Hunter VanDyke

For the Old-timers...

133 posts in this topic

For the record this is NOT a bash on the millennials post, because I love y'all to death. 💙

This is for the older generation that experiences these moments like I do. 😎

Peace✌

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

Remodeling commercial construction projects that I helped design back in the early 80’s as an architect.   

3 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

Remodeling commercial construction projects that I helped design back in the early 80’s as an architect.   

Oh damn Petey. That's trippy. Lol. Talk about nostalgia. 

Helping my oldest grandson rebuild a 1955 Chevy BelAir. He couldn't believe I was alive when it was brand new. Then he starts asking me what life was like "way back then". 

6 minutes ago, SixtiesDude said:

Helping my oldest grandson rebuild a 1955 Chevy BelAir. He couldn't believe I was alive when it was brand new. Then he starts asking me what life was like "way back then". 

I hope you told him way fucking cooler than it is now. 😎

Funny you bring this topic up: I was just talking to a co-worker today about making a different version of the track to The Jefferson’s tv show... adding different lyrics... it was hilarious but I was thinking.., I’m getting up there... 😄😄

He got very interested when I talked about mini-skirts, peasant blouses, no bras, free love, etc. So many memories (and mammeries). It was a good time to be alive.;)

19 minutes ago, fork said:

Mirrors

True! 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Wrangler05 said:

Funny you bring this topic up: I was just talking to a co-worker today about making a different version of the track to The Jefferson’s tv show... adding different lyrics... it was hilarious but I was thinking.., I’m getting up there... 😄😄

Oh I hope you post the new lyrics when you do 😁🎶

Talking to a young auto mechanic about changing out distributor points and condenser.

He looks at me and turns his head back and forth and says..............

“What are distributor points?”

I turned my back and walked away.

6 minutes ago, SixtiesDude said:

He got very interested when I talked about mini-skirts, peasant blouses, no bras, free love, etc. So many memories (and mammeries). It was a good time to be alive.;)

You're a naughty grandpa. I like it. Lol. 😈

Watching grandkids going off to college 

I helped build a launch pad at Cape Canaveral for big rockets. We thought it would be there at least 20years. Now being rebuilt for another company to launch small stuff.  I now have 6 great grandchildren - I guess getting old isn't for sissies!

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

What makes you feel old? 

Also thinking... damn I'm glad I didn't grow up in this generation. Also thinking...Damn saying that makes me sound old. 😂🤷‍♀️👍👩‍🦳

I can relate, for sure! Every morning when I wake up, something hurts. Hips, shoulders, hands, knees, etc. That makes me feel old!

When I see people weaving in and out of traffic, I call them idiots...just like my parents used to!

th?id=OIP.LBqMM0IPl9CKFpQlZIqYQgHaGF&pid

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Oh, did I say that out loud?

24 minutes ago, Seeker5280 said:

Talking to a young auto mechanic about changing out distributor points and condenser.

Distributor points?  That’s a good one.  What did he have to say about carburetors?   I remember designing an electronic ignition system for my boss’s 2-cycle go cart in the 70s.

Music is probably my biggest cultural tell.  But that makes me older than I am because I prefer the big band era stuff over the hard rock of my youth.

Physically it’s lack of wind at altitude.  Things have never quite been the same since they re-routed the plumbing in my heart.

8 minutes ago, pointymoustache said:

I guess getting old isn't for sissies!

You're right about that...it's for champs. If you're still kickin in here, you're definitely a champ. 😎

37 minutes ago, Seeker5280 said:

He looks at me and turns his head back and forth and says..............

“What are distributor points?”

I turned my back and walked away.

I always thought distributor points are what beer distributors got for selling more beer. 🤔

Wait..stop, come back! It's car stuff! Please come back! 🙏😂

I hurt when I get up in the morning. It's scary walking past the mirror in the bathroom. No energy. Worst is I can't get it all the way up any more.

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Oh I hope you post the new lyrics when you do 😁🎶

Well, we kept changing the lyrics and haven’t gotten the complete song yet... But heres a small sample...😀:   🎼took a whole lotta tryin, but I just couldn’t pay my bills, had my chance at the big leagues, gettin my turn at bat, every time I did, I struck out baby, there’s something really wrong with that... I’m moving on down... to the south side, to a run down apartment in the slums...moo-o-vin on down ...🎼🎼

George: “hows that version, Weezy?”

When I figured out that I was exactly three times the age of my ATATF (when we met).

Edited by BadBoy

16 minutes ago, Wrangler05 said:

Well, we kept changing the lyrics and haven’t gotten the complete song yet... But heres a small sample...😀:   🎼took a whole lotta tryin, but I just couldn’t pay my bills, had my chance at the big leagues, gettin my turn at bat, every time I did, I struck out baby, there’s something really wrong with that... I’m moving on down... to the south side, to a run down apartment in the slums...moo-o-vin on down ...🎼🎼

11 minutes ago, Wrangler05 said:

George: “hows that version, Weezy?”

Lmao! I just finished singing it to our friend who can't be online yet. Cracking my ass up because I'm tone deaf,  and can't sing a tune to save my life. Must love you both. Many can relate to this version. 😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

When I figured out that I was exactly three times the age of my ATATF (when we met).

Ouch huh! Lol. At least you can still have fun with your ATATF. Keeps us young baby! 😘😘😘

I fucking love you for sharing this video at @mountainrider33. If I could, I'd end this thread with your vid. That and happy birthday to my very special friend today...who's an older gent, but still runs circles around the kids. Happy birthday Baby!! 

41 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Lmao! I just finished singing it to our friend who can't be online yet. Cracking my ass up because I'm tone deaf,  and can't sing a tune to save my life. Must love you both. Many can relate to this version. 😂😂😂

Stay tuned... one day I’ll sit down and re-write the whole song... we were dancing around to that tune at work it was funny 😄 🤣🤣

Becoming invisible to most all women except those compensated for time and companionship or  who look like my grandmother. 

Edited by Happymon
Clarity

Right now I'm watching a TV show that's older than me.  But not by much...

I applied the "half your age plus seven" rule and I realized I'd never call a provider that old.