Exquisite *KLN*

MY SINCERE APOLOGIES!!***

13 posts in this topic

Denver forum members,

I was supposed to have visited middle Dec and ended up NCNS the trip. I just wanted to post to let everyone who contacted me know why you never heard from me.  I am not a type of provider who ever just NCNS anyone. I am a very respectable and reliable and it has been killing me knowing I had to NCNS the trip. 

So I took off Monday evening and just about an HR before I was due to reach Denver I got a phone call from my BFF's mom asking if I had talked to my BFF. I said yeah.. What's going on?  She hadn't seen or heard from my BFF and was getting worried.

I started panicking cause she was driving when I last talked to her. I started calling her phone over and over and not getting a response. I called her mother back and she said they were going to her house to check on her. I was like she was driving when I talked to her, please check the route, maybe something happened. About 30 mins later her mom called to tell me the highway was shut down. She spoke to an officer who let her know there was a fatal car crash and asked what type of vehicle cause she couldn't reach her daughter.  I turned around and hauled ass back to the Dallas area. When I got to the hospital my BFF was in surgery.

A semi driver had fallen asleep and crossed the median. When the semi was turning over it pinned her under the trailer. Just a horrible horrible ordeal. 

She is my family and when it comes to family, you won't hear from me. Especially something like this. All I was concerned about was my family. I have been a mess cause I feel like it was my fault.  So our Christmas and New Years wasn't what I would have liked it to of been. She is doing somewhat better physically, but her heart is broken and all I can do is be there for her and her kids.  

I can't begin to say I am sorry enough to all those who reached out to me and never heard from me and more to those I ended up NCNS. I don't want this post to be a feel sorry for me. I just wanted to give my apologies for the time wasted. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and again Please Please forgive me!! 

Nikki,

I get that you had a situation which prevented you from completing your CO trip. I get that you were focused on your BFF & family.  All perfectly understandable.

But 10-15 minutes to post a notice on the board a day or two after you returned to TX, would have cleared the air.  We are (mostly) a compassionate group of people.

Nikki;

Family and true friends should always come first. I would have done the same.

It sounds like you are a good friend and your family and friends are lucky to have you in their lives. I hope things gets better for your family.

Was anyone’s time really wasted?  It seems that  few, if any, gents would have headed to your date without confirming. I think any inconvenience caused would be negligible in comparison to your family emergency.   Your apologies are, I’m sure, accepted with no hard feelings.  Hope your friend recovers quickly and completely.

Edited by Plot

Thank ya'll for understanding. It took a lot to post what I did and some of what I posted was not allowed so there was a reason I did not post right after I got back to TX. A lot of what happened I feel like I could have kept from happening so I do apologize more than you know. 

I am sorry you had such a heartbreaking incident.  Sending rays of healing to your BBF and your extended family.  Take care and I hope the rest of the year brings more brightness your way?  <3

Thank you Sapphire! I appreciate the support. It only has to get better! 

So sorry this happened.  Taking care and caring for the people in your life outweighs everything else that was planned.  I hope everyone heals, physically and emotionally.  Take care and sending healing thoughts.

Nikki: I'm very sorry for your situation my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Public transparency is never easy, your post shows your heart and class. I would have done the same thing as my first concern is always family and friends. I'm not sure why you feel it was your fault, please just know there are times when bad things happen to good people and it is no ones fault. Thank you for your openness it shows real class your friends and family are lucky to have you in their lives. 

The Coach 

I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy in your life Nikki. Family and friends are THE most important thing in this world. This is for fun and comes secondary to RW life. I hope her and her family pull through this okay. Hugs to you too. You've been through quite an ordeal. I've found this community to be very understanding, thoughtful, and helpful under much less extreme circumstances than yours. Please take care and let us know if you need anything. 

you hate hearing about these things - so sorry - sending all the well wishes to your BFF and positive vibes to you and her family...

Life happens and I hope your friend is safe and well.  

Nikki,

I’m sorry to hear and hope your friend is recovering quickly. Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery. It sounds like a traumatic holiday season. It’s understandable that your heart and mind were full of things other than the other board. That’s not your fault, than makes you a good human. I hope you are well and beginning to enjoy the new year. I’m sure we will all be here when you make it back. Until then, take care.