ZHTR

34 posts in this topic

Hey there! I'm more of a reviewer than an active participant here on the forums....BUT I thought I might shed a little light on my username as it tends to come up in discussion when I'm visiting a provider. Where to start? Well a loooooong time ago, I used to have a profile here under the handle cheesefryduce, like 2005 -2008(yep I've always had handles that only make sense to me).  Anyways, I met a woman, who at the time I thought was the one, and I never partake in the hobby when I'm seriously involved...so I had that profile deleted...about a year later, when that went south, I recreated my profile with the name Zombie Hot Tub...and that lasted from about 2010 to 2012, for the same reason, again, had my profile deleted, and again eventually that relation also failed...so I  was back again in the later part of 2013...hard to believe that was six years ago! So upon returning, I could not use my old handle...I was listening to some CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival)  when I wrote my first review when I rejoined the hobby..I was trying to recreate my profile and was frustrated I couldn't use my old username...so was born ZHTR, which is short for Zombie Hot Tub Revival...

Anyways, I've not had many serious relationships since my return in 2013...so this profile remains..but yeah, that's ZHTR story. Cheers! 

Cool story, and I have always wondered. How did you come up with Zombie Hot Tub to begin with?

Zombie Hot tub Revival ... love it!

Wouldn't it be interesting if everyone explained their username? 

I must be honest.... I have often wondered about this one. Thanks for explaining.;) Anyone else?

Mine is pretty self explanatory, just spelled a little different.

How about you Audrey, how did you become Audrey Astor?

Thanks for your post.  I always wondered what your handle signified.  

I took mine from a KC business man,  from the 1860's. One of the Pony Express owners.

19 hours ago, SixtiesDude said:

Wouldn't it be interesting if everyone explained their username? 

Mine is easy to explain...just look at my profile picture :)

My handle was given to me in a round about way from a long retired lady.

We were laying in bed and she says “Xxxx, I can tell you love women”. 

And a handle was born.

My handle is an homage to a bunch of funk performers, who've worked with George Clinton, to make some great music. Parliament-Funkadelic

I used to bang bits around in computers, back when memory was measured in kilobytes.

Mine is.... incredibly self-explanatory.  Except I don't philander when seeing someone seriously.  Right now... I'm in the clear. :)

Mine is from the summer of love ... 1967. Lost my virginity and found nookie!

Mine is for the 2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide that I rode for years. I almost got killed on the Damn thing, careless driver in a car.

1 hour ago, wglide2003 said:

Mine is for the 2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide that I rode for years. I almost got killed on the Damn thing, careless driver in a car.

Not a handle related post, but wglide2003, you brought back memories of a careless driver that ran a red light.  My Virago got totaled and my gear got destroyed.  It was a miracle I walked away (and got a newer Virago with the insurance money a month later).

4 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

I miss riding my motorcycle. But I’d rather be alive. You can’t trust drivers of cars and trucks...especially today.

Gnarley was my old cat's name. I'm not really gnarley but he was. Ruled the alleys around where I lived at the time in South Denver. Spent hundreds of $ on vet bills after cat fights. 

Mine is my high school mascot and the year I graduated.  Nothing to do with the sports car.

Edited by Mustang87

I have to admit I didn't know where this post would go, but I am enjoying reading the thread and seeing the origins of many handles.

Retired Air Force. I flew F-16's and I was an IP on the T-38. Contrails from watching so many during my career. 59 was the number of combat missions I flew in Iraq and Afghanistan. The 59 is part of my email address on here. 

Edited by contrails

... but mostly I work.

"I have admit" I thought the post started out to be a little narcissistic but I didn't even realize how curious I was about everyone's handles.  Good post ZHTR!  Thanks for sharing all.

If you meet me my handle will be obvious. I've been called it for years in RL.

On 9/13/2019 at 10:54 AM, contrails said:

Retired Air Force. I flew F-16's and I was an IP on the T-38. Contrails from watching so many during my career. 59 was the number of combat missions I flew in Iraq and Afghanistan. The 59 is part of my email address on here. 

From someone who spent some time in Southeast Asia  .... thank you for your service Contrails!

4 hours ago, SixtiesDude said:

From someone who spent some time in Southeast Asia  .... thank you for your service Contrails!

+1