this is going to affect us.  With these new additions clients are now being directed away from TOB and the ads that providers are required to pay for. Now I am fully aware that there are many advertising sites on the web that also advertise other services as well, however these sites are significantly less expensive to use, I would say at least 50 percent less if not more. My only hope is that the new additions will not have a negative impact on those who continue to want to use it and pay for it.

I guess banner ads help pay the bills....I would be willing to pay for a membership if it gave me the ability to block provider ads.

52 minutes ago, Mr.Pink said:

I guess banner ads help pay the bills....I would be willing to pay for a membership if it gave me the ability to block provider ads.

Why do you want to block provider ads?

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

Why do you want to block provider ads?

Mr Pink is a troll. Nuff said.

Marilyn has a valid point. The providers pay to advertise, and additional ads, for competitors, dilute the visibility, although probably not much.

:)

Edited by pfunk

2 hours ago, pfunk said:

. The providers pay to advertise, and additional ads, for competitors, dilute the visibility, although probably not much.

The banners on the forum page provide alternatives, though not ones in which I’m interested.  I’m well aware of these alternatives.  If that’s what I wanted, I’d go there directly.

Rent/lease/purchase? 

I never even noticed the banner ad before but I am glad TOB doesn't have the popups on the sides and ads are shoved down our throats.  I would welcome SB's into the forum but I too - do not wish to lease or purchase.  I don't see how this as is of any competition to you Marilyn.

1 hour ago, jus12pla said:

I don't see how this as is of any competition to you Marilyn.

I don't really see it as a competition, more of like a distraction, because if you click on the links it takes you away from the TOB site, thus the TOB ads. But as others have said, if clients are on TOB, they are typically not looking for sugar babies or local dating, but who knows, to each their own I suppose!

You’re right, it’s not competition @Marilyn Desire. There is a market and service for everyone. The folks that prefer those areas are not your client, not your type. So, in the end, those that are interested in you and your services, will still be contacting you.😁 Maybe we will get less tire kicker/jackass replies?😂 You are so specialized in your niche and your area.🌹🌹🌹No problemo . 😉

On 7/31/2020 at 4:23 PM, pfunk said:

Mr Pink is a troll. Nuff said.

Marilyn has a valid point. The providers pay to advertise, and additional ads, for competitors, dilute the visibility, although probably not much.

It’s not my site to run, but I do see a similarity to other site banner ads. All told though a website doesn’t run itself. If banners/links help bring in enough revenue to keep the site up and running so be it. I guess I understood Pink’s post differently. Didn’t construe it as trolling. I am glad they are only links though and not the full blown ad gifs that other sites have. I have faith in the mods. Despite small differences in opinion they run a pretty good place here. For what it’s worth, those links don’t really distract or deter me.

Linking to Sugarbabies and Local Dating seem to diminish the credibility of TOB in my opinion - there's just too many scammers on those sights.

Well I wouldn't consider a sugarbaby as much competion there. They aren't here for a living. They think they can command the same donation as the high dollar girls. They don't provide the same experience. When ECCIE shut down all ads and profiles, I tried that route. Most of the other sites left were full of scams. I spent twice as much for half the service. Plus you have to pay a membership to the sugarbaby site.  So be thankful TOB is still functioning there and you can have a profile and ads.

Having tried the sugar baby thing, it is not something I will soon repeat.  The membership fees for those sites are very high, the "product" very "ymmv" and LOTS of GPS.   MISS being able to meet the tob ladies here, but I just don't have reason to get to Denver much.  The dating site I see in the tab for tob is, imho, a bigger risk than a date on 16th.  I suspect that IF you are seeing a drop in calls it is NOT because of the other offerings. 

What's the big deal? Just don't click on the link, nothing else has changed

OK...I clicked on the two new links...sugar babies and local dating. Pretty typical. They want information to get a "free sign up". However, you cannot see, do, or interact with anything\anyone without first purchasing "credits or coins." So it would cost money to see ads that are probably fake. While it generates money tor TOB, which is fine, this place is full of people who would have no interest at all in such old games. Sites like those have been around far longer than TOB, and pretty much everyone here would not BE here if they had not learned decades ago that those sites are useless. 

I agree on the points that they are different markets, so the impact should be very minimal. Personally, I treaded those grounds long before finding my way to TOB and it's not something I'm interested in trying again or what I'm here for. I'm just thankful that the site designers made the links small and tasteful, it would be a sad day if TOB turned into the pop-up/advertisement/redirection internet cancer that some sites are. 

Edited by frostyjack

The links don't even do anything (at least for me).  I believe I can sufficiently ignore that, especially I hadn't noticed until this post.

It's three separate things for me (Dating, Sugar babies, and ladies here on TOB). Like most people on here said it's an avenue of income for TOB. 

My Sugar baby experience was a gal asking me to help her buy a BMW. I honestly laughed! It's so not my thing!!

I like to date, but not from a website that was on here. Looks like it disappeared. That site was a scam!

No need to worry Marilyn. Most guys like me are on here to mingle with the sexy ladies of TOB and we know the expectations. No commitment to purchasing BMWs or the 24 hour commitment of a relationship.

14 hours ago, parkercole said:

My Sugar baby experience was a gal asking me to help her buy a BMW. I honestly laughed! It's so not my thing!!

You could have offered to do so, one part at a time! If things went well after part 1, proceed to part 2. 

On 7/31/2020 at 0:36 PM, Marilyn Desire said:

So I am sure some of you have noticed that TOB has added sugar babies, and local dating to their platform. As providers who invest in this site, meaning we pay to advertise here, I am curious how this is going to affect us.  With these new additions clients are now being directed away from TOB and the ads that providers are required to pay for. Now I am fully aware that there are many advertising sites on the web that also advertise other services as well, however these sites are significantly less expensive to use, I would say at least 50 percent less if not more. My only hope is that the new additions will not have a negative impact on those who continue to want to use it and pay for it.

I believe you will be just fine beautiful!

The gents on this board are not looking for those situations and I hope it helps TOB to make some moolah.

On 7/31/2020 at 2:36 PM, Marilyn Desire said:

I appreciate your concerns, but I think they may be unfounded. 1) I doubt it's news to this crowd that there are sites beyond TOB, 2) I would expect that there are some financial implications for TOB to run the sites so bully for ownership and 3) it hasn't yet been a week and we're down to only Sugar Babies. 

15 hours ago, Laci French said:

I believe you will be just fine beautiful!

The gents on this board are not looking for those situations and I hope it helps TOB to make some moolah.

This is all true. Those sites have no appeal to me, (and Marilyn is quite attractive.)