How was your year?

27 posts in this topic

W

How was your year? What will make next year special?

The beginning of the year was great. I bought a new car finally. That caused me to slow down on my drinking, because I was no longer ubering everywhere. Our family dog Dobby passed away. He was 10 yrs old. That was a tough one. I was struggling a bit in my family life, and experienced a little work burn out for a few months. I picked up a second job that I love to combat the burn out by working less. That worked wonders. I no longer feel the burn out and our family struggles seem to have passed. I paid off a bunch of debt and increased my credit score bigtime. That was a major goal of mine for this year. Yay for that. I got a beautiful sweet little girl named Luna who completely changed my world. She's the best thing to happen to me in years. She's a shar pei mix, and I love her to pieces. I needed a companion, and one that didn't have two legs. Lol. We came into each others lives right on time.

What will make next year special? I've reevaluated my life a lot this year, changed and grown so much. I have balance in my life again. I hope to continue on a path of moderation, keep up my spirit of giving, love my family and friends like no bodies business, stay out of my comfort zone more, and travel more. Oh and Luna and I will be getting a new place in February, so finally putting some roots down in Denver after 4 yrs! Lol

Great post Kishon!

Horrible year,health took two turns for the worse and forced a retirement. Love to travel and couldn't. Did get plenty of time to go through cases of  old film negatives and organize them,might turn the best into photos .

Hoping 2020 will be a lot better.

This was the worse year of my life as my son passed away. However I have had a chance to become great friends with Hunter and Kali due to my tragedy . And I love both ladies dearly they have both been great friends. I hope that next year is a better year for me as my life will never be the same.

Edited by Nicholeofdenver

@JRWolfe glad you survived everything this year, and I hope you have a better year in 2020. A year of good strong recovery. 

@Nicholeofdenver Love you so much sweet Nichole. I'm always here for you, through the good times and bad. 

Lots of change this year.  Losing my second job and place to live.  Having to move.  Stressful changes at work.  Not so good changes in finances.  And yet, I am hopeful.  I think I was supposed to learn some lessons this year, and I hope I have learned from some of the changes.  Some of what I had to re-learn is that things are impermanent and change happens.  I was reminded how important good friends are and there are people in my corner who have my back.   Because of good friends and "social capital" (a term I had never heard of), I landed on both feet and am in a good situation.

My outlook on 2020 is hopeful.  I'll roll with the work changes.  I'll still be able to budget for the hobby because it is important to me.  I plan on retiring from my full time job by the end of next year and pick up a part time gig to continue to have a sense of purpose and be of service to others...and to have money to budget for play time.  My health is good (for an old guy) and I look forward to 2020 with a smile on my face.  :)

20 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

The beginning of the year was great. I bought a new car finally. That caused me to slow down on my drinking, because I was no longer ubering everywhere. Our family dog Dobby passed away. He was 10 yrs old. That was a tough one. I was struggling a bit in my family life, and experienced a little work burn out for a few months. I picked up a second job that I love to combat the burn out by working less. That worked wonders. I no longer feel the burn out and our family struggles seem to have passed. I paid off a bunch of debt and increased my credit score bigtime. That was a major goal of mine for this year. Yay for that. I got a beautiful sweet little girl named Luna who completely changed my world. She's the best thing to happen to me in years. She's a shar pei mix, and I love her to pieces. I needed a companion, and one that didn't have two legs. Lol. We came into each others lives right on time.

What will make next year special? I've reevaluated my life a lot this year, changed and grown so much. I have balance in my life again. I hope to continue on a path of moderation, keep up my spirit of giving, love my family and friends like no bodies business, stay out of my comfort zone more, and travel more. Oh and Luna and I will be getting a new place in February, so finally putting some roots down in Denver after 4 yrs! Lol

Great post Kishon!

Hunter sorry for your loss, I experienced the same thing early this year so I can relate. I m so happy for you and Luna to have found each other “true unconditional love” is an amazing thing. Good job on credit score that is awesome. Take good care of you, your important! 

This was a great year. Had some ups and downs, more ups then downs and some great learning lessons. I was able to help some great people with the tools to help themselves reach their goals, both in business and in their personal life’s. I finally took my own advice and set good boundaries and made myself important... which made me better for everyone in my life and business. 
I hope you all had some good this year and more great next year!! 

This past year has been very good for me the opportunity to travel both abroad and within our great country has kept me busy. Being with friends both new and old has been a blessing cancel. Wishing all a fantastic 2020

Overall a very good year for me.  I have pretty much retired from my big boy job although not completely but the decrease in the stress level has been wonderful.  I have had a lot more time to do the things I enjoy such as being with my dogs, doing more woodworking and volunteering a lot more.  I have had the pleasure of working with others who are more financially challenged than I and hope that I have been able to make a difference in their lives in some small way.

Even though I don't hobby as much as I have in the past I have been fortunate enough to meet some very nice people both in and out of this hobby.  I hope that 2020 is as good for me as this year has been and wishing that next year is better for you as well.

17 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

@JRWolfe glad you survived everything this year, and I hope you have a better year in 2020. A year of good strong recovery. 

@Nicholeofdenver Love you so much sweet Nichole. I'm always here for you, through the good times and bad. 

Nichole of Denver, My son mas murdered at age five, a couple decades ago,so can feel your pain.Big hugs to you.Nice that you have two ladies to turn to.Its tough to endure such a loss.

Hunter,thanks, Hoping to get busy next year.Thinking about compiling the old film negatives into a photo book. (Music Industry ,no one cares about Adult Industry ) Have to do something to feel productive. (not plugging a product mods,just considering some form of work ) .

21 hours ago, Nicholeofdenver said:

This was the worse year of my life as my son passed away. However I have had a chance to become great friends with Hunter and Kali due to my tragedy . And I love both ladies dearly they have both been great friends. I hope that next year is a better year for me as my life will never be the same.

Next year is going to be great. we will have much to celebrate. cheers! :)

On 12/14/2019 at 2:19 PM, JRWolfe said:

Hoping 2020 will be a lot better.

Hoping that for you man!

This year has been a rollercoaster but in a good way. I've made some really good friends and learned plenty of good lessons that will hopefully carry me into the New Year. 

To be Honest this first year I've been genuinely excited for the upcoming year. See ya soon 2020

This year I finally decided to enjoy life, at the expense of my business. In 2020 I will have to get back to putting in long hours. I was finally able to join P411 but the girl I had wanted to see went inactive, just as I joined. . Still I met a couple dozen ladies. I burned through 2 sugar babies, while they burned through my savings.  Took care of one of the best dogs I have ever met for 4 months.  I was supposed to have visitation privileges but as much as I tried, it was still a no.  I still have my health and immediate family is doing good. Next year I plan to still be in the hobby but maybe not as much as this year. I still will be here as much as possible. I love this site and appreciate you all for being here.

My year is ending up being very lucrative on the financial side after closing a couple of very difficult and time consuming deals. It has allowed me to be able to donate around 1/4 of my earnings to some worthy charities, which is cool. But the one thing that makes me the happiest and fulfilled are my dog rescues. I have saved 33 dogs from euthanization this year. At this point in my life I don't care any longer about buying another airplane, car or other materialistic crap. Feels good. On the negative side I've lost several really good friends and an old squadron bud that I had known all the way back from my UPT days.

14 hours ago, Thecoach said:

Hunter sorry for your loss, I experienced the same thing early this year so I can relate. I m so happy for you and Luna to have found each other “true unconditional love” is an amazing thing. Good job on credit score that is awesome. Take good care of you, your important! 

14 hours ago, Thecoach said:

This was a great year. Had some ups and downs, more ups then downs and some great learning lessons. I was able to help some great people with the tools to help themselves reach their goals, both in business and in their personal life’s. I finally took my own advice and set good boundaries and made myself important... which made me better for everyone in my life and business. 
I hope you all had some good this year and more great next year!! 

Thanks Coach. This has made a world of difference in my life this year. In my loved one's lives too. I'm glad to hear the same has helped you too. ❤

2 hours ago, contrails said:

My year is ending up being very lucrative on the financial side after closing a couple of very difficult and time consuming deals. It has allowed me to be able to donate around 1/4 of my earnings to some worthy charities, which is cool. But the one thing that makes me the happiest and fulfilled are my dog rescues. I have saved 33 dogs from euthanization this year. At this point in my life I don't care any longer about buying another airplane, car or other materialistic crap. Feels good. On the negative side I've lost several really good friends and an old squadron bud that I had known all the way back from my UPT days.

You are the man contrails! I tip my hat to you! You are doing great things! Awesome that you have saved many dogs! I'm sure you will always keep up the love for our furry friends. 

People have their calling in life. It's obvious you found yours. Like you, I give to many charities/organizations. All mine are animal related. Contribute monthly to several organizations. When I work downtown, I can't walk by a homeless person without buying food for their pet.

A great young lady in Portland I know has cut back being a provider. As she now dedicates 80% of her time to an animal rescue she started up. It's now been a year for her. Her rescue is gaining momentum! It's pretty noble stuff!

Thank you for being a compassionate and great human contrails, here's to drinking a toast of Bushmills for you! 

20 hours ago, average1 said:

Lots of change this year.  Losing my second job and place to live.  Having to move.  Stressful changes at work.  Not so good changes in finances.  And yet, I am hopeful.  I think I was supposed to learn some lessons this year, and I hope I have learned from some of the changes.  Some of what I had to re-learn is that things are impermanent and change happens.  I was reminded how important good friends are and there are people in my corner who have my back.   Because of good friends and "social capital" (a term I had never heard of), I landed on both feet and am in a good situation.

My outlook on 2020 is hopeful.  I'll roll with the work changes.  I'll still be able to budget for the hobby because it is important to me.  I plan on retiring from my full time job by the end of next year and pick up a part time gig to continue to have a sense of purpose and be of service to others...and to have money to budget for play time.  My health is good (for an old guy) and I look forward to 2020 with a smile on my face.  :)

Your year sounds similar to mine Average 1 I  am seriously struggling too with major changes. Lost my dad a year ago today. I also lost my day job. So much of my silly personal identity was caught up in working that job. After 19 years poof! Not going to even talk about my dad...Moving on and looking for the lessons. I am focused on the beauty and strength! Yes I am gathering so much!!! 😘😘 2020 is going to bring on great change for us all that have struggled through this last year! This I do believe!

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Your year sounds similar to mine Average 1 I  am seriously struggling too with major changes. Lost my dad a year ago today. I also lost my day job. So much of my silly personal identity was caught up in working that job. After 19 years poof! Not going to even talk about my dad...Moving on and looking for the lessons. I am focused on the beauty and strength! Yes I am gathering so much!!! 😘😘 2020 is going to bring on great change for us all that have struggled through this last year! This I do believe!

Kali, I know losing your dad was so tough to deal with, especially because you were so close with him.  And we can get "self defined" by our jobs.  Sometimes I have to remember that I am not my job, though I enjoy it.  Let's make 2020 a great year and find ways to learn, love, enjoy fully the opportunities and people that come into our lives.  :)

I've had a pretty darn good year.  Sure, always challenges, that's life.  Recently, a heart issue, but that's getting better.  I tend to be an optimist. :)

For the most part 2019 has been an OK year. It has had it's highs and it's lows.

The greatest high was becoming friends with a lady whom is spectacular, she is a provider. I did adopt a retired Guide dog for the blind, he is a real joy. Finances are doing fine and still working with my horses.

The lows are highlighted by a couple health issues of which we are trying to get under control. I did alienate a lady from the board, I am truly sorry that it happened.

Looking forward to 2020 to see what it will bring. I will do my best not to screw up.

Some up but also downs. Had to put my wife in a nursing home. Just could not manage to have her in my home. She is still mentally here (thank God), but has short term memory loss. Don't ask her what she had for breakfast, but remembers things a year ago. I live within a mile so I go to see her every day.  My dog, Goldendoodle, is loosing his hair. Vet says thyroid, but pills don't seem to help. However, this past week one of my granddaughters and her three kids came to visit for a week. Haven't seen them in about 10 years. Also number 3 daughter visited. Went to Puerto Vallarta for a week with Number 1 son and his wife. Great - low 80's no rain and it was an all inclusive so good food and as many drinks as you want. Pool/beach side service. My ATF lost her son. Feel so bad for her. But saw the great side of the hobby when her cohorts stepped up to help. Still have to use a walker, but can get around fairly well. Steps aren't great. My number 2 son now lives with me and takes wonderful care of me. Sometimes I think he babies me too much.

The Good things are this this year , Met a lot of new friends this year in Denver :D had a lot of fun with them . 

The Not so Good .. My  Rotator  Cuff has a 7mm tear to witch i'm doing PT 

My Cholesterol if high :( just found out , So i'm doing low fat high fiber diet , well im working on it lol

I rally don't have any other then this to report for the most part my life is just the same as always 

I stay out of drama the family & friends 

Just Live Like There Is No Tomorrow ..:rolleyes:

The year has been mixed.

-  I had an on&off civilian relationship, complicated by her living in the U.K., until I realized that she was wack-a-doodle.  I decided that I didn’t need the BS. 😰

-  Spent the Spring traveling, exploring the Big Bend area of TX. 🧐

-  Had a wonderful trip with a favorite YL, marred only by a minor injury (mostly recovered now).  Loving my new truck/trailer lash-up. 😜

-  Finally met a ‘new to me’ TOB gal during my brief summer visit to CO.  I hope to see more of her. 🤫

-  I’m getting settled in my TX digs.  Both old & new friends, with lots of fun activities.  We lost a few of the movers & shakers here, so I’ve stepped up run a few of those events.🤨

-  Still enjoying Scotch, cigars, country dancing and my guitar.😁

Edited by Bit Banger