Calik8

Netflix recommendations

55 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mustang87 said:

Anyone seen YellowStone?  Wonder if it's any good.

it's so good .. but not on NF 

14 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

Anyone seen YellowStone?  Wonder if it's any good.

It's damn good.

21 hours ago, Veronicaturbay said:

Im currently on season 3 of Lucifer

I finished season 5, the final season, a few months ago.  I enjoyed the series, and the series ender is well done.  

23 hours ago, Veronicaturbay said:

Im currently on season 3 of Lucifer

I’m awaiting the new season ❤️❤️❤️

My ringtone is the theme song 

Thank you all for the suggestions 💖💖💖

2 hours ago, Calik8 said:

I’m awaiting the new season ❤️❤️❤️

My ringtone is the theme song 

Too wacky. I also use the Lucifer theme as my ringtone.

On 9/19/2019 at 1:22 PM, Audrey Astor said:

The FBI Takedown series is pretty good. 

Im going to try Unbelievable 

I take it, you didn’t like my suggestions? 🤷‍♀️

ok, I had another one,but I’ll keep it.😁 

Its been ages since I had Netflix so I’m not sure if it’s still there but if you ever get the chance the documentary “The House I Live In” is great, big eye opener. 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:25 PM, average1 said:

Gina, me too.  They still need to get BTK.  I thought season two would be more about BTK, but they just teased it.  The season belonged to Atlanta.   And, I have to say, I think Anna Torv is a hottie.  I enjoyed the side stories of Tench's family stuff and Dr. Carr's dating/relationship.  I wonder how much of the side stories are accurate.

BTK ya I didn't know who that guy was till I asked someone . he is strange ,Dr. Carr  for sure 

I'v seen some other shows about the BTK and  Atlanta killings 

On 9/24/2019 at 9:02 PM, lustybustygina said:

Unbelievable will make you cry ,,  I was in tears 

Unbelievable was an extremely well done show based on real life unfortunately showing the disparities in the treatment of rape victims

1 hour ago, airamericavet65 said:

Unbelievable was an extremely well done show based on real life unfortunately showing the disparities in the treatment of rape victims

It was kind of a slap in the face... very sad story.:(

On 9/24/2019 at 10:36 AM, whosyourdaty said:

Too wacky. I also use the Lucifer theme as my ringtone.

That’s awesome 

On 10/1/2019 at 6:55 PM, airamericavet65 said:

My self I feel a Woman should  doe interviews of rape victims .  

I'm waiting for the Braking Bad Movie and The Irish Man :D

Though some may find this to be slow and plodding (no action at all), I've enjoyed watching "Criminal - UK", "Criminal - France", "Criminal - Germany" and last night, "Criminal - Spain".  They are each just the interview and completely take place in and around the interview room with the suspect.  The "Criminal - UK" one features David Tennant.

I've found the Ken Burns docu-series. "The War" "The Civil War" "The Roosevelts" etc etc.

I'm in heaven! :D

If you don’t mind reading subtitles, a Russian production I started watching recently titled “Better Than Us”, and found it intriguing. A short synopsis, it involves very human like androids although regular AI robots are also included on the periphery. While initially it appears to be about realistic AI sex bots, it quickly evolves into a very complex story involving human relationships, murder, and conspiracies.

I usually avoid Russian productions due to their poor acting, directing and laughable plot lines, this show has very good production values. At least with the few episodes I’ve viewed so far, there are no pro-Putin, anti-West innuendos. In fact no real politics with the possibility of big brother police state and corporate corruption.

If you like Sci-fi, Altered Carbon is another one I’d recommend.

13 hours ago, amcbl1 said:

If you don’t mind reading subtitles, a Russian production I started watching recently titled “Better Than Us”, and found it intriguing. A short synopsis, it involves very human like androids although regular AI robots are also included on the periphery. While initially it appears to be about realistic AI sex bots, it quickly evolves into a very complex story involving human relationships, murder, and conspiracies.

I usually avoid Russian productions due to their poor acting, directing and laughable plot lines, this show has very good production values. At least with the few episodes I’ve viewed so far, there are no pro-Putin, anti-West innuendos. In fact no real politics with the possibility of big brother police state and corporate corruption.

I started "Better Than Us" and will go back to it.  "Altered Carbon" was really well done.  I watch a lot of the foreign shows on Netflix and have gotten used to the subtitles.  Some of the foreign detective and mystery shows are great to watch.

16 hours ago, amcbl1 said:

Speaking of subtitles, over on HBO, Los Espookys (Language mainly Spanish) with co creator Fred Armisen is a great campy comedy to indulge in....

On 9/23/2019 at 0:09 AM, Just Another Guy said:

The Spy is really good. Who knew Sacha Baron-Cohen could do really good drama. Based on a true story, and I've read it's very accurate.

Agreed. I really enjoyed this.

Anyone going to watch The Witcher...? 

Or did my nerd card just accidentally flop on the table? 

Also what happened to the American version of Wilfred? When I first watched the trailers, I thought it looked really stupid, but I started watching it for the 'eh WTF' factor and that show was fucking hilarious.

On 9/17/2019 at 0:24 AM, Calik8 said:

Up late and looking for something to watch. Any recommendations on Netflix 

The Dark Crystal series.

Skeksis Pride.