Audrey Astor

Would you feel awkward or embarrassed?

36 posts in this topic

Would you feel awkward taking a discount offered to you? 

I have several clients that have been so good to me, and so regular, that I like to show appreciation by giving a discount. It seems like that makes guys feel awkward though. I kind of get a blank deer in the headlights stare.  Do you think they’re just in shock, or feel guilty or what? 

It happens so rarely in life, that we don't know how to respond. A simple "thank you" doesn't seem like enough, and yet we are left empty handed.

I believe the deer in the headlights stare is a look of disbelief and a look of not knowing what to do or say. My advice when this happens, thank him for his loyal support, maybe give him a hug and let the gesture speak for itself. He will leave feeling appreciated.

I get the same look when in my business, I comp something to a regular guest. They don't know what to say, other times they toss the money on the counter and leave, refusing to take something for nothing... but they leave knowing their business is valued and appreciated.

In the business world, getting a discount for being a good customer,  used to be common. It still is if you are a big account. Personally what you are doing is a nice gesture. I don't know how or when  you tell them. If they know well in advance, it shouldn't be awkward at all. It should make them feel appreciated and special.

I’ve had multiple girls offer me discounts! When it happens I usually thank them and that’s it! I wouldn’t know how to bring it up the next time I see them! I don’t want to come off like I’m looking for a discount or what if she doesn’t remember me! 

If the reduced rate is advertised before booking I will pay that price plus gift and/or tip. I alway go to an appointment with the amount I will spend in the envelope including tip. If the lady offers a reduced rate at the appointment I thank her and tell her the tip is a little larger today.  I have been known to add to the tip if the experience is beyond expectations.

I think one of the reasons you get the blank stare is because the guys are so surprised that you are offering a discount.

In this world, there are so few ladies who truly appreciate and like the guys and are more or less mercenary about about this hobby.

The guys have been indoctrinated by the mercenary ladies, they don’t know how to respond a kind and generous lady who really likes and appreciates the guys.

Just keep being you. There are only a handful of ladies like you.

Perhaps, at the end of your appointment, you might express your appreciation by offering something extra special for your next encounter...extra time, a home cooked meal, an unexpected activity (sexual or otherwise),.  If you were really appreciative (and wanting to boost his ego a bit), suggest a switch (provider becomes client and vice versa. Be creative and not solely monetary, far more meaningful and memorable.

I think if a discussion of discount is initiated by the provider, that's fine.  If it is initiated by the hobbyist, that's not fine. 

This one is tough........

Pay what you expect to pay.....

If the discount is offered we must ask why.......

I accept, with a generous tip. 

This whole ting is such a privilege!

5 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Rather than an outright discount, you might reply when they are booking with, “Why don’t you plan to stay a little longer [specify how long] this time.  My treat.”

This is a great idea Bit. Maybe offer a 90min special for the 1hr rate, or 2hr special for the 90min rate. I like that. 💙

7 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

This is a great idea Bit. Maybe offer a 90min special for the 1hr rate, or 2hr special for the 90min rate. I like that. 💙

That’s what I was thinking, but as an unadvertised special.  When a regular calls to make his weekly/monthly appointment, surprise him!  

Just now, Bit Banger said:

That’s what I was thinking, but as an unadvertised special.  When a regular calls to make his weekly/monthly appointment, surprise him!  

That's a nice surprise 😊💙

2 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

That's a nice surprise 😊💙

Yep, it will also make him feel special & appreciated.  Wanting to spend more time with me is more valuable than a few $s off.  Unadvertised means you get to pick & choose who deserves it.

Wow, lots of good ideas. Maybe my presentation is off. I don’t Advertise to take the discount, but give thanks and tell them to take the discount next time. I do/will remember. We remember our sweeties. I do expect the discount to be used, so it’s ok. Take your discount, and that’s an order! How’s that?

If I tried to take some of a donation and give it back, I think that would get awkward.  

Now for another twist—— I do give away time as well. I don’t bring it up though. I don’t say, I just gifted xyz since you’ve been so good to me. I just assume my client recognizes that. Should that be handled another way?

9 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I have several clients that have been so good to me, and so regular, that I like to show appreciation by giving a discount. It seems like that makes guys feel awkward though. I kind of get a blank deer in the headlights stare.  Do you think they’re just in shock, or feel guilty or what? 

Just a thought here, but if I have become a regular with a lady, chances are I have become adept at pretending (during the session only!!) there is more to it than the $$. After all part off this is fantasy - for some anyway.  Once through the door $$ forgotten.  Then wham!! Cold water in face (and lower!!) with "how about a discount?" reminding me it is indeed only $$.  Hence, the deer in headlights look because whole fantasy/mood shattered - WTF, now what??  A little more time on the other hand says "I like you, wanna spend extra time with you"  Another option could be just a small gift.  Or yes, it could be shock at how rare such an offer is in general.

I have a semi-regular appointment with a YL.  The amount that I pay is always the same (90 min charge plus 30% tip).  I was offered a pre-appointment discount on one occasion.  I graciously accepted...and then left the standard amount :) My thought is that I pay for someone's time and the value of that time does not change.

Edited by Necron 99

On 9/8/2019 at 10:50 AM, Audrey Astor said:

In my opinion to discount I don't know if I COULD show up with anything less then normal. But if you would like to show appreciation in that regard might i suggest encouraging them to stay longer then normal instead?

16 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Another option could be just a small gift. 

Always has the danger of having to explain where it came from. At least for some people.

Just don't sell yourself short in a manner that cultivates similar expectations over the long term.  

There are so many ways to say thank you to your regulars and probably the best way is to just talk to them about it.  If most of them are good fellas the gesture alone will be enough to accomplish your goal.  They should respect that your service is a source of income and not want to jeapordize that on any way.

Who knows, the chat may cultivate a little sumpin sumpin to make the dates even more fun - if not, the energy of the 'discount/appreciation' gesture alone should:)

3 hours ago, Necron 99 said:

I have a semi-regular appointment with a YL.  The amount that I pay is always the same (90 min charge plus 30% tip).  I was offered a pre-appointment discount on one occasion.  I graciously accepted...and then left the standard amount :) My thought is that I pay for someone's time and the value of that time does not change.

Thats really sweet

54 minutes ago, hornyoldtoad said:

Just don't sell yourself short in a manner that cultivates similar expectations over the long term.  

There are so many ways to say thank you to your regulars and probably the best way is to just talk to them about it.  If most of them are good fellas the gesture alone will be enough to accomplish your goal.  They should respect that your service is a source of income and not want to jeapordize that on any way.

Who knows, the chat may cultivate a little sumpin sumpin to make the dates even more fun - if not, the energy of the 'discount/appreciation' gesture alone should:)

This is why so many of us ladies love TOB and the clients and friends we meet on this board. Audrey starts a thread about the awkwardness surrounding giving discounts for appreciation, and these responses from you guys say so much about the quality of gentlemen that we have among us. We are some lucky gals. 

48 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

This is why so many of us ladies love TOB and the clients and friends we meet on this board. Audrey starts a thread about the awkwardness surrounding giving discounts for appreciation, and these responses from you guys say so much about the quality of gentlemen that we have among us. We are some lucky gals. 

I think WE are the lucky ones when we come across the ladies that become our atf's and they at least seem to really care about us (that's a part of what keeps us coming back)

On 9/9/2019 at 4:48 PM, Milos Vesely said:

Never been offered one. But I'd probably just pay the whole amount count the difference as a tip.

Same here.  Personally, I'd appreciate an offer of extra time more than a discount.

Heck l would say hun keep it let's play for a few more minutes.

After all you are a wonderful host.

Why offer a discount? If he's such a cherished customer and seeing you often, I assume you've gotten to know him a little bit.

Rather than lowering his rate, do special things. For example, find out his favorite drink or snacks and keep them on hand. Before activities start, give him a nice, relaxing back rub. Don't ask if he wants one, just direct him to a chair, start kneading the kinks out of shoulders and back, and ask him about his day or week. Better yet, personalize it and ask him about specific things he's mentioned before. For example, if he said he was playing in a handball tournament last time you saw him, ask him about it. Guys eat that shit up.

In other words, make him feel special. Yes, even gnarly, grizzled old men love feeling special and pampered. He'll want to keep seeing you because you make him feel  great and the lady will keep pulling the same cash intake.  A win-win for both.

I think I would be flattered if offered such a discount by a lady I had seen many times. I think I would pay the discounted rate, and then add a tip to bring it up to the regular amount. I would likely come back again and again after that.

Appreciated and flattered, but I would feel awkward.

Yes, it's not about the money.  There are better, more personal, ways to show appreciation and attention.

No!!! I'd brag about it to anyone who'd listen! Then I'd return frequently! :D