Joanna Jaxxx

Remedies ?

69 posts in this topic

Just for the clarification, the 10 years I’ve dealt with this person I was not in the hobby. 

So my statement still stands that this has nothing to do with the hobby

lol it’s just plain ol we couldn’t  make it work and we both called it quits for good. we both love each other but it just can’t be and that is heartbreaking naturally  

its all cool guys. Thank you all for the suggestions xoxo I truly appreciate it. 

I got nothin but love for ya baby 😘😘😘

I was married for 10 years and went through a heartbreaking divorce. I know it's painful, but you will emerge from the pain and be stronger for it.

Distraction is the best way. Find new things to do. Learn a new language or instrument. Get involved with an art club, etc. Eventually the pain will start subsiding. 

1 hour ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

Thank you  Crystyna! I don’t know why I didn’t think of that 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thank goodness you’re here 😘😘😘

They are such good help! If you can read codependent no more and I'm a badass. They are great books!

the shitty thing about time is it takes.....time...

hopefully you will one day feel that turning this page was for the better...

i don't have the answer about how to coexist with the meantime - but have dealt with loss - please remember and tell yourself out loud if you have to that today is not the rest of your life - which is hard to see through the clouds of long lonely days - but it is so true - and it will be ok...

and of course i have to add - because they have made my heart and soul so much of what it is and have taught me more about how be a better person and get through life on the high road - find yourself a dog, volunteer if you have to and foster, but as hard as life has been at times, looking into my golden retrievers eyes showed me no matter what the world through at me, it was going to be ok...

dogs are the answer to so much....

55 minutes ago, Crystyna said:

They are such good help! If you can read codependent no more and I'm a badass. They are great books!

Also “The Road Less Traveled” by M. Scott Peck

Sorry you are in this phase of life.  We all go through it and it hurts for awhile.  You have gotten a lot of good advice so I will add my one cent as well.  What has helped me is to spend more time with friends and not talk about it to them unless necessary and also do some VOLUNTEER WORK.  you would be surprised at how much this really helps.  There is nothing wrong with dogs.  They are something that depends on you and you have to think a bout them.  They will be there to love you.  Get yourself two theey will be there twice to love you.  LUCKY YOU!

Just a thought.  Take your significant other and your dog and lock them in the trunk of your car for 30 minutes and open it and see which one is glad to see you!

Best to you!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, hornyoldtoad said:

dogs are the answer to so much....

2-C237-CDE-C6-DB-4-C0-B-92-F7-07-EA6013-

3 hours ago, coolhand luke said:

Sorry you are in this phase of life.  We all go through it and it hurts for awhile.  You have gotten a lot of good advice so I will add my one cent as well.  What has helped me is to spend more time with friends and not talk about it to them unless necessary and also do some VOLUNTEER WORK.  you would be surprised at how much this really helps.  There is nothing wrong with dogs.  They are something that depends on you and you have to think a bout them.  They will be there to love you.  Get yourself two theey will be there twice to love you.  LUCKY YOU!

Just a thought.  Take your significant other and your dog and lock them in the trunk of your car for 30 minutes and open it and see which one is glad to see you!

Best to you!!!!!!!!

Maybe not in the summer .....

Sophia;

Sorry you are going through this. It is a pain I know all to well.

I don't know if you ever get over it, but you learn to live with it. It is hard at times but I try and think of it as positive. The person you are meant to be with is still out there. He or she is looking for you. That person needs you, they will be your happily ever after, the person you grow old with. That person is out there and they are likely hurting and lonely too. You will be the center of their universe, you will be the sun that warms their heart... he (or she) is out there and now you are free to find them. You have a lot to offer and if the person you where with didn't appreciate that, then they where not the person who you want to spend the rest of your life with.

I don't know if time is the cure although it does help, and one day, you will look back on this and see it as a blessing.

Sorry, I can't take your pain away. I am sorry I don't have the magic words that will make this all okay but to the person you are meant to be with, this is indeed good news. You are now one step closer to finding each other.

On 8/19/2019 at 3:03 AM, SophiaDeLaRue said:

For heartbreak 💔

I know that time is the best remedy, but what can you do in the meantime while the time passes by? 

I don’t know how some of you do it. You put in 10+ years with someone just for it to go south 😩 

life goes on 🤷🏻‍♀️

Friends and a tincture of time.  No magic formula that I've ever found.  Hang in there. :)

1 hour ago, Phil-anderer said:

Friends and a tincture of time.  No magic formula that I've ever found.  Hang in there. :)

Thank you 💋💋💋

On 8/20/2019 at 1:37 AM, Crystyna said:

Thank you for your book referrals, Crystyna. I added these books to my reading list.

On 8/19/2019 at 7:58 AM, SophiaDeLaRue said:

Sucks when you have time alone to think and you’re trying to focus your thoughts elsewhere. 

That is VERY true Sophia.      Time heals,but it sure seems a lot slower when you have too much time alone.   

On 8/20/2019 at 0:33 AM, Vassago said:

2-C237-CDE-C6-DB-4-C0-B-92-F7-07-EA6013-

YOU ATE YOUR DOG!!!!  :eek: ASS HOLE!! :mad:

14 hours ago, tide32 said:

Was fuckin' starvin'! And it wasn't MY dog per se.

15 hours ago, tide32 said:

On 8/19/2019 at 6:26 PM, Mr.Steel said:

I was married for 10 years and went through a heartbreaking divorce. I know it's painful, but you will emerge from the pain and be stronger for it.

Distraction is the best way. Find new things to do. Learn a new language or instrument. Get involved with an art club, etc. Eventually the pain will start subsiding. 

thank you I am keeping distracted with books and travel .  I’ll be in Mexico baby this Saturday 

On 8/19/2019 at 7:01 PM, Bit Banger said:

For what it’s worth, it hurts even if it’s only been 10 months 😰

Heartbreak is tough ... I wish I was the Tin Man 😂

Let me tell you about a mean ole bitch by the name of Sheba. Sheba the Shepherd ... Slayer, we called her where I grew up. I was a wee lad of about 8 years and that nasty devil lived next door. Not a day went by when she wouldn't make it a point to come rippin' and snappin' and causin' me wee legs to pump hard for me front door. Until one day, I'd been givin' this slingshot. So one day after me schoolin', I come home, an I'm not backin' down this time. Ole Sheba, she come runnin', frothin' at the mouth, ready to snap a lad in two with that maw of her's. I level up, aim right for her gapin' throat. 

Twhhatch!  

Now mind you, I wasn't smart enough to know they make special ammunition for this thing. I'd only grabbed a rock, with all her imperfections and veins and the beauty left to her by the good green grace of Gaia.

The sound stopped that bitch in her tracks, an' I'll be damned if that fuckin' stone didn't arc like a boomerang right around ole bitch's pate and smack clean through her owner's front glass with a clatter. Let me tell you about the terror. 

In the next few seconds an old woman with curlers in her hair and a blackened fryin' pan in her hand came thunderin' through the front door. If you thought these wee legs were pumpin' hard afore, I'd done and put Jesse Owens to shame that day. Fryin' pan and snapper at me heels, I made it out alive that day, but caught the belt from me old man.

All's fair in war and dogs though, I guess. Fryin' pan lady, she got food poisonin' and died a month later or so because of a nasty blood infection. 

What I mean to say is, it could always be worse . Oh and fuck you, dog worshipers. 

5 hours ago, Vassago said:

Let me tell you about a mean ole bitch by the name of Sheba. Sheba the Shepherd ... Slayer, we called her where I grew up. I was a wee lad of about 8 years and that nasty devil lived next door. Not a day went by when she wouldn't make it a point to come rippin' and snappin' and causin' me wee legs to pump hard for me front door. Until one day, I'd been givin' this slingshot. So one day after me schoolin', I come home, an I'm not backin' down this time. Ole Sheba, she come runnin', frothin' at the mouth, ready to snap a lad in two with that maw of her's. I level up, aim right for her gapin' throat. 

Twhhatch!  

Now mind you, I wasn't smart enough to know they make special ammunition for this thing. I'd only grabbed a rock, with all her imperfections and veins and the beauty left to her by the good green grace of Gaia.

The sound stopped that bitch in her tracks, an' I'll be damned if that fuckin' stone didn't arc like a boomerang right around ole bitch's pate and smack clean through her owner's front glass with a clatter. Let me tell you about the terror. 

In the next few seconds an old woman with curlers in her hair and a blackened fryin' pan in her hand came thunderin' through the front door. If you thought these wee legs were pumpin' hard afore, I'd done and put Jesse Owens to shame that day. Fryin' pan and snapper at me heels, I made it out alive that day, but caught the belt from me old man.

All's fair in war and dogs though, I guess. Fryin' pan lady, she got food poisonin' and died a month later or so because of a nasty blood infection. 

What I mean to say is, it could always be worse . Oh and fuck you, dog worshipers. 

Wow! You posted a story I can actually understand. I think it's very well written! 

Sophia, I hope you have a blast in Mexico! Good for you!

8 hours ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

Heartbreak is tough ... I wish I was the Tin Man 😂

I really like that Miranda Lambert song 💙💙💙

On 8/19/2019 at 6:01 PM, SophiaDeLaRue said:

Sorry your ex showed extreme stupidity. My recommendation is to get into a committed relationship with a geezer from '47.

1 hour ago, oldguy47 said:

Sorry your ex showed extreme stupidity. My recommendation is to get into a committed relationship with a geezer from '47.

😂😂😂😂 as long as I’m in the will 

9 hours ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

Having a sense of humor will break up your lonely sadness a bit. Enjoy Mexico !  A change of scenery also helps.

10 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

I’ve been told that ‘48 “from the brim to the dregs was a very good year.”

9 hours ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

Not unheard of.

1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

Having a sense of humor will break up your lonely sadness a bit. Enjoy Mexico !  A change of scenery also helps.

Thank you! I’m so excited for Mexico. 

Im keeping busy reading and networking. It’s helping a ton! 

Have a great weekend 

😘😘😘