Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flanker-9057

Provider Reviews of Members - Can we Defend Ourselves?

6 posts in this topic

I had a "tiff" with a provider some months back.  She engaged in false advertising and tried to double my fee once I showed up to her place.  I called her on it and posted then after messaging with her I deleted my post due to lack of clarity.  Thought we resolved it.  Since then, i have been told twice now that she has contacted other providers to smear me and had one other provider apparently join her in posting a negative "review" of me as a member here.  I know it is false but am concerned of my reputation in here.  I have been in here over 10 years including through a name-change not of my creation but with a very good history.   How can we members defend ourselves against this kind of nastiness please?

47 minutes ago, Flanker-9057 said:

I had a "tiff" with a provider some months back.  She engaged in false advertising and tried to double my fee once I showed up to her place.  I called her on it and posted then after messaging with her I deleted my post due to lack of clarity.  Thought we resolved it.  Since then, i have been told twice now that she has contacted other providers to smear me and had one other provider apparently join her in posting a negative "review" of me as a member here.  I know it is false but am concerned of my reputation in here.  I have been in here over 10 years including through a name-change not of my creation but with a very good history.   How can we members defend ourselves against this kind of nastiness please?

You really can't. The provider's who know you well can defend you, but you can't stop a provider from sharing her opinion of you. She has her version of how everything went down. Like you said lack of clarity. It reminds me a little of a recent post about one member reaching out to another member regarding a yes review he posted. The reviewer then began saying all these negative things about her. She probably has no idea he is giving a negative opinion out to anyone who asks him about her, especially because he posted a yes review, so she is not able to come here and post a rebuttal and defend herself. What I'm trying to say is none of us can stop anyone from spreading lies, rumors, negative opinions about ourselves. Hopefully you have a good reputation with several providers established, so you'll be okay. I've always felt a client or providers reputation speaks for itself. I've gone to bat for my clients if I feel a provider is in the wrong. I've also dropped a reference for a client when a I felt he was in the wrong. All you can do is share your version, and let the chips fall where they may. Just my opinion. 

I've always thought it was counter-productive to get into a pissing match with anyone, providers included. (I've done it, and regretted it.)

If you have some providers who've given you references, go see them again. Then book some new ladies using those references. Eventually, you'll regain your rep.

18 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

You really can't. The provider's who know you well can defend you, but you can't stop a provider from sharing her opinion of you. She has her version of how everything went down. Like you said lack of clarity. It reminds me a little of a recent post about one member reaching out to another member regarding a yes review he posted. The reviewer then began saying all these negative things about her. She probably has no idea he is giving a negative opinion out to anyone who asks him about her, especially because he posted a yes review, so she is not able to come here and post a rebuttal and defend herself. What I'm trying to say is none of us can stop anyone from spreading lies, rumors, negative opinions about ourselves. Hopefully you have a good reputation with several providers established, so you'll be okay. I've always felt a client or providers reputation speaks for itself. I've gone to bat for my clients if I feel a provider is in the wrong. I've also dropped a reference for a client when a I felt he was in the wrong. All you can do is share your version, and let the chips fall where they may. Just my opinion. 

Thanks so much for your thoughts.  I really appreciate how you explained this.  It is how I feel, also.  I did have a couple provider friends tell me they reached out to this one to discuss, but I understand fell on deaf ears.  I have moved on, but was interested in feedback here, too.  Thanks again, Hunter, for being so nice.  M

That really sucks 😞 . I'm sorry to hear that. Honestly  the other providers should give you a t least one session. I mean, I don't base my clientele by what other say. I make the appointment in good faith. Then Go From there. Good luck.