gr8owl

Hats

30 posts in this topic

On   a much lighter note, yesterday was national hat day.  A day late a dollar short as usual.  So what you got ......... like to see your lady wearing a hat?  Favorite musician always under a hat?  Only thing covering, ahem .....  Do you ever wear a hat?  Any interesting story around a hat?  Oh, to find my old black hippie hat, stains and burn holes included!!  But for a start musician that always wears a hat, here is a little ZZ

Mine is a black beaver, 20x from a guy in Elizabeth co.  Nice hat 

Have a ton of hats. Back in the day ,video productions gave out free baseball caps with either the company name or the title of the adult video on them. Also have caps bought at concerts with that evenings band logo on them and hats worn as part of the costume in mainstream movies. Yes,even publications I wrote for gave out caps. Have High school reunion caps as well as various union caps.   (Yes,have a Trump hat,but I have been collection presidential campaign memorabilia of BOTH Democrats and Republicans since  Kennedy vs Nixon...wonder what those buttons are worth today...even have an autographed Pat Paulsen campaign poster from 1968 )

56 minutes ago, johnnydog said:

Joe Cocker - 'You Can Leave Your Hat On'

Not just ladies ................. something you probably don't hear everyday

2 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

I like it and thanks for posting 

51 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Yes.  I really did used to love her. She is gone now . Most of me too.

9 hours ago, gr8owl said:

On   a much lighter note, yesterday was national hat day.  A day late a dollar short as usual.  So what you got ......... like to see your lady wearing a hat?  Favorite musician always under a hat?  Only thing covering, ahem .....  Do you ever wear a hat?  Any interesting story around a hat?  Oh, to find my old black hippie hat, stains and burn holes included!!  But for a start musician that always wears a hat, here is a little ZZ

Years ago I wore a variety of hats.  I ended up settling on an Australian riding hat, whether I was on horseback or not.  Had a few for show and a couple for the trail.  I no longer wear hats, but will fully endorse "National Hat Day".  There are times when I find a lady in a hat (or glasses, or both) to be quite sexy.

I’m not sure I actually own a hat, wouldn’t be caught dead in a ballcap.

Do have an extensive collection of helmets though - it seems like every adrenaline sport requires a different type of helmet. Luckily the helmet required for this sport rolls up and fits in a shirt pocket.

:rolleyes:

I usually always wear a ball cap. I do like to see a woman wearing a hat. It doesn't have to be anything special. With it being cold, a pretty girl with a stocking hat comes to mind.

20200117_212750.jpg

I have a collection of hats: ball caps, fedoras, berets, sombreros, newsboy caps, etc.  If I’m outdoors I am seldom w/o cover; a habit I picked up in the service.

Don't wear one often. I don't shave my head anymore and I have nice hair. Shame to cover that up while I've still got it. But if I do wear one it's the only one I've got. Mucros Weavers Trinity wool cap from John Cahill in Killarney, Ireland

When outside I always try to remember to wear a hat if I’m going to be out in the sun longer than 20-30 minutes....I will burn bad if I don’t.

I have a variety of hats.  An Aussie chiller hat that I soak for when I play golf, some baseball caps and of course a sticking cap or beanie while snow shoveling.  I wore cowboy hats for probably 25 years.

I associate hats with work/function. My forehead started growing in my early 20’s. Took a bit to accept, then leaned in and shaved the whole dome. Hats became crucial to protect from my scalp from the sun and bumping/banging my head on obstacles.

Tilley Outback hat for hiking, boating and kayaking, straw fedora for stepping out sharp and listening to Latin music, merino wool beanie for cold weather, wool driver’s cap for coffee shops and bookstores... I’ve learned hats are man accessories! :)

Considering how often I get to go to the skin doc and get the liquid nitrogen treatment, i'm never outside without a hat on.   So I have a very nice collection of hats.  Mostly fishing related ball caps, but also have a Tilley for fishing, and a really nice Akubra Banjo Patterson for when it's raining or snowing.

Most hats make most people look stupid. 

Always wear a hat when on horseback, it's heartbreaking when the wind blows it off and the horse steps on an expensive hat.

5 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

Always wear a hat when on horseback, it's heartbreaking when the wind blows it off and the horse steps on an expensive hat.

Though it's been years, I've had that happen.  Then I try to convince myself that it adds "personality" to the hat.  :)

10 hours ago, 2Big said:

Stupid is a state of mind 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:59 PM, lowboy said:

See.  Julia.  It was the hat!!!!  :P

11 hours ago, 2Big said:

:lol:  not the hat's fault.  Same as "do these pants make my ass look fat?"  No, your ass looks fat because it is fat and there is no cloaking device to hide it!

2 hours ago, petey-9950 said:

Good old 2big, gotta love him 

We all like 2Big.  He keeps us honest and entertains us.

I usually wear a hat when I go out due to my lack of protective hair on top. I either get cold or sun burned or since I live in Colorado maybe both without a hat.

41 minutes ago, Bigguy said:

I usually wear a hat when I go out due to my lack of protective hair on top. I either get cold or sun burned or since I live in Colorado maybe both without a hat.

This ^^^^^

I had a closet full of baseball caps from all sorts of places. I took them to Africa and they made great trading items for local arts and crafts.OK K OK I know not everyone has that chance, just telling you what happened.