Calik8

When your sleep cycle is off!

29 posts in this topic

Have you ever slept in to late and messed your sleep cycle up? How do you handle it and fix it?

looking for tips!

Yep, and it messes up my whole day. I just cant get it going. And I have difficulty falling asleep that night. Really screws up my circadian rhythm.To prevent sleeping too late, I set my alarm clock every night. Even on weekends. 

9 minutes ago, SixtiesDude said:

Yep, and it messes up my whole day. I just cant get it going. And I have difficulty falling asleep that night. Really screws up my circadian rhythm.To prevent sleeping too late, I set my alarm clock every night. Even on weekends. 

That’s a good idea

Don’t nap and keep the same schedule.  Be active during the day and at night falling asleep shouldn’t be an issue.  

I recently had some family visit from out of state and all the partying we did has completely thrown off my sleep and wake schedule! I’m trying like hell to get back into my routine!

Go to bed at the same time every night & get up same time very day , Don't keep you're phone by the bed 

Turn off and power down hr before bed time ..  Good Luck 

1 hour ago, lustybustygina said:

Go to bed at the same time every night & get up same time very day , Don't keep you're phone by the bed 

Yes,  I too have heard about electronics messing with our sleep cycles! If I don’t get out and do a big walk or do something physical? Some times my sleeping gets all out of wack too Calik8 that sucks! 😘😘

1 hour ago, Stang03 said:

I recently had some family visit from out of state and all the partying we did has completely thrown off my sleep and wake schedule! I’m trying like hell to get back into my routine!

Yes got to love the family visits! 😘😘 think this also happens to me too!

2 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Yes got to love the family visits! 😘😘 think this also happens to me too!

Lol! Every time they come over I always say I’m not going to go overboard but once they come it’s like the movie Animal House! A whole week of partying and then they leave and I always say I’m never going to do that again!

happens all the time thanks to southwest - got home 2 weeks ago at 3:30am - probably the 5th time YTD this has happened...

my experience tells me the best thing to do is get up at the same hour and power through the day and go to bed at your normal time that night - alway gets me back on track...

5 hours ago, lustybustygina said:

Basically I agree except I stay in bed an extra hour on Sundays. My large dog (golden doodle) comes in and stands by the bed about the same time every day. He doesn't bark just stands there and expects me to open my eyes and pet him.

What works best for me is to go out and take plenty of natural sun light. That helps your body to clearly identify what day and night is and that helps your brain when to give the right instructions to your whole body and adjust accordingly.

22 hours ago, Bora Bora said:

What works best for me is to go out and take plenty of natural sun light. That helps your body to clearly identify what day and night is and that helps your brain when to give the right instructions to your whole body and adjust accordingly.

It helped a lot Thank you for the advice!!

to everyone who gave advice Thank you so so much 

On 7/22/2019 at 1:46 AM, Calik8 said:

Have you ever slept in to late and messed your sleep cycle up? How do you handle it and fix it?

looking for tips!

If you are for the most part providing yourself a healthy lifestyle meaning an actual diet that unless there are present health concerns that restrict or limit what you can or cannot eat, not using illicit drugs or even abusing prescribed medication, cut out alcohol  entirely, exercise even if it is taking the stairs, walking or riding a bike instead of driving and are getting a good amount of natural Vitamin D which is direct sunlight. As a medical professional in med school we learn that a adult person that has zero health related conditions should get 800 to 1,000 IU per day. To break it down if your arms and legs get 10 to 15 mins of sun in the right circumstances (weather/climate/region permitting) 4 to 5 days out of the week it can be enough to have the right amount of natural vitamin D. If you are darker complexioned person meaning you have a great amount of melanin (pigment) to your skin then you need more exposure to sunlight daily, weekly. Also and when I say this I know it is a ludicrous notion but reduce stress. Weather it is to get in a routine freeing up much need time for R & R so that your brain can slow down so that it is easier to fall asleep or if there are outside aggregators like noises, an individual etc. then remove them or remove yourself and then you will be able to fall asleep easier, stay asleep and wake up recharged and refreshed. 

I like to call one of you beautiful ladies on tob whenever my sleep cycle is off and OMG just like that it's all better no matter what time of day it is!

Thank you lovely ladies!

💋😍🤩😘

I've always been told since I was a kid that everyone should find time to go up to the mountains for a camping trip (maybe just a few days for the weekend) at least once a year because it is a good healthy way to reset your inner clock and things like that. It works best to get away from all the technology and everything.

On 7/29/2019 at 0:32 PM, Strange_Ice said:

I've always been told since I was a kid that everyone should find time to go up to the mountains for a camping trip (maybe just a few days for the weekend) at least once a year because it is a good healthy way to reset your inner clock and things like that. It works best to get away from all the technology and everything.

this .............:cool:^^^^^^^^:cool:

On 7/28/2019 at 0:55 AM, Calisurfgirl said:

If you are for the most part providing yourself a healthy lifestyle meaning an actual diet that unless there are present health concerns that restrict or limit what you can or cannot eat, not using illicit drugs or even abusing prescribed medication, cut out alcohol  entirely, exercise even if it is taking the stairs, walking or riding a bike instead of driving and are getting a good amount of natural Vitamin D which is direct sunlight. As a medical professional in med school we learn that a adult person that has zero health related conditions should get 800 to 1,000 IU per day. To break it down if your arms and legs get 10 to 15 mins of sun in the right circumstances (weather/climate/region permitting) 4 to 5 days out of the week it can be enough to have the right amount of natural vitamin D. If you are darker complexioned person meaning you have a great amount of melanin (pigment) to your skin then you need more exposure to sunlight daily, weekly. Also and when I say this I know it is a ludicrous notion but reduce stress. Weather it is to get in a routine freeing up much need time for R & R so that your brain can slow down so that it is easier to fall asleep or if there are outside aggregators like noises, an individual etc. then remove them or remove yourself and then you will be able to fall asleep easier, stay asleep and wake up recharged and refreshed. 

Good info.  I definitely look into trying harder at this.  Thank you for sharing!

Try some melatonin about an hour before bedtime.  1mg-5mg is the typical dose.  Start low, figure out what works for you.  Good luck

1 hour ago, Phil-anderer said:

Try some melatonin about an hour before bedtime.  1mg-5mg is the typical dose.  Start low, figure out what works for you.  Good luck

I tried a drink called neuro sleep this week and it just knocked me out.... it combines melatonin along with a number of other things. Within just 15-20 mins maybe I just could not keep my eyes open...

3 hours ago, Strange_Ice said:

I tried a drink called neuro sleep this week and it just knocked me out.... it combines melatonin along with a number of other things. Within just 15-20 mins maybe I just could not keep my eyes open...

How was your sleep? Do you have any strange/vivid dreams?  

I only drank half the bottle at a time.. Normally I dont sleep well at all... i toss and turn all night but the last 2 nights were a little better then normal. There was far less moments of waking up. And the last 2 mornings were definitely better then normal and easier to wake up (I hate mornings and get up at 3am for work). Normally I'm constantly dosing off on the way in to work but the last 2 mornings have been a lot easier to stay awake while I drive in. As far as dreams which I rarely have in the first place there wasn't anything the last 2 nights (though the rare times I do dream, far more often then not, I tend to be a lucid dreamer anyways)

Edited by Strange_Ice

27 minutes ago, Strange_Ice said:

I only drank half the bottle at a time.. Normally I dont sleep well at all... i toss and turn all night but the last 2 nights were a little better then normal. There was far less moments of waking up. And the last 2 mornings were definitely better then normal and easier to wake up (I hate mornings and get up at 3am for work). Normally I'm constantly dosing off on the way in to work but the last 2 mornings have been a lot easier to stay awake while I drive in. As far as dreams which I rarely have in the first place there wasn't anything the last 2 nights (though the rare times I do dream, far more often then not, I tend to be a lucid dreamer anyways)

Thanks babe.  I'll give it a try. Glad it's helping you so far. 💙

On 7/22/2019 at 6:44 AM, SixtiesDude said:

To prevent sleeping too late, I set my alarm clock every night. Even on weekends. 

On 7/22/2019 at 11:33 AM, lustybustygina said:

On 7/23/2019 at 3:15 PM, Bora Bora said:

I really need to start doing all of this. The longer the office is closed, the more shut in I get and the more erratic my sleep schedule gets. Too much time working in front of a computer and I keep losing track of time, and days go by before I find time to go outside during daylight hours. 

I always recommend this video as a great start for folks with sleep issues. There's many causes to sleep issues, and there's no one particular fix. 

Melatonin can really help... people whose issue is low melatonin for example.  However, if your issue isn't low melatonin, and you take it anyways, your body adjust by not making it's own anymore.  So if you ever stop, you won't sleep for a few days because your body has to learn that it needs to start making it's own again.

For some people it's sleep anxiety.  You get anxious because you're not sleeping well, which makes your cortisol levels go higher at night because of the anxiety, which then prevents you from sleeping because of high cortisol at night.

A few of your know this about me, but I stopped sleeping for about 9 months straight several years back.  I'd get a few micro-naps of 15-30 minutes throughout the day, just enough that I did not die.  It took months to figure out what was wrong, trying various meds and such, but honestly this video helped more than anything else to get back to normal functioning levels of sleep.  It still rears up occasionally (it's a chronic condition but mostly manageable) so I rewatch this to help get back on track.

14 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

I always recommend this video as a great start for folks with sleep issues. There's many causes to sleep issues, and there's no one particular fix.

Not sure if the video touched base on this as I've only watched the first 15 minutes so far...

But its also recommended when waking up at night to do something boring is to always do this in a low light environment so you don't activate the brain to a more wakened state.

9 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Not sure if the video touched base on this as I've only watched the first 15 minutes so far...

But its also recommended when waking up at night to do something boring is to always do this in a low light environment so you don't activate the brain to a more wakened state.

Yeah, the idea is to train your brain to do what you want it to do.  Get it in the habit and routine of sleeping properly.  So many people take a real passive approach, when often it requires active training the brain. You gotta beat that damn thing into submission!

On 7/22/2019 at 5:27 PM, pointymoustache said:

Basically I agree except I stay in bed an extra hour on Sundays. My large dog (golden doodle) comes in and stands by the bed about the same time every day. He doesn't bark just stands there and expects me to open my eyes and pet him.

Animals are beautiful and help support our sleep. My cat often gets me back to sleep and I love his snoring. 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki