ilovewomen

Snow

49 posts in this topic

Okay everyone.  How do y’all feel about all the snow we have received since the first of the month.

Don’t hold back.

This has been an unusual winter so far compared to the past few years.

Reminds of winters when I was a kid growing up here and the snow would be up to knees🤣🤣

I have traveled near and far and been in Fargo and Buffalo in the winter and snow is piled 6’-8’ high along side the roads.

38 minutes ago, Seeker5280 said:

We are making up for a very light January snow total.

Just wait until March.

2 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Okay everyone.  How do y’all feel about all the snow we have received since the first of the month.

Don’t hold back.

Reminds of winters when I was a kid growing up here and the snow would be up to knees🤣🤣

I have traveled near and far and been in Fargo and Buffalo in the winter and snow is piled 6’-8’ high along side the roads.

you've been hanging around with me too much😂😂

I love the snow so bring it on!!

2 minutes ago, Laci French said:

you've been hanging around with me too much😂😂

I love the snow so bring it on!!

We need to make snow angels

1 minute ago, Kaduk said:

QpJsOuPW__4HjFREEqWr-WpFCpxnUNvAc5Wdd-cC

😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, ilovewomen said:

We need to make snow angels

Right after you shovel the drive and clear a spot for me to feed my squirrels.😘

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Don’t hold back.

Being a military brat we moved to many places in my youth where the snowfall was sparse. Moved to Colorado in the late 60’s, it was quite the culture shock to have to shovel out the driveway with the drifts and piles of snow that I shoveled ended up being taller than I was standing straight up. In those days the amount of snow that fell around here was much greater than what people complain about now.

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Don’t hold back.

ILW, since I recently had hip surgery the snow has not bothered me a bit except for trying to arrange and get to incalls.  Hopefully only a few more weeks.  Enjoy the moisture everyone.

7 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I could never live in either town. Same with New England. 2 inches of snow every other week (Sept to Mar) would be plenty for me! ;)

9 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Don’t hold back.

Makes me BUMMED not to be in Pasadena,CA !

We need it so bring it on!

I love early morning walks in the snow with my dog....peaceful. 😁

17 hours ago, Laci French said:

Right after you shovel the drive and clear a spot for me to feed my squirrels.😘

Should I bring the peanuts for the squirrels too?

I don’t mind (it is Colorado). I could use a snow shoveling husband or roomie though. My driveway is HUGE.

I agree, this reminds me much more of the winters here growing up.  This is great.  I would rather have this than one huge blizzard, although that's certainly still possible in the spring. 

9 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Should I bring the peanuts for the squirrels too?

Peanut butter topped with walnuts

3 hours ago, DenverNative91 said:

I agree, this reminds me much more of the winters here growing up.  This is great.  I would rather have this than one huge blizzard, although that's certainly still possible in the spring. 

Christmas of ‘82 blizzard, couldn’t dig my car out to drive to work because the snow was falling so fast. They had to get someone with a 4x4 to pick me up to get to work. I was trapped at work for 3 days because they couldn’t get in anyone to replace us. Denver mayor lost his re-election because the snow removal was so bad. 

I managed to stock up on food just before the blizzard hit. In those days, we only had the choice of King Soopers, Safeway, and Albertson’s as supermarkets. Store shelves were empty because no suppliers could get into Denver. So in the days to come, anytime a Winter Storm was forecast, people were getting into fist fights over loaves of bread. Ahh yes, the good ol’ days, Lol :P.

I don’t mind it.  Work shut down for a couple days.  Wasn’t extremely cold. And sometimes shoveling the snow is relaxing. And a good workout too.  

2 hours ago, amcbl1 said:

Christmas of ‘82 blizzard, ...

That was my 1st winter in Denver.  We’d gone home to see family.  When we arrived at the airport for our flights back, our connecting flight told us that the Chicago-Denver flight was cancelled.  We rebooked for the next day & spent the night w/family instead of on the floor in O’Hare.  When we got to ORD, they told us that our DEN flight wasn’t cancelled, merely delayed 6hrs.  Spent the day in ORD, catching the last flight to DEN.  Caught a cab, with 3 other destinations, home that night.  I couldn’t get back to Stapleton to retrieve my car for 3 days.

2 hours ago, amcbl1 said:

Christmas of ‘82 blizzard, couldn’t dig my car out to drive to work because the snow was falling so fast. They had to get someone with a 4x4 to pick me up to get to work. I was trapped at work for 3 days because they couldn’t get in anyone to replace us. Denver mayor lost his re-election because the snow removal was so bad. 

I managed to stock up on food just before the blizzard hit. In those days, we only had the choice of King Soopers, Safeway, and Albertson’s as supermarkets. Store shelves were empty because no suppliers could get into Denver. So in the days to come, anytime a Winter Storm was forecast, people were getting into fist fights over loaves of bread. Ahh yes, the good ol’ days, Lol :P.

I remember the Christmas storm very well.

I had moved up between Conifer and Bailey just before thanksgiving and was driving a BE Beetle (Bug) back and forth between Denver and home.

By the time the storm was over, the only way I knew where the Bug was at was the attendance sticking up out of the snow.  The car was completely buried under the snow.

Luckily my in-laws lived close by and they had a Scout with a snow plow. That was a huge help getting the snow cleared.

On 2/10/2020 at 7:47 PM, JRWolfe said:

Makes me BUMMED not to be in Pasadena,CA !

Ca. weather not been so hot . wind ,cold , rain , hope can get some different weather soon !

3 hours ago, lustybustygina said:

Ca. weather not been so hot . wind ,cold , rain , hope can get some different weather soon !

but there is money to be made,this time of the year.

For the first time in 2 weeks, when snow hits the city, I didn't get any snow at my house overnight.  No snow on my car sitting outside.  Loved it!

On 2/11/2020 at 0:33 PM, Audrey Astor said:

I don’t mind (it is Colorado). I could use a snow shoveling husband or roomie though. My driveway is HUGE.

If I lived in Denver I'd bring my snowblower by every time it snowed....

22 hours ago, carpediem-6586 said:

If I lived in Denver I'd bring my snowblower by every time it snowed....

Awwwwe that is sweet! I’d bring my blower by for you as well.😘

On 2/12/2020 at 4:17 PM, lustybustygina said:

Oh you will honey. We will see you and some snow ⛄️ ❄️ next week. 😉