Amber Allure

Already July? Damn

31 posts in this topic

I cannot believe it's already July. What are some of your favorite things that you will be missing out on because of the COVID thing going around? 

Mine is/was -- having to cancel my San Fransico trip, going out to eat and people watching, and concerts. I am actually kind of grateful I didn't buy concert tickets. Hoping that I can live out a few concert dreams next year. *Fingers crossed* 

Red Rocks concerts, vacation (I was hoping for somewhere like Cancun), family dinners, eating out with friends, and on and on. Sometimes it sucks being single (and sometimes it's great). :)

Edited by pfunk
spelling

Had to cancel our trip to Mexico. We go every year for a couple of weeks. But not this year. 

A nephew just tested positive for Covid, so no 4th of July family cookout. Getting tired of watching movies on Netflix and Amazon. Just not the same experience.

And hard to believe, but I miss going into the office. (well - not that much)

19 minutes ago, SixtiesDude said:

Not that hard to believe.  I had the same feeling when I retired.  Remember, almost 25% of your weekly life revolves around work and the people associated with it.

13 hours ago, SixtiesDude said:

Had to cancel our trip to Mexico. We go every year for a couple of weeks. But not this year. 

A nephew just tested positive for Covid, so no 4th of July family cookout. Getting tired of watching movies on Netflix and Amazon. Just not the same experience.

Definitely hoping I can do a Mexico trip next year. I've never been! 

Cruise to Russia, Germany etc was cancelled in June.  Also had concert tickets to The Eagles and Celine Dion that were cancelled.  Did get to spend 3 days in Rocky Mountain National Park, enjoying the natural wonders.  

i miss living the way i used to - i got very comfortable with my life and how i lived it - now so much of it is out of my control and its just different having to fit into this world's new normal...

plus a bit saddened and frustrated that i honestly thought we would be over the hump by now and looking ahead to the holidays for possible round two - how naive i was - this second wave and all these people getting sick is disheartening...

Just now, hornyoldtoad said:

i miss living the way i used to - i got very comfortable with my life and how i lived it - now so much of it is out of my control and its just different having to fit into this world's new normal...

plus a bit saddened and frustrated that i honestly thought we would be over the hump by now and looking ahead to the holidays for possible round two - how naive i was - this second wave and all these people getting sick is disheartening...

I relate to this so much. It's crazy to think the things I took advantage of before all this. 

I too was going to the Bay Area in April and Charlotte last month.  The only other thing I really miss is being social around close friends at bars and restaurants, or even on my back deck.

Live music, both listening and playing.  All the gigs have gone away or put on hold.  Miss seeing my friends, face to face, rather than on Zoom.  

On 6/30/2020 at 9:23 PM, Bit Banger said:

Not that hard to believe.  I had the same feeling when I retired.  Remember, almost 25% of your weekly life revolves around work and the people associated with it.

ONLY 25%??

Damn that's what I'm doing wrong, mine is closer to 40%...

But I miss going to Blackhawk, Rockies games and the simplicity of meeting up with friends for a drink.

Thank you for the ladies who have kept your doors open, don't know what might have happened if that was taken away as well...

2 hours ago, johnnybgood said:

ONLY 25%??

Damn that's what I'm doing wrong, mine is closer to 40%.

7x24 = 168

When I was working for the family business at 70-80 hrs/wk got me to not quite 50%.  I had no life🥴

After my wife’s first illnes, I cut back to 30/wk, or about 18%.

4 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

7x24 = 168

When I was working for the family business at 70-80 hrs/wk got me to not quite 50%.  I had no life🥴

After my wife’s first illnes, I cut back to 30/wk, or about 18%.

I know the pain, covid has my work needing 30 hours in everyday, I turn down more OT than I work but I still see plenty...

I can't complain because it's given me more funds to see the ladies as I like and I know plenty of people who still can't work yet.

On 6/30/2020 at 2:28 PM, Amber Allure said:

I cannot believe it's already July. What are some of your favorite things that you will be missing out on because of the COVID thing going around? 

EVERYTHING !  All of the concerts,festivals,cruises,conventions,I was to attend , and industry work has been canceled..up to and including January. (So much for hiring arm candy ).   Had work scheduled to remodel my studio and it has really fallen behind .

Of course the absolute worst has been that the cemetery STILL doesn't allow funerals because of crowd gathering rules.So we still haven't had one for mom.

3 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

EVERYTHING !  All of the concerts,festivals,cruises,conventions,I was to attend , and industry work has been canceled..up to and including January. (So much for hiring arm candy ).   Had work scheduled to remodel my studio and it has really fallen behind .

Of course the absolute worst has been that the cemetery STILL doesn't allow funerals because of crowd gathering rules.So we still haven't had one for mom.

But hey, you can still go protest to your heart's desire though!...

5 minutes ago, johnnybgood said:

But hey, you can still go protest to your heart's desire though!...

Rather stay home. Will bet that they are in the next wave.

3 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Rather stay home. Will bet that they are in the next wave.

Yep! Fitting, but not enough.  They’re young & healthy.  Wait until the go visits their folks. 🥴

Edited by Bit Banger

10 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

???? That's odd because we have a funeral for my uncle scheduled for next saturday..... had a vigil last weekend before he was cremated but that was only allowed 10 people to attend... the funeral  is expecting at least somewhere  around 30...

Mine is/was -- having to cancel my San Fransico trip, going out to eat and people watching, and concerts. I am actually kind of grateful I didn't buy concert tickets. Hoping that I can live out a few concert dreams next year. *Fingers crossed* 

Soooooo many things missed out on this year... nuggets games, all the different festivals and outdoor events, vacations canceled.... no renaissance festival, taste of Colorado, denver pop culture con (formerly comic con). Going out to breakfast/brunch every Saturday morning with my mom and uncle... this list can just keep going on and keeps growing

Hi!

I'm missing my pool parties ok July with my friends :(

On 7/3/2020 at 3:12 PM, Strange_Ice said:

???? That's odd because we have a funeral for my uncle scheduled for next saturday..... had a vigil last weekend before he was cremated but that was only allowed 10 people to attend... the funeral  is expecting at least somewhere  around 30...

Must be a different cemetery.  My grandmother had her birthday July 3.She lives in Illinois and her senior center is in lock down,no one can leave. Obviously she wants to come to Denver for her daughters services.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:14 AM, Bit Banger said:

Yep! Fitting, but not enough.  They’re young & healthy.  Wait until the go visits their folks. 🥴

The spike in Boulder was of college students. The young also accounted for the huge spike in Florida.

It’s definitely difficult to shore up that it’s July. My sis and I are calling it The Summer that Wasn’t. I too miss outdoor festivals and community gatherings. I was hoping for a history vaca back East. Oh well... it will be there when we get to it. I am however grateful to be well, and have those around me well. 

Missing my annual trip to Bora Bora because of the pandemic.

As opposed to every other year when I don't go because I can't afford it. 

20 minutes ago, whosyourdaty said:

Missing my annual trip to Bora Bora because of the pandemic.

As opposed to every other year when I don't go because I can't afford it. 

😁😱🤬🤗

Edited by Bit Banger

I hope July uses lube.

On 7/5/2020 at 3:40 PM, Audrey Astor said:

.... I was hoping for a history vaca back East. Oh well... it will be there when we get to it. 

Maybe 🥴

Previous year all the holidays were odd feeling. So, This year it has been so important to get with family and make them all memorable!  I am going to  hike in the in the morning with my mom. She is incredible! 85 and still trucking like it is nothing. Then we are going to go see my daughter and The grandbabies!  I hope you all enjoy your 4th of July! Hard to believe we are halfway through 21’ !