gb0138

Covid-19 (2019 novel coronavirus)

145 posts in this topic

Is anyone here taking precautions? Not seeing traveling providers/clients, Screening for colds or coughs, not seeing any ladies for now, etc?  Is this going to affect the sex economy?

I'm thinking it's time to start sitting the hobby out for a while. I'm sure I'd be fine, but my sick and elderly mom lives with me. If I brought something home to her, I'd be devastated!

I bet most of the ladies are using better hygiene methods than a lot of the guys.

Frankly, I would feel safer seeing most of the ladies as opposed to sitting down for a drink with one of the guys.

On 3/4/2020 at 4:22 PM, hornyoldtoad said:

i could be wrong. 

but.

the percentage is expressed as the fraction deaths over the total cases.  To get apples to apples you would really need to see the number of deaths the flu caused in its first year expressed as a fraction over the same number of current corona virus cases recorded over the same initial time frame...

i think flu death rates in the early 1900s was about 2%.  and i believe the corana virus is currently about 1.4%

so many more flu cases recorded each year makes the percentage smaller even though the actual number of fatalities is so much higher and truthfully more telling...

i'd be willing to bet an hour with your ATF that you will never see 360,000 deaths in a corona virus season...

but.

i could be wrong.

You know you for sure have the bird flu, when you have the uncontrollable urge to shit on peoples windshields.

On 2/27/2020 at 7:35 PM, NolaScofflaw said:

Don't sell and it won't matter, unless you're one of our perverted grandpas.  In that case, RIP your portfolio, maybe.

Damn!!! I know some pretty healthy GPa’s that can dance circles around many young men!   I don’t buy the age factor at all! considering how many healthy seniors I personally know. 

9 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Damn!!! I know some pretty healthy GPa’s that can dance circles around many young men!   I don’t buy the age factor at all! considering how many healthy seniors I personally know. 

Thanks sweetheart. I can use that today.

This guy seems to be in a great hurry to make an enemy of us all.

41 minutes ago, Old_Timer said:

Thanks sweetheart. I can use that today.

This guy seems to be in a great hurry to make an enemy of us all.

Proud  of you! Old Timer!!!
 I know a hockey player who is in his 70’s yes!  I know men who  can dance around us all and even  one on ice  with skates!
What the fuck does elderly mean?! 

On 2/27/2020 at 2:56 PM, gb0138 said:

Lot’s of ways to die. Just another one for the mix. :)

Might as well have  smile on your face :)! lol. I understand your concern. I'm sure most on here are taking extra precautions to keep this a fun and relaxing exxxperience! Have a good one!

On 3/5/2020 at 9:30 PM, Bit Banger said:

Have you looked at American Cruise Line.  They’re a bit pricey, but they’re a smaller shop and service is great w/shore excursions included.  Mississippi River, Columbia River, both E & W coast island chains.  Lots of options.

CDC | COVID-19 and Cruise Ship Travel

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Timing is everything.

What a difference a week makes!

No kidding. We went from a “democrat hoax” to “we’re suspending all international inbound flights” in about 4 days. 

Watching everything unfold has been incredibly interesting! 

Do you have a nice list of movies you’re catching up on? 

18 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

Do you have a nice list of movies you’re catching up on? 

No, I’m spending time in my woodshop and prepping for an exam in the online guitar class I’m taking.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:03 AM, Elle Blake said:

Just remember before you start having so much fun popping that bubble wrap...  Remember, the air in it, is from China!!!😳😂

:D

I just saw the Socs and the Greasers outside fighting over a wad of Charmin. It really just looked like Canadians slapping each other. How disappointing.

On 3/8/2020 at 0:00 PM, SultryKitten said:

I was being a smartass with this meme. People need to quit worrying and freaking out over a virus that has been around before. Some people need to quit following the media masses so much, and get out for some fresh air.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Totally agree girl! 

I’m on day 10 of symptoms, finally got a test... but it took A LOT to be able to get one. 
It’s not too bad.  Worst illness I’ve had to date, but luckily for me, completely manageable at home.  

On 3/8/2020 at 1:03 PM, gr8owl said:

That is just it.  This particular strain has NOT been around before.  The general family of corona virus has been identified and known since the 1960's.  Numerous "colds" and "flu" have in reality been from relatively harmless corona virus strains and were misdiagnosed as cold or flu.  Then mutations occur (frequent and common in viruses!!) resulting in not so harmless strains.  Remember SARS and MERS?  Both were very aggressively attacked to stop their spread.  SARS had a death to case rate of over 10 percent.  MERS was far worse.  Both were corona viruses. This new strain is a very close relative and most nearly resembles SARS when compared to other coronas.  COVID 19 is NOT the fucking common cold no matter what Rush and the boys are trying to tell everyone.  Meanwhile the guy in the White House who has never seen a science paper or national security service assessment that he believes is only concerned about preserving his main re-election point - the economy (which is a totally false narrative to begin with!!).  So he marches out Ben Carson, md and lunatic in charge of a federal department, this morning to basically say don't worry be happy, sure some old farts with underlying conditions will die, but so what.  Plan for cruise ship docking on west coast tomorrow (quarantine, don't quarantine, keep on ship, allow off, etc.) ....... uh, we haven't formulated one yet!!! Once they do I am sure the plan will be "beautiful and perfect."  And his scapegoat in chief Pence can scarcely get a statement out of his mouth before some other admin luminary contradicts him.  Situation normal ...... deny, divert, lie, and confuse.  Wave flags and red caps and brag of all the things done for "us" that are just falsehoods.  A very, very sad time in which we live.  And yes, the far left are just as bad or worse.  If you all vote for either ................. aw, hell, never mind,  why change now with such sterling results???

This post is nothing but flummery.  Please everyone,  rather than spread misinformation abut this virus, get your facts from the CDC or Johns Hopkins University,  The CDC site is constantly u[dated and they have links to other reputable sites.  JHU worldwide statistics and news that is trustworthy because they have affiliations with hospitals, clinics and universities all over the world.  I also urge everyone while they are sitting at home to  read about the Spanish Flu of 1918 thru early 1920.  While times are certainly different today, there are some parallels.  Then was wartime without the communication we have today.  My grandmother was a nurse during that pandemic and  I still remember some of her stories about people being brought to the hospital and dying within hours. 

4 hours ago, oldguysrule45 said:

This post is nothing but flummery.  Please everyone,  rather than spread misinformation abut this virus, get your facts from the CDC or Johns Hopkins University,  The CDC site is constantly u[dated and they have links to other reputable sites.  JHU worldwide statistics and news that is trustworthy because they have affiliations with hospitals, clinics and universities all over the world.  I also urge everyone while they are sitting at home to  read about the Spanish Flu of 1918 thru early 1920.  While times are certainly different today, there are some parallels.  Then was wartime without the communication we have today.  My grandmother was a nurse during that pandemic and  I still remember some of her stories about people being brought to the hospital and dying within hours. 

Do you even know what flummery is?  What is your point?  What exactly that I said is in any way in conflict with CDC and WHO information, or is in your opinion, incorrect?  The Spanish Flu is a very interesting historic event but has little to do with COVID-19 and our current challenges - completely different viruses, completely different medical capabilities, and the biggest factor today the open free and common world wide travel and hugely increased modes of an epidemic spreading rapidly.

Please remember extreme shortness of breath is often brought on by anxiety. 

we should be more concerned about heart disease and other illnesses.  

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

James Dyson designed a new ventilator in 10 days. He's making 15,000 for the pandemic fight

Friday March 27, 2020.  Dyson has received an order from the UK government for 10,000 ventilators to support efforts by the country's National Health Service to treat COViD 19 patients.

The next questions are:

- How well these new medical device (Ford, Tesla, Dyson, ...) manufacturers navigate the approval process?

- Can the regulatory agencies (FDA, etc) manage a process that doesn’t take years for approval?

You just know that there’s a lawsuit waiting to happen (supporting late night TV) when someone fails to cross an I or dot a T.

4 hours ago, Kaduk said:

James Dyson designed a new ventilator in 10 days. He's making 15,000 for the pandemic fight

Friday March 27, 2020.  Dyson has received an order from the UK government for 10,000 ventilators to support efforts by the country's National Health Service to treat COViD 19 patients.

Hopefully Dyson doesn't price the ventilators using the same method he uses for his vacuum cleaners and hair styling wands. 

His hair wands are are $500.00...for something that uses air to style hair.

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

The next questions are:

- How well these new medical device (Ford, Tesla, Dyson, ...) manufacturers navigate the approval process?

- Can the regulatory agencies (FDA, etc) manage a process that doesn’t take years for approval?

You just know that there’s a lawsuit waiting to happen (supporting late night TV) when someone fails to cross an I or dot a T.

Yes. https://www.medtechdive.com/news/coronavirus-fda-relaxes-rules-on-ventilator-manufacturers/574648/

5 hours ago, Kaduk said:

This presentation is the best I've seen during this crisis. The questions were great but the answers were better. Dr. Fauci is most impressive. Like a true  scientist in each answer, he never overstates his position, but is careful to present only what we know, and is clear on what we don't know.The

Thanks Kaduk. Why not repost to be sticky, on top?. Every visitor to TOB should view the entire 13 minutes clip. Most people's questions about COVID-19 are answered with timely factuality in this interview.

On 3/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, Old_Timer said:

This presentation is the best I've seen during this crisis. The questions were great but the answers were better. Dr. Fauci is most impressive. Like a true  scientist in each answer, he never overstates his position, but is careful to present only what we know, and is clear on what we don't know.The

Thanks Kaduk. Why not repost to be sticky, on top?. Every visitor to TOB should view the entire 13 minutes clip. Most people's questions about COVID-19 are answered with timely factuality in this interview.

Has now been include in the sticky note.......

Please Read some good helpful info about how it lives and what kills it !

https://www.opednews.com/articles/Tips-for-Avoiding-Coronavi-by-Meryl-Ann-Butler-Corona-Virus-Coronavirus-Covid-19_Johns-Hopkins_Physicians-Response-To-Coronavirus_Soap-200329-113.html

• The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
  • Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
  • The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
  • HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
  • Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
  • Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
  • Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.
  • NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.
  • NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
  • The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
  • UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.
  • The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
  • Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
  • NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
  • LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.
  • The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
  • This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
  • You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.
  • Also keep your NAILS SHORT 

Edited by lustybustygina

On 3/29/2020 at 9:22 PM, lustybustygina said:

• Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
  • Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
  • Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

EPA Expands COVID-19 Disinfectant List 03/13/2020... While disinfectant products on this list have not been tested specifically against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19, they are expected to be effective against SARS-CoV-2 because they have been tested and proven effective on either a harder-to-kill virus or against another human corona-virus similar to SARS-CoV-2.

To view the list of EPA-registered disinfectant products, visit https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2

Long story short Clorox bleach is EPA Registration Number: 5813-114 .

Mixing Bleach with Other Cleaners cleaning-mistakes-to-avoid

"It may seem like it would only help the fight against bacteria and germs, but mixing bleach with other cleaners can cause serious problems. The Association of Residential Cleaning Services, International (ARCSI) says bleach should never be mixed with the following:"

• Vinegar: When bleach and vinegar are mixed together, the combination creates chlorine gas which can cause eye irritation and breathing problems.
  • Ammonia: Bleach mixed with ammonia creates chloramine, a gas which is similar to chlorine gas. Additional symptoms from exposure to chloramine are shortness of breath and chest pain.
  • Pine-Sol: If you mix bleach and Pine-Sol in large amounts, it will create chlorine gas.