Hunter VanDyke

RIP Kobe

35 posts in this topic

Such sad news for him and his family, and the others and their families. We never know when our last days will be.  Hugs to all of you. 

I’m watching the Pro Bowl and just heard the news.

They say he was killed in a helicopter crash in the L.A. area.

Shocking.

Great athlete but wasn't he a rapist?

Hope his memory is a blessing to all that loved him.

21 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Great athlete but wasn't he a rapist?

He was accused of rape and he admitted he had sex with the accuser.

But when it came down to crunch time, she refused to testify against him so the charges were dropped.

There was ultimately was a large settlement between Kobe and his accuser.

There are reports that Kobe’s daughters were with him. No survivors.

Edited by ilovewomen

5 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

There are reports that Kobe’s daughters were with him. No survivors.

I hope that's not the case.  

One daughter was, they were going to her basketball game reports are saying, maybe a car is a better way to get there?

Edited by stevie-2249

22 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

One daughter was, they were going to her basketball game reports are saying, maybe a car is a better way to get there?

People die in car accidents every day. Their poor family. 😥

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

Hope his memory is a blessing to all that loved him.

Definitely never a fan of his..but yes this

2 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Ever try and navigate the LA Freeways ? That system is such a clusterf..ck that I am surprised the skys are not filled with helicopters !   but as Hunter wisely pointed out,people get killed in car crashes often.

49 minutes ago, Laci French said:

In buried news the US Embassy in Baghdad had 5 missiles fired and took 3 direct hits.  

God Bless our troops

Not quite sure what that has to do with this thread. Why not not start a thread about that...if it's so important you???

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

That poor momma losing so much in one day. 

And the sister and brother who lost both their parents and their kid sister...just heartbreaking. 

Things like this remind me how small my problems are, and how fortunate I am to be here, and to have my loved ones in my life for one more day. 

I feel so bad for his beautiful wife to lose her precious daughter as I know this pain myself she will never be the same. May her daughter and Kobe rest in peace.

Edited by Nicholeofdenver

Though he was not liked much in Colorado, I am sad to hear of these deaths.  I hope his family gets the emotional support they need.  The ripples of these deaths affect a number of different communities.  My heart goes out to his family because of the multiple losses.  

Sad to always hear about death on any level. I am sending prayers to those affected by his tragic death!😘❤️

20 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

From what I've heard he couldn't sit for too long so his helicopter was his main transportation especially with California traffic....

I had a loved one die in a car accident a couple years ago, and we prefer him be in any other mode of transportation on that day, at that time, at that place...plane, helicopter, bus, train. 😔

6 hours ago, Strange_Ice said:

From what I've heard he couldn't sit for too long so his helicopter was his main transportation especially with California traffic....

I believe that may have been wrong... I was reading an interview he did where he said he started using helicopters because it helped him spend more time with his family... He was sitting in traffic once and missed something for one of his daughters, so he started looking into other modes of transportation.   I'm actually surprised that the normal "fact checkers" that almost always jump on the opportunity to point out when someone is wrong didn't say something yet

Edited by Strange_Ice

On 1/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

People die in car accidents every day. Their poor family. 😥

??????

On 1/26/2020 at 1:49 PM, ilovewomen said:

He was accused of rape and he admitted he had sex with the accuser.

Not quite the entire picture. Read the wikipedia entry or other online synopses if you want a better summary.

2 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

Not quite the entire picture. Read the wikipedia entry or other online synopses if you want a better summary.

Can’t believe everything you read in Wikipedia since entries can be changed by anybody.

She accused him of rape. He admitted they had sex but said it was consensual.

She refused to testify against him.

They settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money.

That summarizes what happened.

14 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Can’t believe everything you read in Wikipedia since entries can be changed by anybody.

She accused him of rape. He admitted they had sex but said it was consensual.

She refused to testify against him.

They settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money.

That summarizes what happened.

You leave out the part of his publicly read statement that was part of her refusal to testify (besides unrelenting harassment by his team) that stated that while he considered the sex consensual he could understand why she did not. As to money, most of the reputable reports indicated little or no money involved.  At the very best a famous, wealthy, charismatic, married man orchestrated sex with a 19 year old hostess.  Perhaps he changed and became a wonderful guy in all ways, and yes of course he was a phenomenal basketball player.  But not a saint as media wants to paint him to be.