Chloeblue83

Price of adds

63 posts in this topic

If TOB were to start charging for access to TOB, I would pay for it.

However, I would no longer pay for access to P411.

If TOB did start charging, I would expect that access to the site would be closed off to non-members. They wouldn’t see listings, forums or reviews.

3 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

It doesn't seem to be a financial Armageddon for P411 or the ladies on P411. Plenty of clients and providers were waiting for them to open the gates again. 🤷‍♀️

It's actually a free site for providers to advertise on unless you have a feature or top 10 ad. 

I'm not sure that the P411 ladies are a valid comparison. It would depend on where they are, what other places they advertise,  what sites bring them what amounts of business, and how many regulars they have. Do many successful ladies work exclusively off of P411 ads?

45 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

I'm not sure that the P411 ladies are a valid comparison. It would depend on where they are, what other places they advertise,  what sites bring them what amounts of business, and how many regulars they have. Do many successful ladies work exclusively off of P411 ads?

What? Why not? Why does it depend on all those things for p411 ladies, and not TOB ladies, or anywhere else for that matter? 

Do many successful ladies work exclusively off of TOB ads?

You're the one talking about it being Armageddon here as opposed to there. YOU explain why. 

30 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

What? Why not? Why does it depend on all those things for p411 ladies, and not TOB ladies, or anywhere else for that matter? 

Do many successful ladies work exclusively off of TOB ads?

You're the one talking about it being Armageddon here as opposed to there. YOU explain why. 

Well ....Ok. First, we have some ladies here expressing difficulty paying the ad price here. If they did not draw significant business off of it, and more off other sites...why would they bother? Most of the ladies who post on these forums and this thread have expressed that this is better than other sites and that, despite price hikes and rule changes, they feel fortunate to have it. There have been many past threads that discussed P411, and older ones that have discussed men having to pay a membership fee here. Quite a few men, well known posters, said that they would not do so for a variety of reasons.....usually connected to tracking info and paper\money trails. New members who could not "enter" without paying would be deterred, since they would not know what they were being asked to pay for. P411 serves\served as a screening tool site for established ladies and gents....not necessarily an entry portal for new clients. I'm convinced that there would be a large drop off of viewers of ads and subsequent bookings. Regulars, and core members would help some ladies and they might only lose 20% of their bookings from TOB perhaps. Others might lose 50% of TOB bookings or more. That would be hurtful to all...armageddon for some.  I suppose TOB could "try it and see"......but if what I suspect is correct, the damage would be done.

I've been here since 2005. Always been same amount. Shouldn't be a shock, as email sent out in December.  If anyone deserves a raise......It's TOB....😊😊😊

44 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Well ....Ok. First, we have some ladies here expressing difficulty paying the ad price here. If they did not draw significant business off of it, and more off other sites...why would they bother? Most of the ladies who post on these forums and this thread have expressed that this is better than other sites and that, despite price hikes and rule changes, they feel fortunate to have it. There have been many past threads that discussed P411, and older ones that have discussed men having to pay a membership fee here. Quite a few men, well known posters, said that they would not do so for a variety of reasons.....usually connected to tracking info and paper\money trails. New members who could not "enter" without paying would be deterred, since they would not know what they were being asked to pay for. P411 serves\served as a screening tool site for established ladies and gents....not necessarily an entry portal for new clients. I'm convinced that there would be a large drop off of viewers of ads and subsequent bookings. Regulars, and core members would help some ladies and they might only lose 20% of their bookings from TOB perhaps. Others might lose 50% of TOB bookings or more. That would be hurtful to all...armageddon for some.  I suppose TOB could "try it and see"......but if what I suspect is correct, the damage would be done.

There was a drop off of ladies when they started requiring verification. Another drop when rates go up, yet still no armageddon. A lot of people made assumptions about TOB then too. P411 stopped accepting new members, and people made a lot of assumptions or predictions about them as well. Personally I dont care what they decide to do with the site, and I doubt they care what I think either, but I suspect TOB would be just fine. I look at it this way, for every lady that drops off a new one wants to join, for every guy that says adios, there's another to happily fill his spot. You say a lot of long time posters say they would leave if they had to pay, so did long time providers when we were required to provide documentation and then again when rates went up. Yet, here we are still chatting on the forums. No Armageddon. 

2 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

There was a drop off of ladies when they started requiring verification. Another drop when rates go up, yet still no armageddon. A lot of people made assumptions about TOB then too. P411 stopped accepting new members, and people made a lot of assumptions or predictions about them as well. Personally I dont care what they decide to do with the site, and I doubt they care what I think either, but I suspect TOB would be just fine. I look at it this way, for every lady that drops off a new one wants to join, for every guy that says adios, there's another to happily fill his spot. You say a lot of long time posters say they would leave if they had to pay, so did long time providers when we were required to provide documentation and then again when rates went up. Yet, here we are still chatting on the forums. No Armageddon. 

Well said....

44 minutes ago, Hailey Of Denver said:

I've been here since 2005. Always been same amount. Shouldn't be a shock, as email sent out in December.  If anyone deserves a raise......It's TOB....😊😊😊

Fo Sho! 👏👏👏❤❤❤

9 hours ago, Hailey Of Denver said:

If TOB hasn't raised the advertising rate since 2005, TOB is way overdue for a raise.

And for all TOB does for the ladies and men who are members of TOB...Thank You Whisperer and all the moderators for your hard work and for being here for us.

So impressed with you gents that have chimed in willing to financially support TOB.  

Maybe those of you could reach out to the ladies that have posted about financially struggling and help.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Did the price to post a listing increase? 

Will the price be increasing more anytime soon? 

(And on a side note, does this have to do with the minimum wage hike on the 1st? O.o)

On 1/21/2020 at 10:27 PM, Hailey Of Denver said:

Sorry Hailey I love you like a sister but if anyone deserves a raise in this current climate it's the ladies on TOB, costs should be shared by all,  plain and simple!  I'll even go a step further to say it should be FREE for the ladies to advertise and the buyers to pick up ALL costs!....My bet is there would be even more women advertising thus drawing even MORE men to TOB...

So it's $21 a week for a 4 week month ..  / $17 a week for a 5 week month 

I don't feel it's over priced , every thing has gone up ,

A 7day ad on EORS can be 4 times as much and you can't link web sites or p411 .

Have to spend money to make money .. 

Edited by lustybustygina

18 minutes ago, lustybustygina said:

Thank you for a rational breakdown of these costs.

Edited by Bit Banger

7 hours ago, johnnybgood said:

Sorry Hailey I love you like a sister but if anyone deserves a raise in this current climate it's the ladies on TOB, costs should be shared by all,  plain and simple!  I'll even go a step further to say it should be FREE for the ladies to advertise and the buyers to pick up ALL costs!....My bet is there would be even more women advertising thus drawing even MORE men to TOB...

Again:

00SWv4Y.gif

Chloe, you are a classy lady thank you for being you and honest! 💋

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

12 hours ago, johnnybgood said:

Sorry Hailey I love you like a sister but if anyone deserves a raise in this current climate it's the ladies on TOB, costs should be shared by all,  plain and simple!  I'll even go a step further to say it should be FREE for the ladies to advertise and the buyers to pick up ALL costs!....My bet is there would be even more women advertising thus u

If I'm like a sister, than  a brother wouldn't let family member or her sisters suffer. Are you going donate all my sisters, or are you going run your mouth 

Edited by Hailey Of Denver

5 hours ago, Hailey Of Denver said:

If I'm like a sister, than  a brother wouldn't let family member or her sisters suffer. Are you going donate all my sisters, or are you going run your mouth 

Yes Hailey I do, every 2 weeks rain or shine I donate.  I think I help do my share, if you did your research you'd already know that.  Can I fix it for all, sorry no! 

I expected flak and being flipped off from the men side it's currently free to look for us so my suggestion is shaking the apple cart and I understand that, but my opinion is the value for me to pay something and offset some of the ladies side cost wise is something worth it to me and many others I know on here.

Sorry you felt attacking me was going to make your viewpoint stronger but I think it does just the opposite!

Have a great Superbowl weekend I know I will...💋

Sweetheart...I hate to burst your bubble....I'm not researching you, nor do I give a F who you are.  Take couple seats down.....

14 hours ago, Hailey Of Denver said:

Sweetheart...I hate to burst your bubble....I'm not researching you, nor do I give a F who you are.  Take couple seats down.....

Thank you, I now remember where I know you from....🤣😂🤣🤣

G5bTMS6Ga5L1SQAu5

On 1/31/2020 at 8:34 PM, Hailey Of Denver said:

Yes Hailey I do, every 2 weeks rain or shine I donate.  I think I help do my share, if you did your research you'd already know that.  Can I fix it for all, sorry no! 

I expected flak and being flipped off from the men side it's currently free to look for us so my suggestion is shaking the apple cart and I understand that, but my opinion is the value for me to pay something and offset some of the ladies side cost wise is something worth it to me and many others I know on here.

Sorry you felt attacking me was going to make your viewpoint stronger but I think it does just the opposite!

Have a great Superbowl weekend I know I will...💋

On 1/21/2020 at 2:45 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

It doesn't seem to be a financial Armageddon for P411 or the ladies on P411. Plenty of clients and providers were waiting for them to open the gates again. 🤷‍♀️

It's actually a free site for providers to advertise on unless you have a feature or top 10 ad. 

Or pay for a visiting ad is $20 a month , but yes the site is fee to us unless you do visiting or feature or post new photos a lot ,

13 minutes ago, lustybustygina said:

Or pay for a visiting ad is $20 a month , but yes the site is fee to us unless you do visiting or feature or post new photos a lot ,

I don't go anywhere outside of Denver metro without a visiting ad, not Ft Collins or The Springs or out of Colorado. That $20 ad makes all the difference for me. Best $20 i spend. 

P411 is kinda pricy for us clients, and every year I consider not renewing, but I always do. Almost all the providers I decide to see have p411 profiles, and it's been my most consistent, useful resource over the past five and half years.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:54 PM, sb1212 said:

I would be interested in hearing from TOB management on this topic. Has it been considered? I dont need another bill, but charging participants seems to be a workable business model (P411, TER).  One potential benefit - a nominal charge may discourage some of those non-serious time wasters we hear about from our beloved providers.  I dont see many real hobbyists in CO bailing out on TOB - the best local source- based on a small fee.  Maybe we can get a marketing intern to do some research..... 

I'd like to hear from them too on this, and to expand on "charging participants seems to be a workable business model", why not do what it takes to make it easy to pay?

I went through the KYC/AML to get a Netspend card specifically to advertise, but it just won't work with TOB. Works in England and the Netherlands, online and in person, but not here. It's super frustrating. I verified here with an image of the card too, so TOB knows the number is valid and me.

Not all of us fear the Bitcoin (or ETH/LTC) why not take it? If you're worried about crypto then take Monero. XMR is entirely private, that's the whole point...

Cash, crypto, credit cards via Venmo, you wanna pay me -- heck I'd take fractional Oz gold or silver coins! -- I'll take it. Seems pretty logical and obvious.

On 2/25/2020 at 7:39 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

I don't go anywhere outside of Denver metro without a visiting ad, not Ft Collins or The Springs or out of Colorado. That $20 ad makes all the difference for me. Best $20 i spend. 

Same here . .. best $20 x 12 = $240 a year I can spend 

8 minutes ago, lustybustygina said:

Same here . .. best $20 x 12 = $240 a year I can spend 

i think its the best way to go for ladies who use their site and like prebookings especially. 

On 1/21/2020 at 1:23 AM, johnnybgood said:

Well I know I'm gonna catch alot of crap on this one but I'm gonna say it anyhow!

Why isn't EVERYONE paying for the use of this site?  As a p411 member everyone pays even if they just look.  Seems like a safer business model as well.  Costs should be shared by all, if you can't afford it then you shouldn't be here.

Just my 2 cents....

So what you are saying is that the Clients should also pay for coming on TOB? 😉 it is interesting how each website works differently. I have many clients who use TOB but refuse to join. As a client you need not pay for a membership and you  are free to see and read everything you wish.No membership requirements needed at all! Love to see the cow jump over the moon too! Amazing how that works!!! 

Cost of living in Denver is insane enough! . Think we are one of-if not for sure the most expensive inner coastal cities on the map for the USA. 

Chloe, sorry about the expense  hike! No real answers! Think the truth is because they can! 
Life is good! 🦋 Lets keep it honest! 

On 1/31/2020 at 11:47 AM, lustybustygina said:

That is cheap. an Ad in Westword was $50 a week 30 years ago and was $300 a week just a decade ago. Ads in the Oyster were a lot higher than $21 a week.    Gotta say it...you ladies are getting a good deal compared to the "good old days."

As I read thru this thread I can't help but to feel confused as to why some of the responses to Chloe's post are so defensive, hostile, condescending?

If I understand her correctly, she is saying that she wasn't aware of the change in rate, it surprised her and concerned her mainly because it's not as consistent for her ( I've heard this from several ladies as well)  because it's stressful sending money out not knowing if it will be fruitful, and expressed how it would be reassuring to know that increase also came with a few more features for ladies to make the most out of our time on TOB. 

She didn't come off as TOB bashing , suffering from the lack of understanding of what risks Admin and Mods take, nor an ignorance of Fosta/ Sesta or marketing. And I'm also certain she was not implying that the $25 is a ridiculous amount. 

And to not have heard from Admin or Mods, other than being told its going up...I mean I don't know anyone to get an increase on bill, and especially if I'm financially strained, and not want to be brought up to speed on what's up.

To inquire what's changed, what will change or at least to know it's going towards making sure the admins/mods are receiving the compensation they deserve for all they do. I'm sure she is not the only one who would appreciate more open communication on the subject. 

When I read the title I clicked on because I was looking forward to finding out what it meant for us and TOB moving forward, and what admin had to say.

I'm gonna do what I have to, to do what I need to, I just came to express my shock and disappointment as I read some of these replies. 

Some y'all act like she her post was titled 'Tob can *$"; my *#$# and here's why.' 

Tsk tsk.