Joanna Jaxxx

Remedies ?

69 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2019 at 3:03 AM, SophiaDeLaRue said:

For heartbreak 💔

I know that time is the best remedy, but what can you do in the meantime while the time passes by? 

I don’t know how some of you do it. You put in 10+ years with someone just for it to go south 😩 

life goes on 🤷🏻‍♀️

The only thing I can think of besides time--which really is the only true solution--is to distract yourself. Find something to do that completely takes your attention away for a little while. For some that could be watching TV or a good movie, going for a bike ride or exercising, playing computer games, or something like that. I'm not a huge gamer, but I do like computer games for that purpose because it completely pulls your focus away from what's bothering me for a little while. Find something like that. At the very least, get outside, get out with friends. Do anything to keep moving forward. And if I ever see you in person, I'll give you a hug if you want, because I'm a huge hugger.  :-)

I think you simply go through it. To short cut the hurt would be missing out on life. How can you possibly know how high life can go unless you also know how low as well? It is the delta between them that makes life worthwhile.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:25 AM, SophiaDeLaRue said:

Thank you! I’m so excited for Mexico

😘😘😘

SophiaDeLaRue , how was Mexico ?

12 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

SophiaDeLaRue , how was Mexico ?

I’m loving Puerto Vallarta ! I missed my flight so I have one more day here. I want to move here. 

I recall getting totally depressed in psych class when we all had to read Escaping the Self... it basically stated that we do thousands of things to escape our aloneness. Movies, reading, vacations, relationships, religion... everything.  So whenever you lose one of those things you have a painful reaction.  And the less you can handle your aloneness the more painful the reaction will be.  None of those things are wrong in themselves any more than using a crutch is wrong when you have a broken leg. Using a crutch can help the leg to heal and strengthen.. or its overuse could weaken your ability to walk altogether.

So did having that relationship strengthen your ability to face aloneness or weaken it? 

My own pain has shown me that it weakened it and that I have to treat any relationship differently from now on.

On 8/30/2019 at 7:18 PM, LoneRebel said:

I recall getting totally depressed in psych class when we all had to read Escaping the Self... it basically stated that we do thousands of things to escape our aloneness. Movies, reading, vacations, relationships, religion... everything.  So whenever you lose one of those things you have a painful reaction.  And the less you can handle your aloneness the more painful the reaction will be.  None of those things are wrong in themselves any more than using a crutch is wrong when you have a broken leg. Using a crutch can help the leg to heal and strengthen.. or its overuse could weaken your ability to walk altogether.

So did having that relationship strengthen your ability to face aloneness or weaken it? 

My own pain has shown me that it weakened it and that I have to treat any relationship differently from now on.

Definitely didn’t weaken it. I felt alone with him anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

After 10 yrs on and off, I’m happier than ever! It’s a huge burden off my shoulders and it feels GREAT 

I still think about him from time to time but that’s normal. I’m definitely over it but that’s because I knew it was over long ago.

FREEDOM 🙌🏼

3 hours ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

Definitely didn’t weaken it. I felt alone with him anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

After 10 yrs on and off, I’m happier than ever! It’s a huge burden off my shoulders and it feels GREAT 

I still think about him from time to time but that’s normal. I’m definitely over it but that’s because I knew it was over long ago.

FREEDOM 🙌🏼

This makes me happy for you! I'm glad you're doing better! 

Glad you are doing better!  I also love Puerto Vallarta and go there every year for the last 20 or so years.  Have a lot of national friends there and some expatriots I have met.  Can't wait to go back.  If I ever moved out of the country either Puerto Vallarta or the Azores would be my choices. 

12 minutes ago, coolhand luke said:

Glad you are doing better!  I also love Puerto Vallarta and go there every year for the last 20 or so years.  Have a lot of national friends there and some expatriots I have met.  Can't wait to go back.  If I ever moved out of the country either Puerto Vallarta or the Azores would be my choices. 

I loved Puerto Vallarta so much I would love to buy a place out there

I can’t wait to go back! 🥰

Edited by SophiaDeLaRue