Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marilyn Desire

WWIII?

16 posts in this topic

As I sit here eating my lunch alone, I cant help but get emotional for our country and our troops. Although I dont have any friends or family in the military I do have many military clients, as I am in a military town. To all those who serve or have served you are in my thoughts!

Always support our men and women in uniform, past, present and future.

May they all be safe and return home safely.

25 minutes ago, pointymoustache said:

As a retired military guy I want to say something. We hear a lot of "support our military, veterans, etc., but if you really want to help contact the family of a deployed serviceman. They need support not necessarily financial, but someone to bitch to, someone to listen about their worries, someone to take the kids for afternoon. Communication between them and their serviceman is a lot easier than when I was in Nam (twice), but they are still missing him/her.

This is an excellent idea and I appreciate your input! My question for you is, how do we get in contact with families to help support them? I am guessing look up support groups online or something else? I dont imagine this information is readily available? 

an 

10 minutes ago, Crystyna said:

This is an excellent idea and I appreciate your input! My question for you is, how do we get in contact with families to help support them? I am guessing look up support groups online or something else? I dont imagine this information is readily available? 

An easy way is to call a military base ask for the Chaplin's office. They can help you find a family who can use support.

20 minutes ago, Crystyna said:

Military members security have come along way since the beginning of the GWOT.  At one time you could find the name/address of service members online and send them care packages.  The sites are still operational, but there are screening  now. 

Some thoughts on being able to help the spouse/children back on the home front: 

Contact the local base's Chaplin.   How do you do that?  If you attend a house of worship, you pastor likely has their information. 

Maybe the local Salvation Army or United Way office? 

Daycare for a "parents free day" , lawn care, snow removal,......  Maybe a precooked meal.  Meatloaf, lasagna, pulled pork...   Some ideas of what they might need. 

I see Pointy has the same idea on the Chaplin.  

And no,  this is not going to be WWIII.

Edited by frankenthaler91

3 minutes ago, frankenthaler91 said:

And no,  this is not going to be WWIII.

I don't believe it will be WWIII either, at least I hope not!

1 hour ago, Crystyna said:

Crystyna, contact TAPS, I am on their BOD

1 minute ago, petey-9950 said:

Crystyna, contact TAPS, I am on their BOD

Awesome thank you!

3 hours ago, pointymoustache said:

As a retired military guy I want to say something. We hear a lot of "support our military, veterans, etc., but if you really want to help contact the family of a deployed serviceman. They need support not necessarily financial, but someone to bitch to, someone to listen about their worries, someone to take the kids for afternoon. Communication between them and their serviceman is a lot easier than when I was in Nam (twice), but they are still missing him/her.

THIS ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

Joe is fine, he is doing what he signed up for and there a a million programs to help the families but a good conversation for the families and helping with the small stuff is the best.  And keep jodie away!!!!!!!

Being as none of us EVER has one word of say in what our military is going to do,  rather than pay attention to it or worry about it, I have a better idea. WE should get bombed, then launch torpedoes into  Vajayjay Bay and the mouth of  the Mississ. 

I would love to endorse this reach out. All units have family support groups and all bases/posts have coordinators. Chaplains and USO both great starting points. I retired in early 2001 after 22 years. Lots of ribbons and attaboys and thank you's for your service. My unit was one of the first few into Afghanistan and my role was easing spouses fears, fixing fence gates and washing machines, taking little kids to the corn maze... I realized all the medals go to the wrong people. Combat is easy. Focused. You are with your war family. Your brothers (now sisters). Ready to do bad things to bad people. It is the opposite for families. They start the war already down one member. I always new military families were special but I didn’t know how special till I was on the home front. They are the ones sacrificing and they are the ones who deserve America’s thanks. Thank you Pointy-‘stache for your perspective. Thank you Crystyna, for caring. That alone means everything to a military family.