lustybustygina

Do You All Stay In When It Snows ?

46 posts in this topic

Go out and make snow angles ?

Stay in and keep warm  ?

Go out and fined a Snow Bunny ? 

Hot Tub it ?

Drink Hot Drinks ?

Skiing ?

Don't go to work?

Just  what do you like to do ?

 

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am lucky enough to have a hot tub so that helps me get through these winters. How about you Gina?

Edited by nordicorigin
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the time is right, I love the snow.  Something about it "hushes" some of the excess noise we encounter in everyday life.  And...I know I'm a bit strange (in a number of ways), but I even enjoy driving in snow (not ice).  Bundling up, getting bit cold, then back in for a hot cup of coffee or tea can make for a great day.  Having someone to "get warm with" can also make a snowy day both special and memorable.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do whatever I had planned, like go to work, shop, get food, see an escort, whatevs...Unless it's a blizzard - then I stay in.:)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nordicorigin said:

I am lucky enough to have a hot tub so that helps me get through these winters. How about you Gina?

well no hot tub ,, just Hot lol :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, average1 said:

If the time is right, I love the snow.  Something about it "hushes" some of the excess noise we encounter in everyday life.  And...I know I'm a bit strange (in a number of ways), but I even enjoy driving in snow (not ice).  Bundling up, getting bit cold, then back in for a hot cup of coffee or tea can make for a great day.  Having someone to "get warm with" can also make a snowy day both special and memorable.

Not that sounds nice.. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to make warming foods, open my curtains and watch the snow falling. Afterwards, I relish walking in the neighborhood and feeling/hearing the crunching of the freshly fallen snow, breathing in the clean air (we get the inversion here, so snowfall is much appreciated to cleanse the air) and appreciating the silence that overtakes the world for a bit.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For natives like myself, it's just another day, and like @pfunk says, we just do what we were planning on doing.  I'm hearing anything from 1.3" to 4"+.  The stranger thing for this snow storm is the temps are dropping into the teens.

But, like everything else, we'll bounce back by the weekend! kmgh_7day.jpg

Edited by BigBaldBlk
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lustybustygina said:

Go out and make snow angles ?

Stay in and keep warm  ?

Go out and fined a Snow Bunny ? 

Hot Tub it ?

Drink Hot Drinks ?

Skiing ?

Don't go to work?

Just  what do you like to do ?

 

 

 

 

All of those above

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it snows life goes on. Still have to work, shop, drive, etc. Though if I am out in the woods at night, I like to  sit down and listen to the snow as it falls through the branches. Everything else is silent except for the snow. It is calming.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like fall and esp, when it snows in the fall.  Not one to stay indoors unless really cold. like below zero.  dogs and I like to go snow shoeing.  they start off breaking trail for me but I always end up shortly breaking trail for them.  When it gets cold enough I like to go ice fishing.  the dogs do too but I bring a bundle of furniture pads for us to lie on the ice on.  they are always surprised when I bring a fish out of the ice hole.  Life goes on rain, snow or sunshine.  I don't bull rush through the day.  Guess you have to get a little life on you to feel that way.  I do have a little life on me.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Not a fan of the snow,which is why I wintered in Pasadena for work.   Nothing like having Colorado friends calling my cell to bitch about the snowy weather,while I hang out at the beach and send them selfies.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

  Nothing like having Colorado friends calling my cell to bitch about the snowy weather,while I hang out at the beach and send them selfies.

Aw now, is that a nice thing to do?  Rubbing salt in our wounds :D:D  LOL

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on how much. If deep get out the snow blower clear the sidewalks around me and my driveway then start the fireplace and coffee pot and relax with a friend 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lustybustygina said:

Wow Snowing out .. it's here now what ?

 

 

          Hot tea and snuggle time. (with blankets,no females here today )

           Bummed that my ride to Kaiser canceled ! Its not that deep out...is it ?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i love being out in the snow!!!

sadly this whole year i have battled back issues and recently was left with no other choice and had open back surgery and will be sidelined for 6-8 months - hoping to get off this walker soon - so - no snow for me - no free healing for me this season - no hiking in it - no snowshoeing - so bummed...

for you other snow hounds - do go out and share your stories so i can vicariously live it up through you all!!

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, hornyoldtoad said:

i love being out in the snow!!!

sadly this whole year i have battled back issues and recently was left with no other choice and had open back surgery and will be sidelined for 6-8 months - hoping to get off this walker soon - so - no snow for me - no free healing for me this season - no hiking in it - no snowshoeing - so bummed...

for you other snow hounds - do go out and share your stories so i can vicariously live it up through you all!!

 

Oh man that has to sucks .. They want me to have Rotator Cuff surgery for a 7mm tear . But for now im only doing PT to see if will repair it over time ..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hornyoldtoad said:

 

sadly this whole year i have battled back issues and recently was left with no other choice and had open back surgery and will be sidelined for 6-8 months - hoping to get off this walker soon -

 

  Hey,I was happy to go from wheelchair to walker. Now its 10 steps a day without it.Progress is slow,but be patient...you will get there.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

  Hey,I was happy to go from wheelchair to walker. Now its 10 steps a day without it.Progress is slow,but be patient...you will get there.

That's very good ,,Thank you 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

  Hey,I was happy to go from wheelchair to walker. Now its 10 steps a day without it.Progress is slow,but be patient...you will get there.

That’s great JR

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

  Hey,I was happy to go from wheelchair to walker. Now its 10 steps a day without it.Progress is slow,but be patient...you will get there.

patience is something i am quickly learning that i had less of than i thought...

i keep banging the damn walker into things but PT is starting up and i'm hoping that will get me on track...

Hang in JR - rooting for you man!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lustybustygina said:

Oh man that has to sucks .. They want me to have Rotator Cuff surgery for a 7mm tear . But for now im only doing PT to see if will repair it over time ..

always try non-invasive therapies first - rotators can heal that way - stick to it and eat more protein it helps the body repair...

avoid surgery at all costs if you can...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 6:57 PM, lustybustygina said:

Go out and make snow angles ?

Stay in and keep warm  ?

Go out and fined a Snow Bunny ? 

Hot Tub it ?

Drink Hot Drinks ?

Skiing ?

Don't go to work?

Just  what do you like to do ?

 

 

 

 

Just live life like normal.  Got back today from a fantastic vacay to Seattle and there was talk of nasty weather.  Sun was shining and I got to make a snow angel.  
 

Life is good. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great time for an outcall :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hornyoldtoad said:

 

i keep banging the damn walker into things but PT is starting up and i'm hoping that will get me on track...

      Never had that problem with my walker ,just go slow with it and the bumper car syndrome will disappear. did you get a tray to fasten onto your walker. I got one at a place on 52nd ave. Makes carrying food and drinks a LOT easier. Spillage can result in slips and falls...which you do not need.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Great time for an outcall :P

  If you can talk someone into driving to you !!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Laci French said:

 I got to make a snow angel.  
 

 

   Thought you were an angel.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get excited by snow unless there is enough to snowshoe in. Otherwise, it's just a nuisance! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now