Rose Mastos

Chivalry is not dead

9 posts in this topic

What's the nicest thing a client has ever done for you?

I was driving home late at night when I got a flat tire warning in my car. I pulled off into a neighborhood and discovered I didn't have a jack. Oops. (Since has been corrected) I called my insurance to get a tow truck to help me since I pay for the service, but apparently midnight is really late and they couldn't find someone. 

Out of the blue... a client whom I'd seen before sent me a text.
"Hi Rose, I've been in the mountains no phone service, just got back. I apologize for the late message,  I couldn't wait, I hope your well and all is good."

Well, I told him it was fine to message me since I was sitting in my car waiting for a tow truck. He wouldn't take no for an answer and asked where I was. I was in the middle of nowhere and not near him, but he came out and helped me get home. I dropped my car off at the shop, which was closed, and he drove me home. I couldn't stop thanking him.

A couple of days later we exchanged texts, told him a heavily discount would be in order, he thanked me, .  "If I took the discount then my chivalry wouldn't mean anything."

Well, this TOB client, made an impression on me. Chivalry is not dead.

I think the majority of us guys here like to help out our lady friends in the time of need without the expectation of anything in return.

always nice to read these posts - thank you for sharing - chivalry is certainly not dead and let's hope that posts like this inspire people to pay it forward more often - the world needs it:)

Thanks for the reminder that good guys can be remembered! :)

4 hours ago, Rose Mastos said:

I dropped my car off at the shop, which was closed, and he drove me home. I couldn't stop blowing him.

fixed it for ya.:lol:

Btw, I have a stack of King Soopers Gift Cards sitting on my desk. Interested?;)

On 6/3/2020 at 8:02 AM, Rose Mastos said:

What's the nicest thing a client has ever done for you?

I was driving home late at night when I got a flat tire warning in my car. I pulled off into a neighborhood and discovered I didn't have a jack. Oops. (Since has been corrected) I called my insurance to get a tow truck to help me since I pay for the service, but apparently midnight is really late and they couldn't find someone. 

Out of the blue... a client whom I'd seen before sent me a text.
"Hi Rose, I've been in the mountains no phone service, just got back. I apologize for the late message,  I couldn't wait, I hope your well and all is good."

Well, I told him it was fine to message me since I was sitting in my car waiting for a tow truck. He wouldn't take no for an answer and asked where I was. I was in the middle of nowhere and not near him, but he came out and helped me get home. I dropped my car off at the shop, which was closed, and he drove me home. I couldn't stop thanking him.

A couple of days later we exchanged texts, told him a heavily discount would be in order, he thanked me, .  "If I took the discount then my chivalry wouldn't mean anything."

Well, this TOB client, made an impression on me. Chivalry is not dead.

That's a great story! Thanks for sharing it!

On 6/3/2020 at 0:05 PM, 2Big said:

fixed it for ya.:lol:

Btw, I have a stack of King Soopers Gift Cards sitting on my desk. Interested?;)

Yup I'll take them.

Thanks in advance! You are so kind, I appreciate it indeed!

On 6/3/2020 at 8:42 AM, ilovewomen said:

I think the majority of us guys here like to help out our lady friends in the time of need without the expectation of anything in return.

I like to help strangers too, sometimes.