Mr.Pink

Popeyes chicken sammich?

27 posts in this topic

What's all the hype about? If I take a bite of it, will it take me away on clouds of ecstacy? 🤔

No kidding.  My kid, whose never mentioned Popeye, just had to go get that sandwich this weekend.  Took him there, the place was packed and sold out of the sandwich.  Must be something I've missed.

Marketing at it's best. Create a demand and you can sell out.  Usually it isn't any better then the next guy. Just a different spin.

3 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

What's all the hype about? If I take a bite of it, will it take me away on clouds of ecstacy? 🤔

5 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

Marketing at it's best. Create a demand and you can sell out.  Usually it isn't any better then the next guy. Just a different spin.

Ecstasy - yes, if you are a lefty that has been longing for an almost identical chicken sandwich but just can't go to Chic-fil-A cause of the boycott.  Goes beyond just marketing. 

3 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

No kidding.  My kid, whose never mentioned Popeye, just had to go get that sandwich this weekend.  Took him there, the place was packed and sold out of the sandwich.  Must be something I've missed.

+1 same thing. It better be a damn good sandwich.

3 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Ecstasy - yes, if you are a lefty that has been longing for an almost identical chicken sandwich but just can't go to Chic-fil-A cause of the boycott.  Goes beyond just marketing. 

Hate to say it, but if there's a boycott going on, it's not a very effective one.  Chick-fil-A was just ranked the number one fast food restaurant in America. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/allthemoms/2019/06/27/chick-fil-a-ranked-top-fast-food-chain-fourth-year/1582613001/

I understand that some people refuse to go to Chick-fil-A because of their politics, but that aside, they do make a good chicken sandwich and the customer service is far above many others.  And last time I checked, we still have the freedom to choose which groups and political platforms we support in this country.   May not agree with them, but I will always respect their rights to choose.  

Even though I'm not saying I agree with Chick-fil-A, I expect some backlash for this post.   That's okay, it's your right and I respect that too.

Edited by TheFinerThings

15 minutes ago, TheFinerThings said:

Hate to say it, but if there's a boycott going on, it's not a very effective one.  Chick-fil-A was just ranked the number one fast food restaurant in America. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/allthemoms/2019/06/27/chick-fil-a-ranked-top-fast-food-chain-fourth-year/1582613001/

I understand that some people refuse to go to Chick-fil-A because of their politics, but that aside, they do make a good chicken sandwich and the customer service is far above many others.  And last time I checked, we still have the freedom to choose which groups and political platforms we support in this country.   May not agree with them, but I will always respect their rights to choose.  

Even though I'm not saying I agree with Chick-fil-A, I expect some backlash for this post.   That's okay, it's your right and I respect that too.

100%

I am not a fan or supporter of the company's politics and being an atheist I really can't get on board with the Christian closed on Sunday thing. But their chicken is the shit and the customer service is far above any other ff chain. I don't know where they are growing these stepford kids but everyone else should take a lesson in that business model.

That being said,  I am looking forward to trying out Popeye's sammich,  but my expectations are low.

Edited by whosyourdaty

Knew one of the first folks to join the chic-fil-a. He retired from the Army to join with buddy.  Original business plan in malls only no realestate, samples in mall walkway.

Good Lord! It's a fast food chicken sandwich. Sold out?!? There are some hilarious sheeple in the world. 

I'll get a bucket of KFC if I want chicken! 

3 hours ago, boink36 said:

Doesn't anyone cook chicken at home anymore? 

Nothing like some fried chicken fried in a cast iron skillet

Ever tried cooking a chicken at home. Little bastard keeps pecking at the fucking glass of the microwave when the plate turns. :mad:

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

Good Lord! It's a fast food chicken sandwich. Sold out?!? There are some hilarious sheeple in the world. 

I'll get a bucket of KFC if I want BAD chicken! 

fixed that for ya.

5 hours ago, boink36 said:

Yes, about once a year, and the gravy is orgasmic!

Should I do a chicken dinner date?

9 hours ago, IRsparky said:

fixed that for ya.

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one, and they all stink!

12 hours ago, pfunk said:

I'll get a bucket of KFC if I want chicken! 

The Colonel supports 45... Fuck. That.

4 hours ago, fivefingeredsally said:

I base my food choices (and other purchases) on the quality of the product & service.  Not on the socio-political views of company management.

Were I to do otherwise I would probably end up a starving hermit. 🥴

Omg I tried to get one of these the other day and they were sold out! I was so sad, I have heard it is mind blowing!

27 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I base my food choices (and other purchases) on the quality of the product & service.  Not on the socio-political views of company management.

Were I to do otherwise I would probably end up a starving hermit. 🥴

And to each their own

20 hours ago, whosyourdaty said:

That being said,  I am looking forward to trying out Popeye's sammich,  but my expectations are low.

I think you will find that your expectations are correct.

Based on my experience from my one time eating at a Popeye's restaurant, I won't be trying the sammach. I didn't get the sammach but I couldn't see what was so special about the chicken from the tenders that I got. Bojangles's has much better tenders, IMO.

Well I usually don't cook chicken myself either. I go to Sam's Club or Costco. $6 bucks and it is ready to eat. Not fried, so a little healthier. It goes a lot further too. Next day sandwiches, then use it to make a chicken pot pie, chicken pieces  and gravy or chicken soup.

Are we really talking about chicken sandwich’s on this TOB site?   Lets all get back to having sex with each other and fuck the sammich.

11 hours ago, fivefingeredsally said:

Colonel Sanders died in 1980. A 5 minute internet search found nothing about KFC supporting trump. Please provide a link. Thanks!

21 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Only if I can spread the gravy over your body and then lick it off :P

I tried it the other day. It was good, but no ecstasy. It's a little crispier and greasier than Chick-fil-A. It runs a close second and was better than most other fast food places. Service utterly sucked, though.

Now, I need to get some good gravy ..

22 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Is that a rhetorical question? ;)

I tried it about a month or so ago, and it was good.  I like Chick-Fil-A's better, but it was good!