Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Just Jos

My date that ended in tears

35 posts in this topic

Kids are great, but can be challenging. :)  I hope you got it all straightened out. I've had some interesting emergency parenting calls myself. Any parent would understand.

Maybe you could offer to try something new with him; something that will make it a special visit?

Hey girl, parenting IS fun, and it doesnt just stop when they turn 18 either. Lol. I recently had a not so great experience with a client, mine was from dealing with a crises with one of mine over a 24hr period, laying down thinking i could get at least a couple hours of sleep, and then sleeping through our appt. He was not too happy or understanding, but I could put myself in his shoes, and understand my problems were not his problems. Mine was not like yours where it was in the middle of a session, mine was a straight NCNS, and of course I felt horribly about it.  I offered him a free session at any time or date of his choosing which he found acceptable and took me up on. He left a tip that was a 3rd of my donation.  I was very grateful he let me make up the session with him, and made sure to set aside plenty of time for him, a couple hours, so we wouldn't be rushed in anyway and could relax and enjoy ourselves. I hope he did enjoy himself.  I would say because yours was in the middle of your session, and he was understanding and sympathetic, do as Bit Banger suggested and offer him an extended session at your hourly rate at any date or time of his choosing and make it special. Life happens ya know. It just does. It says a lot about him to be kind and thoughtful during your crisis, and a lot about you that you have a strong desire to show him your appreciation for his undertstanding. The make up session will  amazing I'm sure. Sounds like a little bonding happened last time which will make the next time even better. You're a class act Jos, and this post shows it. Hugs to you and your family. 💙

15 hours ago, Just Jos said:

H I told him I’d tack on some extra time to whatever length app if he chooses to book again.

So, in the middle of your "emergency" you managed to do an upsell. Nice! My kinda girl.;)

12 hours ago, daaacz said:

Maybe you could offer to try something new with him; something that will make it a special visit?

I agree: anal or threesome.

12 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

sleeping through our appt. He was not too happy or understanding, 

Shrug. Wouldn't have bothered me.-_-

9 minutes ago, 2Big said:

Yeah, don't mind me at all. Remind me to leave a key under the matt 😂😂😂

I don’t see a response from bit, did I accidentally block him?! It would totally be an accident as I have yet to block anyone on any board yet LOL

Thank you for your kind words Hunter and daaz. Im feeling like I need some sort of support group for mothers of teenagers 🤣 

2big - I like the double suggestion. I could actually probably work that out! You  made me chuckle today. The Upsell comment - obviously not what I was trying to do but you’re kinda right in a hilarious not on purpose way. Hahahaha 🤭🤣🙃👏 

Thank you guys for listening. Parenting is hard. Anyone have any experience with boarding school?  Like do you still love your parents when you come back? 😜🤷🏽‍♀️ Hahahahaha. 

40 minutes ago, Just Jos said:

I don’t see a response from bit, did I accidentally block him?! It would totally be an accident as I have yet to block anyone on any board yet LOL

Thank you for your kind words Hunter and daaz. Im feeling like I need some sort of support group its for mothers of teenagers 🤣 

2big - I like the double suggestion. I could actually probably work that out! You  made me chuckle today. The Upsell comment - obviously not what I was trying to do but you’re kinda right in a hilarious not on purpose way. Hahahaha 🤭🤣🙃👏 

Thank you guys for listening. Parenting is hard. Anyone have any experience with boarding school?  Like do you still love your parents when you come back? 😜🤷🏽‍♀️ Hahahahaha. 

It was on another thread, sorry. I forget everyone doesn't live on TOB. 😂

You're very welcome. Yes mother's need a lot of support, especially single mother's, and we get so much of that here in this community. We're very fortunate in Denver!

Jos, 

He sounds like a real gentleman and I am certain he will rebook an appointment.

As for parenting there is something new almost every day, Thats why we have grey hair.

Good luck and this will pass,

Jos,

So sorry you had a family emergency.  Hope everything turned out okay.

Life does happen and it is great the gentleman understood.

Your offer for extra time the next time you two get together I'm sure will be appreciated by him.  And of course anything else special you want to add to the date I'm sure he will be more than thrilled.

I would say additional time next appt for same $$ would be perfect.  As we knew already, you are a class act Ms. Jos.  

4 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Yeah, don't mind me at all. Remind me to leave a key under the matt 😂😂😂

He just might go have fun with Matt .

7 hours ago, Just Jos said:

The compassion he showed me in my time of need was so amazing and refreshing. I just hate that I ruined his fantasy experience by having to be a real person with feelings that day. I owe him and I need to do something above and beyond  

Real life happens when we least expect. Nice that he was compassionate and understanding.

At the very least, I would give him a free visit equal to the time he booked originally..

I admire you for wanting to make things right.

This gentleman sounds like a true gentleman. If it were me, I would love to have a dinner date with a lovely lady. Maybe he can't be seen in public. So another session like others have suggested might do the trick.

This reminds me of another recent thread about a lady checking her phone during a session, and kind of brought that into perspective.  It sounds like he acted like the gentlemen we all hope we would be in a similar situation.  Real life happens to all of us once in a while.  It's my guess that any type of offer that has been mentioned will be accepted and appreciated.

Ooohh I like the dinner date idea too, with picking up the tab if he’ll allow it as to not set him back any further 🤣 or perhaps I could cook him something (if he’s brave enough) or order in? I’ll give him a few options and he can pick what he thinks best. :) 

I normally NEVER check my phone it’s usually  on silent bc it plays the music so if it rings, music is interrupted and it’s obnoxious. I for some reason forgot to do that yesterday and when I started getting back to back calls I thought it was just all this recent spam I’ve been getting to my phone. (Anyone else? Stuff like you’ve won a free vacation or hotel stay or they are suspending my ss# blah blah blah) but no such luck Obvi. Lol

2 hours ago, Just Jos said:

Ooohh I like the dinner date idea too, with picking up the tab if he’ll allow it as to not set him back any further 🤣 or perhaps I could cook him something (if he’s brave enough) or order in? I’ll give him a few options and he can pick what he thinks best. :) 

Jos, you’re correct (as is Hunter) I have not responded to this thread.  That suggestion of mine was made on a thread about showing appreciation to regulars.  I like your idea of a dinner date or home cooked meal.  Both could be special experiences for an understanding gentleman.

3 hours ago, Just Jos said:

Food is a good idea ,unless he has an SO that could detect it on his breath. Hmm, maybe a threesome with  Hunter (example ) would be better ? A two for the price of one special ?

Suddenly all men just became compassionate.

A dinner date is an excellent idea for the next date.

Just Jos;

I hope everything worked out with the family crisis. I think you did the right thing in putting family first and it sounds like the gentleman you where with agrees with me. He is a true gentleman and I'm sure he left the appointment feeling good that he was able to be there for you and to provide you with some comfort and advice.. that is a feeling that can go beyond all others.

Extra time is business but what her gave you was something personal so I would show appreciation with something from the heart. I like the idea of dinner, even if it is in a private setting. If it was mean, that would mean a lot to me.

If he's a TOB client and reading this, I'm sure he understood what happened and more importantly you posting this thread just solidifies what a gent he is.  Like others have said, hope your emergency wasn't too bad!

1 hour ago, BigBaldBlk said:

If he's a TOB client and reading this, I'm sure he understood what happened and more importantly you posting this thread just solidifies what a gent he is.  Like others have said, hope your emergency wasn't too bad!

12 hours ago, daaacz said:

Kids are great, but can be challenging. :)  I hope you got it all straightened out. I've had some interesting emergency parenting calls myself. Any parent would understand.

12 hours ago, 2Big said:

So, in the middle of your "emergency" you managed to do an upsell. Nice! My kinda girl.;)

I agree: anal or threesome.

12 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Hey girl, parenting IS fun, and it doesnt just stop when they turn 18 either. Lol. I recently had a not so great experience with a client, mine was from dealing with a crises with one of mine over a 24hr period, laying down thinking i could get at least a couple hours of sleep, and then sleeping through our appt. He was not too happy or understanding, but I could put myself in his shoes, and understand my problems were not his problems. Mine was not like yours where it was in the middle of a session, mine was a straight NCNS, and of course I felt horribly about it.  I offered him a free session at any time or date of his choosing which he found acceptable and took me up on. He left a tip that was a 3rd of my donation.  I was very grateful he let me make up the session with him, and made sure to set aside plenty of time for him, a couple hours, so we wouldn't be rushed in anyway and could relax and enjoy ourselves. I hope he did enjoy himself.  I would say because yours was in the middle of your session, and he was understanding and sympathetic, do as Bit Banger suggested and offer him an extended session at your hourly rate at any date or time of his choosing and make it special. Life happens ya know. It just does. It says a lot about him to be kind and thoughtful during your crisis, and a lot about you that you have a strong desire to show him your appreciation for his undertstanding. The make up session will  amazing I'm sure. Sounds like a little bonding happened last time which will make the next time even better. You're a class act Jos, and this post shows it. Hugs to you and your family. 💙

11 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

Jos, 

He sounds like a real gentleman and I am certain he will rebook an appointment.

As for parenting there is something new almost every day, Thats why we have grey hair.

Good luck and this will pass,

10 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Jos,

So sorry you had a family emergency.  Hope everything turned out okay.

Life does happen and it is great the gentleman understood.

Your offer for extra time the next time you two get together I'm sure will be appreciated by him.  And of course anything else special you want to add to the date I'm sure he will be more than thrilled.

10 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I would say additional time next appt for same $$ would be perfect.  As we knew already, you are a class act Ms. Jos.  

7 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Real life happens when we least expect. Nice that he was compassionate and understanding.

7 hours ago, inkspot said:

At the very least, I would give him a free visit equal to the time he booked originally..

I admire you for wanting to make things right.

7 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

This gentleman sounds like a true gentleman. If it were me, I would love to have a dinner date with a lovely lady. Maybe he can't be seen in public. So another session like others have suggested might do the trick.

6 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

This reminds me of another recent thread about a lady checking her phone during a session, and kind of brought that into perspective.  It sounds like he acted like the gentlemen we all hope we would be in a similar situation.  Real life happens to all of us once in a while.  It's my guess that any type of offer that has been mentioned will be accepted and appreciated.

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Jos, you’re correct (as is Hunter) I have not responded to this thread.  That suggestion of mine was made on a thread about showing appreciation to regulars.  I like your idea of a dinner date or home cooked meal.  Both could be special experiences for an understanding gentleman.

2 hours ago, 2Big said:

Children are the ultimate cockblock.;):rolleyes:

2 hours ago, scarecrow said:

Just Jos;

I hope everything worked out with the family crisis. I think you did the right thing in putting family first and it sounds like the gentleman you where with agrees with me. He is a true gentleman and I'm sure he left the appointment feeling good that he was able to be there for you and to provide you with some comfort and advice.. that is a feeling that can go beyond all others.

Extra time is business but what her gave you was something personal so I would show appreciation with something from the heart. I like the idea of dinner, even if it is in a private setting. If it was mean, that would mean a lot to me.

15 hours ago, Just Jos said:

Hey y’all! Don’t want to get into trouble, hopefully I’m not saying too much, just want some input on this 

Hypothetically speaking of course 🤫 I had a lovely date yesterday. But half way into our hour app my personal phone kept ringing, I go to silence it and see a text msg that I need to answer the calls I’ve been missing. I apologized profusely and stepped into the next room. I got hit with a parent emergency that I will not go into. I’m on the phone for at least 15-20 mins dealing with a crisis. I go back into the room. Man is dressed and asks if I’m ok. I say no and break down. He held me, and listens to what I am now calling way too much info, gives me some advice and is on his way. Talk about a boner killer. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I tell him to take back half the donation and he refuses so I told him I’d tack on some extra time to whatever length app if he chooses to book again. I’m just feeling like I owe him more and want to be sure he’s super fulfilled IF he rebooks. I guess I’m just looking for ideas of nice things to do for this gent or a relatable post of that one time you had a date end in tears? Hahahahahaha 

The compassion he showed me in my time of need was so amazing and refreshing. I just hate that I ruined his fantasy experience by having to be a real person with feelings that day. I owe him and I need to do something above and beyond  

parenting is FUN 🤡

Just Jos;

The fact that you where effected so strongly over a family matter and that you wish to show appreciation to the person who's shoulder you cried on, says a lot about the person you are.

You have a big heart Jos, you have class and your family is lucky to have you in a time of crisis.

I hope it all works out for you.

Glory me, Just Jos is a saint. I'ma call the Pope.;)

fa13a6e47f621607906a6c3c9bdc6e42--patron

Edited by 2Big

On 9/19/2019 at 10:56 AM, Just Jos said:

Thank you for your kind words Hunter and daaz. Im feeling like I need some sort of support group for mothers of teenagers 🤣 

Life seems to happen when we try to have fun sometimes!

It's all good in my book Sweetie! Any good man here would understand a family emergency. The ones that don't, forget about them.

I hope everything worked out for you!

9 hours ago, 2Big said:

Glory me, Just Jos is a saint. I'ma call the Pope.;)

fa13a6e47f621607906a6c3c9bdc6e42--patron

Well now I just feel like you’re making fun of me 2big! 😭🥴😘 

but your comment made me decide on giving this man a redo. Free of any cost or tears bc that’s what he deserves. 💜

Jos, the responses you've gotten make me feel great about being part of this community.  Support and understanding goes a long way to making the world a better place.  Hope things are going better for you and I'm sending you good thoughts and intentions.  Take care.

Jos;

I have children who are grown and have children of their own now.  I think the most valuable lesson I could have ever passed along is to love your kids more than yourself.  They have all become better parents than I ever was.  Do not apologize for putting this hobby aside for the sake of addressing a family need - especially a child.  The make-up sessions or added perks are nice, but I doubt this gentleman expects it if he is a true gentleman.  And never feel guilty for loving your kids.