Joanna Jaxxx

Remedies ?

69 posts in this topic

For heartbreak 💔

I know that time is the best remedy, but what can you do in the meantime while the time passes by? 

I don’t know how some of you do it. You put in 10+ years with someone just for it to go south 😩 

life goes on 🤷🏻‍♀️

This has happened to a number of us and I'm not sure there is one "best" remedy.  And for some of us, it takes longer than for others.  Time is part of the equation, but so is having some positive and supportive people in our lives.  For me, I needed to grieve fully and not cut the process short.  Good friends helped me a lot.

Sending you good and healing thoughts.

Why even be in a relationship when your involved in this hobby? Someone is bound to be hurt. 

4 hours ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

For heartbreak 💔

I know that time is the best remedy, but what can you do in the meantime while the time passes by? 

I don’t know how some of you do it. You put in 10+ years with someone just for it to go south 😩 

life goes on 🤷🏻‍♀️

Spend lots of time with your friends. They’ll remind you of your worth while keep you busy. Time is the only healer in these situations though. I’m sorry you’re hurting. If you ever need an ear or a drinking buddy - call me! Xo 

53 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

Why even be in a relationship when your involved in this hobby? Someone is bound to be hurt. 

I guess I should have been more clear but this has nothing to do with the hobby .  Not everyone is in this hobby 24/7 . 

My apologies for not being more clear. 

1 hour ago, average1 said:

This has happened to a number of us and I'm not sure there is one "best" remedy.  And for some of us, it takes longer than for others.  Time is part of the equation, but so is having some positive and supportive people in our lives.  For me, I needed to grieve fully and not cut the process short.  Good friends helped me a lot.

Sending you good and healing thoughts.

Thank you for the good and healing g thoughts. Things will get better

it just sucks when it’s so fresh lol 

14 minutes ago, JungleGeorge said:

Lmao! Thank you for that YouTube clip. I bursted out laughing as soon as he said ‘baby don’t hurt me’ 

11 minutes ago, Just Jos said:

Spend lots of time with your friends. They’ll remind you of your worth while keep you busy. Time is the only healer in these situations though. I’m sorry you’re hurting. If you ever need an ear or a drinking buddy - call me! Xo 

Thank you for the advice.  Sucks when you have time alone to think and you’re trying to focus your thoughts elsewhere. 

Guess it’s a good time for a gym membership but a drink sounds good too.  

Let’s do it sometime 😉

45 minutes ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

I guess I should have been more clear but this has nothing to do with the hobby .  Not everyone is in this hobby 24/7 . 

My apologies for not being more clear. 

If this is regarding you then yes it has to do with the hobby because you are in it and your SO probably isn’t? Those kind of relationship don’t work very well in the long run.

12 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

If this is regarding you then yes it has to do with the hobby because you are in it and your SO probably isn’t? Those kind of relationship don’t work very well in the long run.

Thanks for your input but prior to a year ago I’ve been out of the business for 5+ years. I should have made that clear. 

Just a regular relationship with no hobbying 

I understand what you’re saying but it doesn’t apply to this situation. 

💋💋💋

Thank you everyone for your input and I greatly appreciate it !

you guys are all wonderful!  All love no hate 

I appreciate everyone who commented. 

Xoxo 

41 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

How ridiculously ignorant to think that a  SW can’t have a supportive loving relationship with someone in or out of the hobby. Shows how much you know about our lives I suppose :) You’re speaking as if you have some sort of experience? And in that case I can sorta see what you mean, as I think client/provider relationships are waaayyy less successful than provider and civvies. 

After determining that there's nothing I can do about the event that caused my distress, my go to solution most often is to do something to help someone else. 

6 hours ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

For heartbreak 💔

life goes on 🤷🏻‍♀️

See the source image

9 hours ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

For heartbreak 💔

life goes on 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sorry to hear that. 15 years for me. On the other hand I wasn’t all that heart broken about it. Probably the best thing that ever happened to me. I know that doesn’t help. I’d say it will take you about a year or so to completely get past it. Waking up in the morning and trying to get out of bed sucked but you do things to keep your mind occupied if you can. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Just Jos said:

How ridiculously ignorant to think that a  SW can’t have a supportive loving relationship with someone in or out of the hobby. Shows how much you know about our lives I suppose :) You’re speaking as if you have some sort of experience? And in that case I can sorta see what you mean, as I think client/provider relationships are waaayyy less successful than provider and civvies. 

Maybe. I wouldn’t know. However, it doesn’t really help her right now to be fighting about what she did or didn’t do. I think it’s more important to offer her some support.

Well this question is probably asked by a million people  all over the world ,every day. I am sure there are probably a million answers.  It has been a while for me, but I still think of her. One reason I got back into the hobby but it  really wasn't the answer.  Keep yourself busy.  Do things that make you happy. A new hobby maybe. Something that takes up the part of your day that is slow.  If that is late evening like me, I baked, made wine and learned a few things.  In KC you can volunteer at the animal shelter for 4 hours or more a month,  if a pet is too much for your at this time.  If the weather is nice,  take a drive into the country. Make a few new friends. The possibilities are endless. It only takes the first step to start.

3 hours ago, Just Jos said:

I guess your one of many few percentages of woman who would be ok with your SO sleeping with other women/men for money?  More power to ya 😧

I know it hurts.

But for me just getting back out helped.

Maybe a new hobby or get back to being a provider.

Just get your mind off the past.

4 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

While I agree with you for my own reasons, I also know that people do things that don’t seem to make sense to the rest of us. You wouldn’t be human otherwise. She’s a human being. She is going to want to connect to another human being on a very personal level. This hobby/profession is a lonely path. Sometimes that pain clouds sound judgement. So while it can be liberating sometimes, it comes with its own inherent price, and I’m not referring to Benjis.

4 hours ago, fork said:

Get a dog. They will always love you.

Amen! Dogs are the best at making everything better.

The more people I meet the more I love my dogs.

I LOVE dogs. Humans? not so much.

I am so sorry, sweetheart.  I wish we had a magical way to take away the pain.  Sending you huge hugs and kisses.

14 hours ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

For heartbreak 💔

life goes on 🤷🏻‍♀️

Lots of good suggestions. I agree with many. I found that helping someone in need, or volunteering eases the pain. It's tougher to feel bad when you're bringing joy to another. Hang tough and when the feelings come, feel them, but don't let them consume you. You will persevere and be a stronger woman through this journey. 💪🙌🙏

Thank you for the kind words. 

I’m looking forward to finding a soup kitchen/animal shelter to volunteer some of my time. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do. 

1 hour ago, Raine-7379 said:

I am so sorry, sweetheart.  I wish we had a magical way to take away the pain.  Sending you huge hugs and kisses.

Thank you Raine!

I’m alright... it’s just so fresh. 

Everything is gonna be good. 

😘😘😘

5 hours ago, Turtle138 said:

I know it hurts.

But for me just getting back out helped.

Maybe a new hobby or get back to being a provider.

Just get your mind off the past.

Totally agree. Just sucks it happened Friday. Too soon lol too soon 

I’m already back at it.

I’ll be back to me in no time 😂

💋💋💋

5 hours ago, Vassago said:

Maybe. I wouldn’t know. However, it doesn’t really help her right now to be fighting about what she did or didn’t do. I think it’s more important to offer her some support.

6 hours ago, Crystyna said:

Self help books and podcasts!

Thank you  Crystyna! I don’t know why I didn’t think of that 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thank goodness you’re here 😘😘😘