ilovewomen

Fireworks

12 posts in this topic

My neighborhood had been fairly quiet all week with the normal amount of pre 4th fireworks going off.

Last night all that changed. It sounded like a war zone for about 4 hours.

This year it was extra heavy and loud with explosions.

I’m guessing everyone was tired of being cooped up the past few months.

I hope everyone had a safe 4th of July.

I'm hearing the same from a bunch of friends on social media. However my neighborhood in Colorado Springs was pretty darn quiet. A few pops. Maybe I am wrong and I was too drunk to notice!

I watched a bit of the local news at 10pm (I forget if it was channel 4, 7, or 9). They showed a helicopter view of the city. There were literally hundreds of flying fireworks going off at that time.

Clearly, people took fireworks as a personal responsibility! LOL!

Unfortunately:

" South Metro Fire Rescue said that from the early hours of July 4 into the morning of July 5, their crews responded to: eight brush fires, six outside fires, five illegal burns, four smoke investigations outside, four Dumpster fires, one garage fire and one house fire. " (from 9news)

I've been hearing it for days.  I hope everyone had a good time. This year has been crazy and we all can use a little fun, actually a lot of fun! 😍🎆🍻

I’m not complaining because I know everyone has a ton of steam to blow off right now.

31 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I’m not complaining because I know everyone has a ton of steam to blow off right now.

A fantastic amount a fireworks in my neighborhood from all sides this morning the smell still lingers in the air reminds me of a day in 68 that I would just as soon forget

I still remember my first 4th back in The World (‘71).  I found myself under the table more than once. 😦

12 hours ago, fork said:

I'm hearing the same from a bunch of friends on social media. However my neighborhood in Colorado Springs was pretty darn quiet. A few pops. Maybe I am wrong and I was too drunk to notice!

In OCC it was pretty crazy and went on for hours.  Some have even set off mortars tonight...

20 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

My neighborhood had been fairly quiet all week with the normal amount of pre 4th fireworks going off.

Last night all that changed. It sounded like a war zone for about 4 hours.

This year it was extra heavy and loud with explosions.

I’m guessing everyone was tired of being cooped up the past few months.

I hope everyone had a safe 4th of July.

At precisely 9 PM every night for the last couple of weeks, some fireworks went off in my neighborhood.On the 4th of July,there were so many going off that it did feel like a war zone. In a 4 plex a few houses north,a loud party was going on and they were setting off every firework imaginable...and they were right across the street from a police station ! They continued having a good time while the rest of us tried to sleep.Nice they were blowing off steam...but a bit of consideration would have been appreciated. On the 5th,while going down the alley,I saw passed out bodies snoring away,lots of empty beer cans and a scorched trash bin.Obviously too good of a time was had by all.

Geeze,now I sound like an old fart.

On 7/5/2020 at 6:46 AM, fork said:

I missed the Colorado Fireworks this year. Commercial or privet. The boys trip to Alaska for fishing landed at that time.  It’s light out until 12:30am and some people light it up. 

It's been really quiet in my neighborhood, but we're in the trees right on the edge of the evacuation zone for the Black Forest fire. So, needless to say, most of us haven't really been inclined to play with explosives since then.