Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daaacz

Screwed that one up

15 posts in this topic

Just a mini-rant because this bugged me and I need to get it off my chest:

I hate when this happens. I thought I was doing everything right, then I got this response. I assume she didn't like the verbiage I used, but can't really be sure. I guess I'll just be more careful about which terms I use in the future. Fortunately, I found someone else to spend my time with; someone I've had my eye on for quite a while. I think it worked out for the best.

2019-07-30 13_31_32-Window.png

WOW ...... I see nothing wrong with the question,  You could have asked sooooo many other truly inappropriate questions

Does she say outcall only in her ads/profile ? Does she have a list of her regular working  hours too? If no then I don't see anything wrong with asking for a general area or times she works. That is only good business, to let your  customers know your times and area. I guess you could figure out what a session would be like. There are a few like this.

She asked where you wanted to meet which might suggest she is only doing outcalls. I've run into push back a couple of times when asking what part of town a yl is in.  But to me, when I am driving in, knowing what general part of town she is in is a requirement for me to book.  Maybe you asked a slightly dumb questions, as the answers might have been on her site, but based on the conversation, her reaction was way overboard.

2 hours ago, daaacz said:

I hate when this happens. I thought I was doing everything right, then I got this response. I assume she didn't like the verbiage I used, but can't really be sure. I guess I'll just be more careful about which terms I use in the future. Fortunately, I found someone else to spend my time with; someone I've had my eye on for quite a while. I think it worked out for the best.

Generally where is your in call

"where is your in call"  would be her focus as in she has none. Or thinks that asking where her in call is not appropriate, even though you indicated generally.

Maybe phrasing the question; "what part of town works best for you."

thoughts

heck just telling  you're name should made her happy ..  so many text and there is no interdiction by the gent..

Completely inappropriate on her part.  You were respectful and doing everything correctly.  If the issue is that she only does outcall, then she can say so without coming off like a psycho.  Now, the only caveat is if she had "Outcall Only" all over her listing and/or website, in which case she probably thought you were just messing with her.

I thought of giving more details (incall vs. outcall, etc.) about her ad to continue the conversation and defend myself, but if I go too far it could identify her. That's not why I posted this. Sometimes you just need to vent a bit.

Thanks for the support, y'all! That's why I'm a member of this community.

19 hours ago, daaacz said:

2019-07-30 13_31_32-Window.png

Just out of curiosity  to your last response  did u response that  right away or after a 5 hours  just curiosity  of why she would say  that word

Unless something is left out - a message or two between your location inquiry and her going ballistic or explicitly clear ad that she only does outcalls - there is no excuse for her response.  That said, another example of the problem of proper communication via text.  In the absence of voice inflections (let alone body language) you simply have to make sure there is only one possible meaning to what you say.  I could take your question to be "what area of town are you in - DTC, Westminster, etc. - and what is the latest appointment time you offer?"  I could just as easily take it as "Most of the time where is your incall and when do you leave to head home?"  She may have taken it as the latter.  But again, she could have politely verified what you were asking before biting your head off.

Thank you for sharing, idk why but I can’t stop laughing at this! 

I thought it was hilarious too honestly. Shocking but hilarious.  For some ladies when they get msgs like this they think its funny, other ladies get worked up, others don't give it a thought, delete and keep it moving. I wonder how most guys take it when they get a reply like this.

I was also thinking when I used to list a number, i would get like 30 msgs of guys just messing with me hard and I'd get worked up, and then one nice guy who said one small thing wrong, I would lose my shit on him because I was in defense mode constantly. It wasn't cool on my part at all, and I couldn't hang, so i ditched the number. Now when I get emails or pms with questions that are posted in my ad or on my website, i just ignore and move on. I did laugh when I read the message exchange, but sorry @daaacz you got dumped on :(

we all have our cool and we all have our crazy for sure - and this type of dating is certainly no exception...

looks like you (OP) are seeing this through the right lens noting because of this you got to see someone you had, for a while, wanted to - definitely worked out for the best.

and a good post for many to see that sometimes you just gotta turn the page and go get another date and have your fun.

good on ya daaacz!

3 hours ago, gr8owl said:

That said, another example of the problem of proper communication via text.  In the absence of voice inflections (let alone body language) you simply have to make sure there is only one possible meaning to what you say.  

Email and text are especially poor ways to communicate. Research suggests that even among people who know each other, tone and intent are routinely misinterpreted. Among strangers, forgetaboutit. 

9 hours ago, Happymon said:

Email and text are especially poor ways to communicate. Research suggests that even among people who know each other, tone and intent are routinely misinterpreted. Among strangers, forgetaboutit. 

Sadly, this is so true. The very best of friends can be lost over email or text, something I personally experienced, unfortunately.