Mustang87

I'm back "kinda"

21 posts in this topic

Sorry about the bad news Mustang. As you say, it may be "quite sometime" before you start feeling better about things but Time really does help heal.

Good luck and stay strong.

I adore you sweet man and you have a compassionate community beside you!

Take one step at a time and at moments one breath at a time.  

You will find yourself again...

Much love 🙏

Tough times go away.

Tough people don’t.

Keep moving forward.

I wish the best..........

even if I don’t know you.

Godspeed.

We don't know the circumstances surrounding your source of grief and we don't need to know.

But know this.

We are a community here.  All of us. And we all will help support you in your time of need.

I wish you well and hope things improve for you soon.

If you ever want to reach out and just chat or vent about anything and I mean anything, please PM me.  I have been told I am a great listener and sometimes that is all you need.

2 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

I've been away for awhile because something very bad happened in my life.... I'm not myself, and don't think I will be for quite sometime, but I'm trying to at least act like my self.  If you see me in here, don't hesitate to say hello.

Mustang, good to see you. Bad things do happen to good people -- there's even a book by that name.  Best of Luck on your reintegration of self.

Yes!  This is a VERY supportive community.  When I lost my wife, this group of people (even the nominal trolls) helped keep the walls from closing in.  It’s slow process, but that light at the end of the tunnel is not a locomotive. I remember a time when my long term goal was to see the sun shine tomorrow.

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

We don't know the circumstances surrounding your source of grief and we don't need to know.

But know this.

We are a community here.  All of us. And we all will help support you in your time of need.

I wish you well and hope things improve for you soon.

If you ever want to reach out and just chat or vent about anything and I mean anything, please PM me.  I have been told I am a great listener and sometimes that is all you need.

I feel the same way. Please, ask for help, or an ear to bend, if needed. We all want you to feel better! ;)

Welcome back, Mustang87.  You have very definitely been missed.  I am sorry life threw something very bad at you.  I wish you well and a speedy recovery to perhaps a new normal.. If there is any way to help, please let me know.

You have truly been missed sweetheart. I'm sorry for whatever you are going through. My phone and my inbox are always open if you need anything at all. I wish I could give you a big hug of comfort. Sending love to you. 

17 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

I've been away for awhile because something very bad happened in my life.  In fact, I've been "away" in most aspects of my life.  I've been told in numerous grief & guilt counseling session that trying to get your like back to normal, ever if you have to "act" normal, is important. The hobby and this board were parts of my life before this happened so I think its important to try and get back and engaged a little bit in here. I'm not myself, and don't think I will be for quite sometime, but I'm trying to at least act like my self.  If you see me in here, don't hesitate to say hello.

Glad to see you back and sorry that something bad happened.  Grief, guilt, loss and remorse are strong emotions and have been felt by many of us.  Some due to our actions (or inactions) and some due to things that have happened to us.  Things like this take time (and sometimes professional counseling) to move through.  I appreciate your willingness to share feelings that can make people feel vulnerable.  This is a supportive community.  You will come out the other side having learned a lot about yourself.  Whatever you do, treat yourself well, with kindness and self compassion.  Blame, shame and guilt don't heal us...they keep us stuck.

Take care, and again, thanks.

It takes guts to deal with grief the way it sounds like you have...glad to see you back here!

On 2/17/2020 at 11:47 AM, Mustang87 said:

I've been away for awhile because something very bad happened in my life.  In fact, I've been "away" in most aspects of my life.  I've been told in numerous grief & guilt counseling session that trying to get your like back to normal, ever if you have to "act" normal, is important. The hobby and this board were parts of my life before this happened so I think its important to try and get back and engaged a little bit in here. I'm not myself, and don't think I will be for quite sometime, but I'm trying to at least act like my self.  If you see me in here, don't hesitate to say hello.

Hey Bud,

I've been though a lot of loss in my life.

Friends...Family.... Dad's, and the such.

Luckily my Mom is still around to give me the grief I so much deserve!

The point of my dumb ass rant is this:

ALL of us on here count you as a dear friend..Please NEVER EVER think you are alone in this big ass STUPID world.

We all appreciate you and love to hear you thoughts and your rants (very seldom compared to me)We care for you and want nothing more for you to be happy and healthy!

What are friends for after all?? I for one am pulling for you. Please get back to your old self and most of all, you're "happy self" Life is too short anyway you slice it .

Happy is the way to go!

Love this community and all the genuine compassion and support!

There are many here both male and female that will give you support during some very hard times. I speak from previous experience.

On 2/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, Bit Banger said:

Yes!  This is a VERY supportive community.  When I lost my wife, this group of people (even the nominal trolls) helped keep the walls from closing in.  It’s slow process, but that light at the end of the tunnel is not a locomotive. I remember a time when my long term goal was to see the sun shine tomorrow.

I have found this to be very true.  Thank you so much. You know who you are. :)

Although I don't know your circumstances that is not relevant.  I also have gone through a very bad time in the past.  No words will ever express the things that are in your heart.  Just know that it is impt.  to keep going even though it is hard.  Yes this is a community and that does help somewhat.  just be true to yourself and keep living.  there will be good times that come along so savor them.