Calik8

What are your hobbies out side the hobby?

30 posts in this topic

What do you do out side the hobby for a hobby? 

Personally I game console games  and Nero  Science. 

7 minutes ago, Calik8 said:

What do you do out side the hobby for a hobby? 

Personally I game console games  and Nero  Science. 

Travel, woodworking, cycling

For games, go & dominoes

Music, reading and cooking.  I've become a homebody...except when playing a gig.

Jumping out of airplanes and skiing down mountains (or fishing in rivers, depending on the weather).

Ooops, I meant to say: "I like taking long walks on the beach at sunset, holding hands, playing with my dog, and just listening...."

Last few months been working with a buddy on a fix and flip.  Some of it torn down to studs.  Complete gut of the kitchen, bathroom, etc.  

Besides that fishing, shooting, motorcycling.

I play music in a band. After I hit 60, I started to revisit favorite places I haven't seen in a while. (Red Rocks, Golden's main street, Lookout Mountain, my old grade school and high school, Waffle House, etc.) :)

I do lots of woodwI working from building furniture to lathe work.  have taken up stained glass and want to get into pottery.  Also ski, snowshoe and of course fishing but these are sports I guess rather than hobbies. 

2 hours ago, coolhand luke said:

I do lots of woodwI working from building furniture to lathe work.  have taken up stained glass and want to get into pottery.  

Thats awesome! 

Dogs.  Beaches.  Music.  Dogs.  Mountains.  Dogs.  Beaches.  Dogs.  Music.  Dogs.  Mountains.  

Strength training, cooking, gardening, canning, hiking, fly fishing, deep sea fishing and taking leisurely bicycle rides along the Jordan River Trail

51 minutes ago, Annekeslc said:

Strength training, cooking, gardening, canning, hiking, fly fishing, deep sea fishing and taking leisurely bicycle rides along the Jordan River Trail

I’m in love😎

Playing music, reading, steam engines and a Boss 302 'Stang; not necessarily in that order. ;)

Reading - voraciously.  Some Netflix/Amazon.  Writing poetry and music. Learning in general.  Travel.  My dog - she should be first, actually.  Walking/hikes/working out, now that I can again.

Edited by Phil-anderer

On 10/24/2019 at 6:13 PM, BadBoy said:

Ooops, I meant to say: "I like taking long walks on the beach at sunset, holding hands, playing with my dog, and just listening...."

Got to call "BULL SHIT" on that one.:huh:B)

On 10/24/2019 at 4:30 PM, Bit Banger said:

Travel, woodworking, cycling

For games, go & dominoes

Forgot to add that I’m a student of classic guitar.  I find the daily practice soothes my soul.

I am a parent of two teens I do not have time for hobbies or a life lol, unless coffee in my pjs with my friend on Sunday's counts lol!

I bake. It is more scientific and specific. Like my job. Unlike cooking, you can't just add to the mix, to doctor things up. When I get free time , I just sleep and watch tv. I work to much.

On 10/27/2019 at 2:57 PM, mountainrider33 said:

'69?  That's my second favorite Mustang.  First being a 1968 Shelby GT350, blue with white stripes.

2013. One of the new ones.

My 2 yr old grandson, golf, bowling , 4 wheeling, dirt bikes,  RV road trips and roughing it in the motorhome,  a little skiing , retired motocross and enduro racer

I rescue dogs which takes up almost 75% of my free time. I also have my own airplane and use it for Angel Flight and Wounded Warrior transport. These are medical transport flights for low income folks and vets needing to go VA  or regular hospitals. Other than that I'm a pretty boring guy. 

Edited by contrails

Up until 4 years ago I enjoyed fishing, bowling, golfing and working out in the gym 2 hours a day everyday.  Then I compressed a disc in my back, could barely walk for 3 months and spinal surgeon told me if it happens again he will have to modify my spine and insert rods.

Today, I am afraid to do anything that will impact my spine.

I am going to go the golf range and hit a small bucket of balls when it warms back up.

Work, more work, and if I get a chance some Xbox, golf, gambling (Blackhawk > Vegas) and trying some new whiskey

Soooo many ways to fill my time ........ cooking in general, Photography, Scuba, '65 fastback Mustang, flyfishing, camping and atvs' and a little guitar playing.