Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hunter VanDyke

Florists

22 posts in this topic

Hello community. There are a lot of us, so I'm reaching out to see if we have any florists among us who can help me with some arrangements for a loved one. If so, please email me at huntervandyke@protonmail.com. No comments are needed. Private emails only please. 

Hunter, I am sure if you talk very nicely to 2Big, he might help.  

Hunter, if you are in the DTC area, I really like the florist in the shopping center on the northwest corner of Arapahoe and Yosemite (where Sprouts is). They are great and can help with anything. Home owned too, not a chain. Here is a link:

https://www.arapahoefloral.com/

Any Pueblo florists anyone can recommend ? Have a dear friend going through tough times I'ld like to send a gorgeous arrangement to. Google hasn't been much help. PM me.

11 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Any Pueblo florists anyone can recommend ? Have a dear friend going through tough times I'ld like to send a gorgeous arrangement to. Google hasn't been much help. PM me.

Yes Campbells flowers

https://www.campbellsflower.com/

21 hours ago, Crystyna said:

Yes Campbells flowers

https://www.campbellsflower.com/

Actually she is in Pueblo West,but got a call that she had major convulsions and is now in a hospital. Did find an arrangement that will make her day.Thanks for the link.

Please, make it sure your friend likes cut flowers first.  I hate them, and become sad as they die.  Maybe, beautiful orchids that last for years.

Not everyone wants flowers or 100 meals they have no room for.  

42 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

Please, make it sure your friend likes cut flowers first.  I hate them, and become sad as they die.  Maybe, beautiful orchids that last for years.

I've known her since the 1980s.   Wouldn't ask for a recommendation if I didn't already know her likes and dislikes.

10 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

I've known her since the 1980s.   Wouldn't ask for a recommendation if I didn't already know her likes and dislikes.

My comments were not for you, but for Hunter whom actually started the thread.  

Well, hopefully you really know her as well as you think..... 

9 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Well, hopefully you really know her as well as you think..... 

According to the thank you phone cal Ii received...the answer is a loud Yes.   Hunter probably knows her friend just as well.

Learned a very long time ago to never assume that everyone likes or dislikes the same things I  do. Best to ask.

11 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Yes , the orchids will slowly bloom for months. Try to find some with 2 flowering stems. With a little care, they can bloom for years. Some people don't have green thumbs though.

11 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Not everyone wants flowers or 100 meals they have no room for.  

Well instead of sending meals, a gift card to a nice restaurant. This way they can go out when they want and  also have no clean up or dish to return.

I do not post on here often, but I have been in this biz for years. My beautiful son is no longer with us he left this earth this past Saturday evening. 

My heart is shattered and my whole entire body and soul aches for him. So some of the ladies have stepped up in a huge way and are helping my family with some on the memorial arrangements. Hunter has really helped so much and I love her. So the flowers are for my sons memorial.

There is a gofunde set up for my beautiful son. If any of you are interested in contributing this way  please PM me and I can send you the info

Please PM me for the gofundme link. Thank you all so much. 

1 hour ago, Nicholeofdenver said:

I do not post on here often, but I have been in this biz for years. My beautiful son is no longer with us he left this earth this past Saturday evening. 

My heart is shattered and my whole entire body and soul aches for him. So some of the ladies have stepped up in a huge way and are helping my family with some on the memorial arrangements. Hunter has really helped so much and I love her. So the flowers are for my sons memorial.

There is a gofunde set up for my beautiful son. If any of you are interested in contributing this way  please PM me and I can send you the info

Please PM me for the gofundme link. Thank you all so much. 

God Bless you a million times over. 

We are all pulling for you.

This will pass.

Please please please go fund this momma that is in her darkest hours.  

Time will never heal this broken heart, but let's take some financial stress off.

"This will pass." - @Seeker5280

Sadly this will never pass. The tragic loss of her child is a horror that she will relive daily, it never goes away.

- I concur with the live plants vs flowers, as I also don't like to see the memory of that day wither away. However I would never disapprove of someone else's choice of how they wanted to honour the deceased. After the service we gifted the cut flower arrangements to the funeral home to use for those in need.

- As for the overabundance of casseroles, it always baffled me why everybody would donate food at the same time. No household can eat that much food in one week, and it all goes bad at the same time. My mom insisted on us bringing food to grieving families a week afterwards.

My family lost their home and their child at the same time so there was nowhere to bring casseroles. Instead of food folks donated gift cards to grocery stores and prepaid visa cards so we were able to buy the food ourselves. Also, prepaid visa and gift cards won't keep a hearty chunk  of the donation like a fundme program, if that matters to you.

34 minutes ago, Cecilia said:

"This will pass." - @Seeker5280

Sadly this will never pass. The tragic loss of her child is a horror that she will relive daily, it never goes away.

I will respectfully disagree with you.

The memories are never gone, but over time become less painful and the reminders less frequent.

Thank you, Bit. I look forward to reaching that place.

Edited by Cecilia