No One In Particular

Are TOB references useful as references?

20 posts in this topic

I have a bunch of TOB references, but what do they look like to providers?

The reason I asked is of late sending my TOB references doesn't seem sufficient as a "provide references" mechanism. I'm not sure if there's something more I should be doing, such as contacting providers directly and asking for a reference beyond the request button.

Don't misunderstand, I am not complaining about the need to provide references, I just want to make this as easy as possible and want to know "best practices."

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, No One In Particular said:

I have a bunch of TOB references, but what do they look like to providers?

The reason I asked is of late sending my TOB references doesn't seem sufficient as a "provide references" mechanism. I'm not sure if there's something more I should be doing, such as contacting providers directly and asking for a reference beyond the request button.

Don't misunderstand, I am not complaining about the need to provide references, I just want to make this as easy as possible and want to know "best practices."

Thanks in advance.

When you say it's not sufficient, what is the exact issue you are running into? What feedback from the providers are you getting?

When I clicked on your profile,  I see your refs are from 2018. Your last review from this year is from a retired provider. A lot of providers require current references. That might be the issue. 🤷‍♀️

Funny thing is, there are still a lot of girls out there who’s idea of screening is asking you via text message if you are affiliated with law enforcement.  I mean, if you are, you have to tell them, right? :)  Screening done.  I honestly wonder...was there ever a time in our history when that was true?  Hasn’t everyone seen Breaking Bad by now?

13 hours ago, No One In Particular said:

I tend to become a regular, so though I have seen someone recently the reference shows as old.

Same here, ask for updates from the regular friends.

I guess my failing was assuming references were "We approve of this person, and still do," not "He was OK when we added this."

26 minutes ago, No One In Particular said:

I guess my failing was assuming references were "We approve of this person, and still do," not "He was OK when we added this."

The thinking behind providers asking for/only giving current references is that ppl change. Go from good to bad. It happens. My thinking is that can happen at any point. It can happen within their 3mo period, or 6mo, or 12mo. It can happen the day after honestly. 

When I give a reference, I'm just sharing how he was during our visit. I'm not vouching for him or taking any responsibility for him. So I'll give a reference forever. I will let the ladies know if its been a year or 2 since I've seen him. Every lady has to decide for her self if they want to accept the ref and the see the guy, or require additional references. 

If you've seen any of your 2018 TOB refs in 2019, just give them to the provider you are trying to see now. Also, I gave you a TOB ref less than a year ago. Use me. 

3 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Same here, ask for updates from the regular friends.

I know you cannot request a reference from a lady who has already given you one, but is that lady able to go in and update that reference?

I was wondering this same thing. Can I ask a lady to update their reference or do I need to delete it and request a new one?

3 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

I know you cannot request a reference from a lady who has already given you one, but is that lady able to go in and update that reference?

I'm only given the option to withdraw the reference. I have no idea if the mods will let them request a reference again?

The update thing is a good point.  Just because a reference was given a long time ago doesn’t necessarily mean it’s no longer current.  But if there’s no option to update it as “still applies”, then that makes the date on the reference a negative thing to have.

5 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

Oops, I was thinking of P411 OKs, which can be updated, sorry for any confusion.

So I guess that brings the question full circle; should we delete a reference from a lady and ask for a new one periodically?

Providers aren’t notified when someone shares references. Your username is just added to a long list of other usernames. The best course of action is to send her a message notifying her that you shared the references. I hope this helps ❤️

16 minutes ago, No One In Particular said:

So I guess that brings the question full circle; should we delete a reference from a lady and ask for a new one periodically?

Have you reached out to a moderator yet? If it were me, I would go straight to the source.

4 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Have you reached out to a moderator yet? If it were me, I would go straight to the source.

We are working on  a major update to be released after the first of the year and updating will be possible. As of now you cannot unless you delete it, however, requesting a new one will get your references blocked as the system flags that as spamming a providers references.

39 minutes ago, TheWhisperer said:

We are working on  a major update to be released after the first of the year and updating will be possible. As of now you cannot unless you delete it, however, requesting a new one will get your references blocked as the system flags that as spamming a providers references.

Something to look forward to. Thanks. 💙

On 11/6/2019 at 2:53 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

When I clicked on your profile,  I see your refs are from 2018. Your last review from this year is from a retired provider. A lot of providers require current references. That might be the issue. 🤷‍♀️

Thank you for that bit of information! Didn't even think about that! Will have to update mine.  I