AnaBeau

Bitcoin?

45 posts in this topic

How do you go about acquiring bitcoins?  Pm me please.  Thx!!!!!

You need a bitcoin wallet from someone place like www.coinbase.com.

Can I ask what you need bitcoin for?

1 hour ago, Badboy said:

AnaBeau, why in the world would you want to take anything other than good old folding money cash?  All of the electronic crap is traceable, and remember Al Copone wasn't put in jail for all of his crimes, he was put in jail because they traced his income and he didn't pay his taxes.  Just sayin...

A lot of provider oriented sites these days are moving towards alternative methods of payment. There are a few that bitcoin is the best option for payment.

This is applicable for the guys as well since some services, most importantly p411, take bitcoin (and being out of the country you can't use prepaid debit cards!). I found that in Colorado there is actually an atm type place! http://www.xbteller.com/locations

You still need to go figure out all the wallet stuff, but a year ago the service fee was reasonable and you could just feed $20s into the machine inside a store that was thankfully not a sketchy feeling place. 

I still do not understand how Bitcoin works. A recent special on Viceland  said Bitcoin is not traceable?  

Take my word for it, buybpcredits.com or some other similar service is the way to go. I did not have the time to deal with bitcoin and all that, I already feel stressed out enough by the secretary work that comes with the field. And sometimes this site is even cheaper than bitcoin because the currency changes constantly, so the worth of 1$ USD does not equal 1 bitcoin. 

On 9/23/2016 at 1:46 AM, inkspot said:

I still do not understand how Bitcoin works. A recent special on Viceland  said Bitcoin is not traceable?  

Bitcoin transactions can be traced to a bitcoin address. It's a good idea to use a new address for each transaction to make it harder for someone to tie your transactions together.  If you're really interested in bitcoin anonymity, you might consider using a mixing service like bitmixer.io.  Mixing services make it even harder to trace transactions back to your wallet.

I find bitcoin very interesting, and while it's a bit of a pain in the butt, it's interesting.

Although I've never used this method, you can purchase bitcoin anonymously through the following site, which is a little bit like ebay for bitcoin:

https://localbitcoins.com/

I think the most "anonymous"" way to purchase them, is to meet someone at a Starbucks and do the transfer that way (into an anonymous wallet), but like anything it's not 100% failproof (in multiple ways).

The fluctuation in price can go either way.... I collected a bunch of bitcoin when it was around $380, and now it's worth about $600. So the fluctuation really isn't anything to totally freak out about, unless you are just buying exactly the amount of bitcoin you need to make a single purchase. I hold an amount, more for shits and giggles than anything else, and to see what happens. :)

Always,

Gina

16 minutes ago, GinaXXX said:

I find bitcoin very interesting, and while it's a bit of a pain in the butt, it's interesting.

Although I've never used this method, you can purchase bitcoin anonymously through the following site, which is a little bit like ebay for bitcoin:

https://localbitcoins.com/

I think the most "anonymous"" way to purchase them, is to meet someone at a Starbucks and do the transfer that way (into an anonymous wallet), but like anything it's not 100% failproof (in multiple ways).

The fluctuation in price can go either way.... I collected a bunch of bitcoin when it was around $380, and now it's worth about $600. So the fluctuation really isn't anything to totally freak out about, unless you are just buying exactly the amount of bitcoin you need to make a single purchase. I hold an amount, more for shits and giggles than anything else, and to see what happens. :)

Always,

Gina

to be anonymous and untraceable you need a few things:

2 wallets

VPN

bitcoin tumbler

encrypted email 

PGP program (it's bonus security)

and localbitcoins.com

Wallet 1 is for your 'dirty' coins. never open it if your vpn isn't on. Dirty coins are what you buy on localbitcoins. You'll pay a little above market rate for these coins. You show up at a bank branch in person. Deposit cash into their account. Then you email a picture of the deposit receipt (they confirm it by checking their balance) and they transfer coins to your 'dirty' wallet.

From here you have options. Spend it on 'dirty' stuff. Dark web, providers- whatever. It's up to the receiver in a 'dirty' transaction to clean their own coins. So you buy some stuff, sell some stuff, time to cash out. But you don't want to cash dirty coins in your name. Makes the whole thing pointless. 

From there you move the coins to a tumbler (sometimes called a fogger). The easy way to explain a tumbler is they take your $100 bill, split it into pennies (along with a 1,000 other people's $100 bills) and bounce them around in million transactions. Comes out the other side as $100, just nearly impossible to track which pennies went into making it. Now the coins are 'clean', mostly. lot of sites won't accept a transfer from a tumbler. so you can send them to your clean wallet, then where ever you want to cash out from, like Circle.com. 

Keep in mind nearly every place you can cash out bitcoins is getting regulated like a bank. They gotta know it's you. Real ids, or tied to a real bank account. They're reporting to the IRS. That's why you need your coins clean before cashing out. 

Never open your dirty wallet if your vpn is off. Pick a vpn that protects your privacy. Private Internet Access is a good one. They don't keep logs of your online activity. Even if they were raided no info would tie you to any specific activity. Plus they're off shore. Harder to get a warrant. 

Bit coin transactions aren't instant. They can take a few hours. The value of bitcoin is pretty volatile. What a dollar bought today won't be the same tomorrow. You can make or lose money by doing nothing. 

On 9/28/2016 at 5:48 PM, Badboy said:

Holy Shit! You gotta be kidding me.  Does anyone really bother when you can go to an ATM, get your $$$, fold it in half and hand it to a beautiful young lady?

That process is how to get cash into bitcoins and bitcoins into cash without leaving much in your name. If you just want coins for 'clean' buys you just go to any ol exchange. Circle or some other place like them. It's no big deal to buy enough for a bp ad. If you want to pay for 'dirty' things, or accept payment for 'dirty' things, you would want to pay more attention to the method I described.

Can somebody p.m. me please on how to get Bitcoins in Rockies.?

What do you mean by "get Bitcoins?"

Do you mean accept them as payment? Or do you mean buy some Bitcoins to either use or hold as an investment? Because those are two different questions.

Cryptocurrency is absolutely a great tool for providers and more should look into it. There are many great cryptocurrencies, all with different features. Bitcoin is just one of over a thousand.

Bitcoin, specifically, sucks. You should avoid it. It's extremely volatile, has high transaction fees, and it takes a long time to confirm transactions.

It's also important to realize that Bitcoin is anonymous, but it's not private. Someone who knows your Bitcoin address can see every transaction that's ever been made, into or out of that account. So if someone ties your identity to an address, they basically have a perfect copy of your books to peruse at their leisure.

There are many alternatives to Bitcoin, and almost all of them are better in almost every way. Litecoin is very much like Bitcoin, but has faster transactions, lower fees, and has historically been very stable, price-wise. Ethereum is also better in the same ways. Neither Litecoin nor Ethereum solve the privacy issue, though (although Ethereum is getting new privacy features very soon).

Monero is the cryptocurrency that's best for this business. Hands down. It's relatively stable and it's private by default. Even if someone manages to tie your Monero address to your personal identity (VERY difficult), it's impossible for them to see your transactions or your balance. The only issue is Monero is fairly new, so the tools to use it aren't as mature as they are for Bitcoin.

But if you can get Monero working, it's better than cash (I think, anyway).

If people are interested in learning more about cryptocurrencies and how they could/should be used in this industry, it might be possible to compel me to write a guide or give a class.

5 hours ago, MrPurple said:

If people are interested in learning more about cryptocurrencies and how they could/should be used in this industry, it might be possible to compel me to write a guide or give a class.

Or perhaps put in a few (2-3) links so research can be done at our own speed?

Crypto's are a fiat currency, not backed or acknowledged by any government or legitimate bank. They exist as a medium of wealth, investment, or exchange based on agreement of various users. It is an excellent ( risky) short term investment tool, and is somewhat useful as a currency in certain venues at this particular moment. Certainly, at some point, it will be shut down\and or seized by Governments and banks...or utterly crash......torching those with a boatload invested. However, until that time, it is a riverboat gamblers instrument with potential big payoffs and uses.......with the requisite risks.

4 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Certainly, at some point, it will be shut down\and or seized by Governments and banks

How? Through what mechanism could any entity shut down or seize a cryptocurrency? They're decentralized with all nodes having equal importance. There is no server that can be turned off. There is no authority that can be coerced into transferring assets.

Distributed ledger technology, on which cryptocurrencies are built, gains legitimacy every day. The IRS has given us rules on how to tax them. Delaware now allows businesses to place their records on them. Several countries are looking at moving their national currencies to them. They're not going away. It's just a question of which ledgers the free market will embrace and which will be left behind.

6 hours ago, Johnboy#1 said:

Or perhaps put in a few (2-3) links so research can be done at our own speed?

I think it's a bit more involved than that, and the right links depend on what it is you want to learn about. What is it you'd like to learn? How cryptocurrency works? How to use a specific currency (if so, which)?

TOB now only accepts bitcoin for payment. I will admit that I’m a bit flustered. Every time before when I’ve tried to buy bitcoin it always ended in frustration. How do you use it? And how do you feel about the change? 

Getting cash.app's bitcoin set up seems to be the easiest method i've seen compared to a lot of third party systems.  Just always remember, bitcoin isn't fast.  Transactions like buying, selling, or transferring can take up to an hour.  And the first time you go to set all this up, you're going to have to do that whole crappy verify ID thing, all because people really seem to love the government having their control over every single thing anyone can ever do.

8 minutes ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Getting cash.app's bitcoin set up seems to be the easiest method i've seen compared to a lot of third party systems.  Just always remember, bitcoin isn't fast.  Transactions like buying, selling, or transferring can take up to an hour.  And the first time you go to set all this up, you're going to have to do that whole crappy verify ID thing, all because people really seem to love the government having their control over every single thing anyone can ever do.

So this is the thing. Did no provider tell Administrators that Cashapp

DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS BUSINESS

TNA was Telling everyone go thru Cashapp. Now they have to change the address everyday because cashapp blocks them. They do not want us transferring to Sites Like this.  So FYI it might be smart to transfer to another account then here after purchasing from cash app because Eventually they will block us.

I can help anyone who is confused. I will be in town today...

I am a bit frustrated about this also.

Looks like I am going to be watching some YouTube tutorials on how to have different bitcoin wallets and how to use them.

Agreed on the frustration of this change. Why only 3 days notice of this change, or did I miss an earlier notice? I wish they would keep the Visa/MasterCard option in addition to the bitcoin. I don’t see why they have to do away with it entirely. 

5 hours ago, Layne Jane said:

... I wish they would keep the Visa/MasterCard option in addition to the bitcoin. I don’t see why they have to do away with it entirely. 

Just a guess, but .. 

Did someone out them to the CC companies, who now refuse to do business with the board owners?  Have the CC companies frozen their account?  That’s what PayPal does for ‘adult’ businesses.

Edited by Bit Banger

4 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Just a guess, but .. 

Did someone out them to the CC companies, who now refuse to do business with the board owners?  Have the CC companies frozen their account?  That’s what PayPal does for ‘adult’ businesses.

That is a damn good point.

TOB is transitioning to bitcoin only as of July 29th. I use coinbase for bitcoin, but it can be very frustrating sometimes, and some banks do not even allow you to purchase cryptocurrency! I hope that TOB has their bitcoin checkout process streamlined...

I realize that Bitcoin is an anonymous way to make payments. As mentioned previously, I hope nobody outed TOB to the credit card companies.

With the volatility of the market for Bitcoin (value fluctuates up and down a lot from what I read), I would think that switching to Bitcoin only for payment for listings is a little curious. 

It looks to me that one (1) Bitcoin today costs over $10,300.00.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

I realize that Bitcoin is an anonymous way to make payments. As mentioned previously, I hope nobody outed TOB to the credit card companies.

With the volatility of the market for Bitcoin (value fluctuates up and down a lot from what I read), I would think that switching to Bitcoin only for payment for listings is a little curious. 

It looks to me that one (1) Bitcoin today costs over $10,300.00.

Unrelated to TOB; you don’t have to buy an entire coin. You can own a fraction of a fraction. 

8 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

Unrelated to TOB; you don’t have to buy an entire coin. You can own a fraction of a fraction. 

I knew you could buy a fraction of a fraction of a bitcoin.  More of my point was the volatility of the value of bitcoin.

I thank you though for pointing that out for those who weren’t aware of that fact.

On 7/26/2020 at 5:30 PM, Bit Banger said:

Just a guess, but .. 

I have no idea if this is the case but it could be, and just like when providers get their accounts shut down with no notice, so could TOB.  If that's what happened, then thank you to the admins for again adapting and keeping us up and running.  

That being said, I have some learnting to do with this Bitcoin situation! I lost half my money during the exchanges when I advertised on BP.  Luckily I have some friends who love bitcoin to help me along this time.  I hope to have it figured out by this weekend. 

Life goes on...😋