Hunter VanDyke

Last Weekend of Summer

37 posts in this topic

It's officially the last weekend of Summer. Normally I can't wait for the fall/winter seasons to get here, but this summer was mainly filled with have to's and not want to's for me.  I'm filling a little tug at my heart letting this summer go. 

I hope you're all making the most out of this weekend...listening to some good music, enjoying the sunshine, and being with the ones you love. 🌞

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

5 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

It's officially the last weekend of Summer. Normally I can't wait for the fall/winter seasons to get here, but this summer was mainly filled with have to's and not want to's for me.  I'm filling a little tug at my heart letting this summer go. 

I hope you're all making the most out of this weekend...listening to some good music, enjoying the sunshine, and being with the ones you love. 🌞

It's always sad when summer comes to an end, but I've found that here in Colorado all of the seasons have appeal and are worth looking forward.  One of the benefits of living in this great state.  But, I agree.  Summer is hardest one to say goodbye to.

I just hope we get a rerun of the last year when it comes to the weather.

Huge wet mountain snows, moisture and more moisture.

Gotta love it when you hear of snowpacks that are 750% above normal in mid June.

Please let’s do it again!

Colorado rules!

The weather this weekend is great. Trying to enjoy it but spending a lot of it driving around looking for one of my dogs that got out because someone left the gate open.

Roasting, peeling, vacuum bagging, freezing 2 bushels of Pueblo's finest.  It is a pain, but well worth it to have chiles thru winter. How can you get thru winter without chile?? B) 

It is cool and raining here in KC. No outdoor activities this weekend. Expecting anywhere from 3 to 5 inches. Rain of course.

4 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

It's officially the last weekend of Summer.

Sadly,none of the above. Just kicking it back at home and feeling groovy.

Outside activities in the springs and beautiful weather all over Colorado makes 4 a perfect end to Summer just stay away from I-70

5 hours ago, gr8owl said:

How can you get thru winter without chile?? B) 

Good mexican restaurants! :D

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

Good mexican restaurants! :D

Well, from my perspective eating at home is much less expensive, I know what is in it, it is healthier and most generally tastes better - to me anyway, and I am the only one that counts cause the cat doesn't care.  Sooooo ..... I need my chiles. :)

I didn’t get the chance to to go rafting like I usually like to do this time of year... this summer was busier than most for me, so I wish I had more time... always listen to great music though no matter the season, I did attend some good summer concerts though... football season is here so I like that aspect... although my teams are looking like stir fried crap...😂. Hunter I hope you’re doing well...:)

Though I will miss parts of summer (not the upper 90's heat), fall is my favorite time of the year.  Love the colors, the scents, the cool nights and pleasant days, some good football, the World Series (which won't include the Rockies...par for the course) and the anticipation of holidays to come.

Awwwwee man, I didn’t realize this is the last summer weekend. Boooo.  

I went to an outdoor concert last night, and then dancing. 

@Hunter VanDyke I think that for the winter, we need to go to the mountains, and have a girls weekend... get snowed in, hot tubs, games, tubing, cinnamon whiskey....   

7 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

@Hunter VanDyke I think that for the winter, we need to go to the mountains, and have a girls weekend... get snowed in, hot tubs, games, tubing, cinnamon whiskey....   

Did you get rained on last night?

Fall Equinox happens at 1:50am on 9/23!  Also, supposed to be near 90's on Thursday!

My summer was full of many adventures, but unfortunately not as much with any of the fine ladies here as I would've liked. Dammit.

I've always felt that September is the best month to be in Colorado. The monsoons are done, the temperatures are moderate, it's too early for snow (usually...don't bother pointing out the exceptions), the fall colors come out - even if they're a bit late this year, and the daylight hours are still pretty long. I love summer, but September is probably my favorite month in CO.

Edited by Just Another Guy

1 hour ago, Just Another Guy said:

My summer was full of many adventures, but unfortunately not as much with any of the fine ladies here as I would've liked. Dammit.

So glad to hear you had some great summer adventures JAG. 😘😘😘

Looks like mine will be in the fall and winter this year. Better late then never. Life's short, and I'll take them when I can get them. ❤

You can always spend the rest of the year keping the ladies busy. 😎

On 9/21/2019 at 10:03 PM, gr8owl said:

Well, from my perspective eating at home is much less expensive, I know what is in it, it is healthier and most generally tastes better - to me anyway, and I am the only one that counts cause the cat doesn't care.  Sooooo ..... I need my chiles. :)

I'll take home cooking over a restaurant any day

10 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

So glad to hear you had some great summer adventures JAG. 😘😘😘

Looks like mine will be in the fall and winter this year. Better late then never. Life's short, and I'll take them when I can get them. ❤

You can always spend the rest of the year keping the ladies busy. 😎

A nice warm lady on a cold winter's day sounds like a great idea...  :P

11 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

@Audrey Astor That sounds so fun. I love dancing. Glad you made the most out of your weekend. ❤

I have to pass on the girls weekend trip, but I know you ladies will have a blast, get trashed, get naked, and whoop it up. Give the guys something to fantasize about. 😁

Have fun ladies. 💋

It is officially Fall.  Cooler weather has set in.  I’ve noticed some leaves starting to turn.

6 hours ago, lustybustygina said:

When summer is over it's seems the year is all most over ..   

I do feel a sense of urgency to pack in as most fun as possible before 2020 gets here!

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Someone had to say it 😂😂

Well I was at Lowes on Monday and they already had the Christmas displays up.

12 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

Well I was at Lowes on Monday and they already had the Christmas displays up.

thats just a Lowes blow....;)