Bit Banger

Internet changes prostitution business models

5 posts in this topic

A recent thread on Sunday fun  got me thinking about some of the changes brought to prostitution business models by the Internet.

• A major reduction in street trade
  • A decrease in agencies and brothels
  • An increase in independent providers
  • Improved provider safety(?)
  • A change in client expectations

These are just a few of the differences I’ve seen in the past 50+ years to the industry.  Granted, many of these changes have been driven by society, but facilitated by the Internet.

Share your experiences and views.  I’ll return to this topic with more detail later. 

Well the internet also has helped in scamming hobbyists too.   At least you could see the girl on the street and in the brothel. No fake pictures to bait and switch you.

It has allowed us to actually plan ahead better. An agency could allow a day or two in advance planning. The girls on the street would be there one day and maybe not until a week or two later.

It has allowed traveling girls to pre-book the next city or next few in advance.

It has helped the main providers to screen their potential clients. Emailing other references or sites  like P411.

Though cash is still king, it has allowed transfers of cash electronically. A girl can go to an atm and deposit cash without a teller asking questions. Then apps like Venmo or Cash App.

Not to forget the smartphone. No using payphones  to try to hide your business.

Edited by Alex Majors

1 hour ago, Alex Majors said:

Well the internet also has helped in scamming hobbyists too.   At least you could see the girl on the street and in the brothel. No fake pictures to bait and switch you.

Agreed. Unfortunately, it's also helped people who pretend to be clients, and mess with the providers.

Emailing other references or sites  like P411. One of my favorite improvements!

Not to forget the smartphone. No using payphones  to try to hide your business. Close second regarding improvements!

Personally, I don't miss agencies, or street trade. The fact that we all can trade info, regarding thieves, scammers, and violence, via the internet, is another huge plus! Overall, we're (both clients and providers) much better off than we were 30 years ago! :)

Definitely the Internet and apps.  Being a hooker is being normalized and everyone wants to do it these days.  With music and celebs like Kim k or amber rose with the Slutwalk influencing it’s pop culture to be a “hoe”

I know that the web has changed hobbying for me in very good ways.  With boards like TOB, active participation has been a ton of fun.  In the very old days, making the kind of connections available today was truly hit and miss, with a lot more "misses".  I hope the ladies have found the cyber world to be better for them, for their business and for connections.