Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SirGalaxy

Anyone Experienced This?

20 posts in this topic

Hi all and Happy New Year!

I’ve lurked here for a while and appreciated all of the info!  I decided to step outside of the box and go with a traveling provider that doesn’t have a ton of feedback online but by all accounts seems to be using real pics.  I’ll save dropping any specific information here but wanted to see if anything like this has happened to anybody on here.

To start, I reach out to this provider that would be on the higher end of the donation range.  I’m unsure if she’s going to be in the area on the date I would like so I shoot out a text before filling out her required screening form on the site.  A few hours go by and I get a “Congratulations you’ve passed my screening” text (which I never filled out) that highlights the rules.  One of which is to provide a deposit.  I have done this previously and not opposed to doing again if I feel comfortable.  I ask again about the date (never specified a time) and get “you’re wasting my time right now, pay the deposit and we will coordinate.”  1) a single text to coordinate a meeting is a waste of time?  2) no way I’m leaving a deposit before we’ve determined when we’ll be meeting.  From there, the rude reply has me off put and I don’t send a single response back.  On to the following day and I get “I knew it, you better pay my deposit, or else” finally followed up by a “your funeral” after I didn’t reply (which I still have not).  Number has now been blocked and I’m just putting this off...but there is still that voice in the back of my head.

1) Was there anything I had done wrong here?  Had all intentions to book until she was rude.

2) I know Everyone is different, but have you had a threat by a provider that they actually followed up with?

3) Is there any legal recourse I should consider?  Assuming that I have grounds...she hasn’t blackmailed me, but the “your funeral” can be open to interpretation.

thanks in advance for the help!

Have I ever experienced this, no. But I also got onto TOB when I got scammed a long time ago as well.

Don't give this any energy. Her demanding a deposite and threatening you, she is clearly trying to scam you. Nothing more. So don't over think this. There are NO legal grounds! Cut her loose, run, and continue to block her.

It's a simple fix. Once that crazy dust storm has passed. Find a great lady here on TOB. And try not to get suckered into the unknown drifter passing through town.....

IMO, a higher end of the donation scale lady does not equate to a better time, looks, etc., and does nto mean less chance of flakiness or BSC.

That being said:

1. Instead of texting/emailing and seeing if she would be your area on a certain date, you probably should have gone a head and filled out her screening requirements which probably included a place for you to put your requested date and time. 

Her subsequent replies to submit a deposit before she discussed anything further is a huge red flag.

2.  As far as her threat goes, she is just trying to scare you.  She doesn't have any of your information yet (I'm guessing from your post).  It would be a rare occasion if she tried to follow up on here threat.  I've heard through the underground that this has happened in the past, but it is very rare.

3. As to legal recourse, she hasn't done anything yet, so you can't do anything.  If she does find you and attempts blackmail, take it to the police immediately.

The "your funeral" comment is open to interpretation, but again, she or her handler have to find you first.  They won't waste the time to do that.  Ignore her and move on. 

If you do get contacted again by her, block her.

And while we are at it, be sure to also ignore the Nigerian guy who wants help moving money into the US.

Thanks guys!  

one thing I didn’t mention was that my phone number, when looked up, shows my address.  lesson learned here to get an alt phone to use.  I had never even checked into this before, and there it is straight away when performing a simple search...thus some of my concern.  I’ve already taken steps to correct this and it should be wiped within a few days.  I honestly can’t see them/her carrying out anything, but you never know just how crazy someone can be.  either way, I’m not going to lose too much sleep over this.  was mainly wondering if anyone had any threats that needed to be dealt with and what was done.

thanks again!

50 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

And while we are at it, be sure to also ignore the Nigerian guy who wants help moving money into the US.

He is now deceased.  His widow emailed me this morning asking me to help 47 million dollars into the United States. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, SirGalaxy said:

one thing I didn’t mention was that my phone number, when looked up, shows my address.  lesson learned here to get an alt phone to use.

Do you have any video home security ?  Strongly doubt anyone would show up to carry out such a stupid scam, but its always best to see who shows up at your door before opening it.

The takeaway I got from this thread...don't try to circumvent the requested mode of contact (in this case, a screening form). 

Either follow her directions, or don't bother.

I'm not saying her threats are justified. However, he may have pushed the "make me crazy" button, with his initial text. :(

Personal opinion - pure scam.  Send a deposit without even knowing if you can schedule?  Then threats to get you to send donation?  Who the fuck threatens a client they plan to see?  No, you dodged a scam dude.  Go buy a lottery ticket.

10 hours ago, SirGalaxy said:

Hi all and Happy New Year!

I’ve lurked here for a while and appreciated all of the info!  I decided to step outside of the box and go with a traveling provider that doesn’t have a ton of feedback online but by all accounts seems to be using real pics.  I’ll save dropping any specific information here but wanted to see if anything like this has happened to anybody on here.

To start, I reach out to this provider that would be on the higher end of the donation range.  I’m unsure if she’s going to be in the area on the date I would like so I shoot out a text before filling out her required screening form on the site.  A few hours go by and I get a “Congratulations you’ve passed my screening” text (which I never filled out) that highlights the rules.  One of which is to provide a deposit.  I have done this previously and not opposed to doing again if I feel comfortable.  I ask again about the date (never specified a time) and get “you’re wasting my time right now, pay the deposit and we will coordinate.”  1) a single text to coordinate a meeting is a waste of time?  2) no way I’m leaving a deposit before we’ve determined when we’ll be meeting.  From there, the rude reply has me off put and I don’t send a single response back.  On to the following day and I get “I knew it, you better pay my deposit, or else” finally followed up by a “your funeral” after I didn’t reply (which I still have not).  Number has now been blocked and I’m just putting this off...but there is still that voice in the back of my head.

1) Was there anything I had done wrong here?  Had all intentions to book until she was rude.

2) I know Everyone is different, but have you had a threat by a provider that they actually followed up with?

3) Is there any legal recourse I should consider?  Assuming that I have grounds...she hasn’t blackmailed me, but the “your funeral” can be open to interpretation.

thanks in advance for the help!

Legal recourse? Really? This may not be the hobby for you if this is in your top 3 questions after a nasty reply. I'd suggest getting a thicker skin going forward. This won't be your last nasty or threatening reply if you stay in the hobby. I've learned to ignore them and continue on with business as usual. 

You have already figured out that a hobby phone is essential.  Use only cash to buy the phone and the minuets.  

8 hours ago, Seeker5280 said:

Two words..........

Move On!

Or 

“bat shit”?

8 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

He is now deceased.  His widow emailed me this morning asking me to help 47 million dollars into the United States. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Since he has a widow, that means it MUST be LEGIT!! Did you assist her? ( wish there was a sarcasm font):eek:

8 hours ago, amcbl1 said:

Since he has a widow, that means it MUST be LEGIT!! Did you assist her? ( wish there was a sarcasm font):eek:

I suggested she contact you :lol::lol:

Yes, I wouldn't have sent a deposit. Not seeing the texts from both of you, I won't judge who did what wrong. Now the threat is just crazy. You haven't mentioned her name, so you aren't here to ruin her business It might have been a very bad day for her. Otherwise there would be numerous threads like this on her with her name mentioned. As for the address, only you know where you actually live. Most sites have numerous places that you have lived throughout your life. Most aren't current.. Same with who owned the phone number. I wouldn't worry anymore about her. 

13 hours ago, pfunk said:

The takeaway I got from this thread...don't try to circumvent the requested mode of contact (in this case, a screening form). 

Either follow her directions, or don't bother.

I'm not saying her threats are justified. However, he may have pushed the "make me crazy" button, with his initial text. :(

Yeah, agreed here...thought I was avoiding a hassle but found myself in one instead.  Does seem weird, though, that she considered a single text as time wasting.  But I guess I’ll stick to protocol from now on to be safe.

As for the comment about thicker skin, I’m not going to assume that any threats are without teeth.  Either way, sounds like I need to have some different privacy measures set up so that I can ignore with more confidence...burner phone it is.

bummer this type of behavior happens - begs the question how many cave under the pressure - sad...

best to move on - in time if no money comes of this the folks posting the threats will likely move on too...

hobby and learn - hobby and learn...

we all have stories of hobby times we wish we could undo; but most likely they have served us all well...

thanks for sharing - the community always need the reminders that to hobby safe is to hobby fun...

Good luck if you feel mine you can get a VOIP number of a burner phone and schedule a booking with a “real and “legitimate” provider here. My recommendation is to use you RW info and book with a well reviewed well respected provider. Once you’ve had a successful booking or two, you may be able to take in a hobby name and number for future bookings with many well respected ladies. Some will always require RW info, some accept references, some accept burner numbers and no names. However, the last option may get you more of what you got. 💁‍♀️  Find someone you’re comfy with to start. Best wishes

As a provider myself I have seen many other working girls ask for a deposit for either 1 of 2 reasons 1. Scam you when you send it and never contact you again or 2. Because they are asked to go further distances to the location and it's a risk to go that far and the possibility of the client changing their mind and we waste our time for nothing waste our gas for nothing even possibly lose money from other potential clients we have pushed to the side in order to go see the client who changed their mind. But mostly they are just going to keep the Deposit and block you I never ask for a deposit I just have no need to.