Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ladethy

Stanley Kubrick

8 posts in this topic

Well, I think most of us bluffers know some of the most famous filmmakers, so many of us enjoy the phrases of Stanley Kubrick, and I consider him to be the most influential filmmaker of the 21st century, so it would be good to discuss him a little bit, don't you think?

He had some incredible films like "Dr. Strangelove", "A Clockwork Orange", "Lolita", "2001 A Space Odyssey" that set a high bar for others to reach for.  He also had some flops.  But he was a visionary in cinema.  He will be remembered many years from now as a huge influence in the film biz.

If you haven't seen A Clockwork Orange, you need to see it.

I saw it when it first came out many years ago.

It is a movie you will not forget.

On 2/21/2020 at 7:28 AM, Ladethy said:

Well, I think most of us bluffers know some of the most famous filmmakers, so many of us enjoy the phrases of Stanley Kubrick, and I consider him to be the most influential filmmaker of the 21st century, so it would be good to discuss him a little bit, don't you think?

Most influential filmmaker of the 21st Century ??   There were so many great filmakers that its very debatable to hang that title on just one. That said,saw his "A Clockwork Orange"  on the big screen on its first release (dressed up that Halloween as the Malcolm McDowell character ). Loved "2001:A Space Odyssey." But,as others noted,he did have some flops.

8 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

" But,as others noted,he did have some flops.

I think they make a pill for that.

I agree he is one of the best Directors of all time.  He has made some of my favorite movies.  My top four would be Dr. Strange love,  2001, Full Metal Jacket and Clockwork Orange.  Not only was he great Director,  he made huge variety of movies science fiction, horror, drama and comedy. 

5 hours ago, Kaduk said:

I think they make a pill for that.

While watching his bad movies,kinda wished I had a pill to keep me awake.

On 2/21/2020 at 7:28 AM, Ladethy said:

Well, I think most of us bluffers know some of the most famous filmmakers, so many of us enjoy the phrases of Stanley Kubrick, and I consider him to be the most influential filmmaker of the 21st century,.

Actually, the late Gerard Damiano is a much more influential filmmaker than Stanley Kubrick. Starting in 1969 and going on to his last film in 1991 ,he made history with several releases.(1972 was his best year )

Edited by JRWolfe
adding facts