Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Citori

Have you ever Blocked - but can't recall why

23 posts in this topic

My current ATF is not responding to text this weekend, so I'm doing some window shopping. 

I come across a profile, she looks just like my type, I check out her PD profile, her TOB profile, then over to P411. 

I've blocked her on P411, No idea why and can't find any past communication. 

Since my younger self was definitely smarter than my current self, I'm thinking with my brain. 

But maybe it was a mistake, my horny self tells me. 

Do you block and then forget why later? 

I've never blocked anyone, on any forum, or website. Words can't permanently damage me.

I suspect you had a valid reason to block her on 411. Something she posted on the forum, in an ad, on 411? Maybe a forgotten phone convo, or text interaction?

Trust yourself. You didn't want to see her then, you don't want to see her now.

About a year ago, I texted a person twice and did not receive a response.  Later,  I sent a third text asking why they did not respond.  I was kind of irritated at that point and figured that they just did not want to communicate with me.  I just could not figure out what I did wrong

Six months later, I learned that they did respond in each instance.  I apparently accidentally marked their phone number as spam and their responses went straight to my spam folder.

12 minutes ago, BBT-8367 said:

About a year ago, I texted a person twice and did not receive a response.  Later,  I sent a third text asking why they did not respond.  I was kind of irritated at that point and figured that they just did not want to communicate with me.  I just could not figure out what I did wrong

Six months later, I learned that they did respond in each instance.  I apparently accidentally marked their phone number as spam and their responses went straight to my spam folder.

The point of my story is that you may have unknowingly blocked the individual by accident in the past.  Most people would not forget why they blocked communications with a given individual.

Block happens.

I can’t say that I’ve blocked someone and can’t remember why. But I suppose it can happen.

Sometimes an accidental block happens. That could be what happened with you.

Take a chance and contact her. Maybe you’ll remember why you blocked her after some contact or come to the conclusion it was an accidental block.

Edited by ilovewomen

Well, I went an ate BBQ and drank some beer instead.

Maybe I unblocked the profile on P411, next time I have time to play, she will be on the list. 

Never blocked anyone. But find that when I post a true fact with proof on Facebook, I get blocked by open minded liberals. Oh well.  (lost three 'friends " this weekend ..not a first )

24 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Never blocked anyone. But find that when I post a true fact with proof on Facebook, I get blocked by open minded liberals. Oh well.  (lost three 'friends " this weekend ..not a first )

+1

5 hours ago, BBT-8367 said:

Why were you irritated that she didnt respond?  Accident or on purpose, she doesn't owe you anything. Do you owe an explaination to someone you don't respond to? So she wasn't responding, and your reaction is to go 3rd party to get to her a different way? Does this happen in the real world? Only under not so great circumstances.  What if it wasn't that reason you mentioned, and she didnt want any further contact. There is a gentleman that I like on the forums and other platforms, that I turned down a visit from because when he couldnt get a response from a lady, he brought it to the forums in the guise of a different topic. I find this behavior irrational honestly, and personally don't want someone who reacts in this way in my room ever. Good or bad, my opinion is to let it go. This behavior I find unappealing.  Providers pull this crap too, where they reach out to guys who haven't tried to see them with very strange comments on why they personally think a gentleman hasn't wanted to see them, and they're irritated for one reason or another, and it's very odd behavior. I don't give 2 thoughts to guys who haven't reached out to see me, or haven't responded to a returned msg. I figure its there own preference and choice. Who cares? IMO best to move on. It's just my opinion though after a couple years in the business. To me, I'd rather pass than deal with any kind of goofiness. Too many fishes. 

I normally ALWAYS agree with @Hunter VanDyke. I have to say of late I've received many, " are you available today", or " can we meet at xyz time?" Etc..... I take time away from my family on a weekend TO RESPINDOND AND MAKE TIME AVAILABLE to no response---- I block. I felel it is rude, inconsiderate and a waste if time. 🤷

Edited by Audrey Astor

you are aware that ladies on p411 can change their names. perhaps you blocked her and she changed names, the block should have stayed since it is tied to her number not her name.

8 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Providers pull this crap too, where they reach out to guys who haven't tried to see them with very strange comments on why they personally think a gentleman hasn't wanted to see them, and they're irritated for one reason or another, and it's very odd behavior.

Had this happen to me more often than I would care to count. Then they would get mad that I didn't respond for days, mostly when I was out of town working or,most recently,when I was in rehab from my stroke.

Both ladies and gentlemen should take it easy with how fast a pm,text,or call is answered. Real life happens that slows down response time. That said,how many of you get upset when a lady answers her phone during a session ? Are you the same guys that get upset when she doesn't answer you immediately ?

I've never blocked a lady on P411, but I have muted a few so they don't show in a search.  I know the reason/s I've muted them all, but never have blocked someone...and not know the reason why.

I have blocked a few ladies on Twitter and I had my reasons

I've blocked so many I can't even count!

The reasons vary from one end of the spectrum to the other.

My tolerance level is slim to none, so if you're an idiot you get blocked.

I don't have time or patience for bullshit.

Just remember that even when someone posts an ad that does not always mean they are necessarily available as things do come up and also many of the ladies here get hundreds of messages a day...Just saying there is no reason to be upset just because you dont hear back from one of the ladies here, as most likely she is not dissing you but instead it is possible your message could have been several hours old and she did not respond because she does not fully know your situation and does not wish to cause you problems, since not all gentlemen here are single......

1 minute ago, Barbi said:

Just remember that even when someone posts an ad that does not always mean they are necessarily available as things do come up and also many of the ladies here get hundreds of messages a day...Just saying there is no reason to be upset just because you dont hear back from one of the ladies here, as most likely she is not dissing you but instead it is possible your message could have been several hours old and she did not respond because she does not fully know your situation and does not wish to cause you problems, since not all gentlemen here are single......

No one could have said it better!

22 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Why were you irritated that she didnt respond?  Accident or on purpose, she doesn't owe you anything. Do you owe an explaination to someone you don't respond to? So she wasn't responding, and your reaction is to go 3rd party to get to her a different way? Does this happen in the real world? Only under not so great circumstances.  What if it wasn't that reason you mentioned, and she didnt want any further contact. There is a gentleman that I like on the forums and other platforms, that I turned down a visit from because when he couldnt get a response from a lady, he brought it to the forums in the guise of a different topic. I find this behavior irrational honestly, and personally don't want someone who reacts in this way in my room ever. Good or bad, my opinion is to let it go. This behavior I find unappealing.  Providers pull this crap too, where they reach out to guys who haven't tried to see them with very strange comments on why they personally think a gentleman hasn't wanted to see them, and they're irritated for one reason or another, and it's very odd behavior. I don't give 2 thoughts to guys who haven't reached out to see me, or haven't responded to a returned msg. I figure its there own preference and choice. Who cares? IMO best to move on. It's just my opinion though after a couple years in the business. To me, I'd rather pass than deal with any kind of goofiness. Too many fishes. 

Hi Hunter

You're apparently reading some non-existent facts into my post.    Here is some additional context

1. The person I contacted was not a provider or a girlfriend.

2. I never contacted any third party. All three texts were to the same person. 

3. I only later found the responses when I accidentally clicked on my spam folder and saw the responses.

Perhaps I could have been clearer, but  the purpose of my story was only to illustrate that the "blocking" by the OP could have been a mistake.

4 hours ago, Turtle138 said:

Never have blocked.

Why bother with negative vibes.

That's exactly why I do block, mostly on twitter.  I don't have time for toxic people, so I mute/block very quickly and easily.

1 hour ago, BBT-8367 said:

Hi Hunter

You're apparently reading some non-existent facts into my post.    Here is some additional context

1. The person I contacted was not a provider or a girlfriend.

2. I never contacted any third party. All three texts were to the same person. 

3. I only later found the responses when I accidentally clicked on my spam folder and saw the responses.

Perhaps I could have been clearer, but  the purpose of my story was only to illustrate that the "blocking" by the OP could have been a 

Thanks for clarifying. 

Years ago I blocked a provider/client couple on TOB because of their insulting trash talk.  It improved my “wa”.  They have long since left our scene.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:39 AM, Citori said:

My current ATF is not responding to text this weekend, so I'm doing some window shopping. 

I come across a profile, she looks just like my type, I check out her PD profile, her TOB profile, then over to P411. 

I've blocked her on P411, No idea why and can't find any past communication. 

Since my younger self was definitely smarter than my current self, I'm thinking with my brain. 

But maybe it was a mistake, my horny self tells me. 

Do you block and then forget why later? 

On 9/16/2019 at 5:57 PM, BBT-8367 said:

Perhaps I could have been clearer, but  the purpose of my story was only to illustrate that the "blocking" by the OP could have been a mistake.

This here is most likely the reason

• <--------|-------> 
On 9/15/2019 at 9:35 PM, IRsparky said:

you are aware that ladies on p411 can change their names. perhaps you blocked her and she changed names, the block should have stayed since it is tied to her number not her name.