Hunter VanDyke

For the Old-timers...

133 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

There's something about older shows though.  Was watching Get Smart.  Barbara Feldon, oh hell yeah <drool>!

For me it was both Barbara Feldon on Get Smart and Emma Peale on The Avengers.  What fantasies they both inspired.

3 minutes ago, average1 said:

For me it was both Barbara Feldon on Get Smart and Emma Peale on The Avengers.  What fantasies they both inspired.

Don’t forget all the beauties that appeared  on...........

Love American Style.

I will now be singing the theme song all day!

Remember the original airing of Three's Company in the late 70's.  We kids had a running argument on who was funnier:  Mr. Roper or Mr. Furley.   Furley for me.

Here’s one...........

Casey Kasem’s American Top 40.

Sundays 1:00 pm till 5:00 on KYSM radio in Colo. Spgs.

Gee, I remember when women actually wore pantyhose and spandex was in fashion......

waiting in line at the theater to see rocky and then a year later star wars...

wow this thread is walking me through my youth...

On 8/1/2019 at 7:40 AM, average1 said:

I was also the remote.  But we were fancy because we had a large rooftop antenna.  However, we had friends in Janesville, WI that had a motorized antenna on their roof.  You turned it via a control to get either the Milwaukee, Madison or Chicago stations.  I thought it was soooo cool.

My parents had a motorized antenna as a kid. I had forgot about it.  Then we had the big satellite dish later on. Cable wasn't available until after I got out of college. 

6 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

My parents had a motorized antenna as a kid. I had forgot about it.  Then we had the big satellite dish later on. Cable wasn't available until after I got out of college. 

We had the motorized antenna too, but my aunt down the road had the old C-Band satellite dish, the big ones that looked like it was scanning the skies for the Russian bombers.  That was great, because you got the same feeds that the local stations did, without commercials.  So watching the nightly news, the talking heads would "cut to commercial", you'd hear the director say they're off the air, then they'd start picking their nose, scratching themselves, etc.  Funny stuff!

Yeah my dad got the giant  dish a couple of months before the signals started getting scrambled. I would watch the Playboy channel late at night after my folks went to sleep. It was a sad day once it was scrambled. You could see images but they were all different swirling colors.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:02 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

What makes you feel old? I went to get in the shower earlier, and usually I put on one of my spotify playlists or 80s music. Today I decided to put on the United States Top 50. Didn't know one damn song. Lol. Not only that, I didn't like one song either. I just kept thinking...damn I'm  getting old. Also thinking... damn I'm glad I didn't grow up in this generation. Also thinking...Damn saying that makes me sound old. 😂🤷‍♀️👍👩‍🦳

I went to the gym early this morning, only older peeps in the gym at 530am on a Sunday.  The music that was being played was literally making my head hurt.  

4 minutes ago, Bravo1 said:

I went to the gym early this morning, only older peeps in the gym at 530am on a Sunday.  The music that was being played was literally making my head hurt.  

First of all, Congratulations for being at the the gym at 5:30am on a Sunday! Beast Mode, wow. I'm trying to get back in a gym routine this week. You're another motivation.👏

You need to have headphones at the gym. Only YOU know what music motivates you, and gets you in your perfect workout groove. 💙

On 8/3/2019 at 7:55 AM, average1 said:

Honor Blackman (Pussy Galore in Goldfinger) preceded Diana Rigg (who also became a Bond girl) on The Avengers.

For obvious reasons I have never opened this thread. :D  a couple of weeks back I was walking into a convenience store and a young guy (18 or 19) on his way out held the door for me. I said thank you as I walked in and the little bastard said "anytime pops" , I was all the way in before I realized what he had said. thinking back it was early in the morning and the sun was in his face walking out. I'm sure he just didn't get a  good look at me. :D

On 8/2/2019 at 7:21 PM, LoneRebel said:

Does anyone remember the theme song to The Waltons?

No but didn’t the show always end, “Goodnight John boy “ or something like that?

5 minutes ago, boink36 said:

For obvious reasons I have never opened this thread. :D  a couple of weeks back I was walking into a convenience store and a young guy (18 or 19) on his way out held the door for me. I said thank you as I walked in and the little bastard said "anytime pops" , I was all the way in before I realized what he had said. thinking back it was early in the morning and the sun was in his face walking out. I'm sure he just didn't get a  good look at me. :D

He thought you were older?  Join the club😛😛😛

One word... Technology.  From being the only kid in the house able to set the Betamax clock and settings back in the day, to always being the "go to" guy for computers, and auto technology...  Never thought I would fall behind the curve! Inevitably I am now asking "why is my phone doing this" or "how do I change this?" to those many years younger...  

When you mention The Avengers nowadays, everyone would assume you were talking "Endgame". 

On 8/6/2019 at 6:13 PM, boink36 said:

It’s hard to face reality and our own mortality.

I look in the mirror in the mornings and ask, where did the last 20 years go?

4 hours ago, light kisser said:

I used to watch the tv show "soap" on a black and white tv.. :)

I'd totally forgotten about it! That show was hilarious!

Image result for tv show soap

On 8/6/2019 at 3:54 PM, Bit Banger said:

Honor Blackman (Pussy Galore in Goldfinger) preceded Diana Rigg (who also became a Bond girl) on The Avengers.

Don't forget two other Avengers stars. Ingrid Hafner (before Honor Blackman ) and Linda Thorson (who replaced Diana Rigg )  !!

On 8/6/2019 at 3:54 PM, Bit Banger said:

Finished binge watching GOT::

Took me awhile to figure out who was playing Olenna Tyrell.

When I meet one of you beautiful ladies and you want to go again and again!

That's when I know I'm getting old!

I remember at the park near where I lived, Menlo, when we finally gave up on DC power and went full AC.  

On 8/2/2019 at 7:21 PM, LoneRebel said:

Does anyone remember the theme song to The Waltons?

"  Here they come,walking down the street,getting funny looks from,everyone they meet....'

kidding,of course.

Crissy I think you are referring to "Oregon Trail". That's the game that came with every new Mac computer it was on a CD

On 7/31/2019 at 8:56 AM, Chrissy said:

A computer game on that big green screen in the 80's and some of the 90's we got to play on after we learned computer basics 😂

"Wagon Train" was a long running TV series starring Ward Bond.. "Waaaagon's Hooo"

To all of the older car buffs I would offer, "My 4 speed, dual quad, Posi-Traction 409 

On 7/29/2019 at 2:36 PM, petey-9950 said:

Remodeling commercial construction projects that I helped design back in the early 80’s as an architect.   

This has happened to me NUMEROUS times, chin up! HAHA

Me?

I lost a lot when I fractured my ankle and tore some tendons while..... dumb ass drum roll.....watering plants.(They were Snap Dragons, so that makes my injury cool)  I've been laid up since June 6. Seven weeks in "the boot". Another 3 weeks with a cane like I had a bent sticker bush crammed up my ass. No Harley riding, no working in the yard like I like to do, no walking for more than a couple hundred feet per day no being on my feet for only a few minutes per attempt........Bad stuff.... The days I feel good, I pay for it in spades the next day all swelled up and sore as Hell.. On the plus side. At least I'm walking, that's a very good thing. I've been a big, strong man my whole adult life. This has given me a new perspective and has been a very humbling experience.I guess my point is this: Never take for granted the things you have been blessed with, they can be taken away in an instant, your doing or not.

To all of my friends here, stay well and happy!  

You guys are hilarious...i always get a good laugh out of these kinds of posts!!!  Carry on!!  Good Post Hunter