smasharu

Useless reviews

86 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Amber Allure said:

I think this topic is kind of appalling

We should require that the men we see, and invite into our homes, and give access to our bodies, should write out every little detail with all our activities spelled out? 

I do not think so.

I don't allow explicit reviews because I'm not a restaurant with a menu... Everything is different with everyone. I may dfk one date, because the chemistry is right, and then not want to with my next because he's a smoker that had a cigarette in my parking lot.

If you need dire information, you can privately discuss the activities further in a message. I don't see how hard that is. 

Yes, be very grateful to have what we have, because everyone freaked out when the reviews disappeared. I'd rather have what we have than not at all. And I'm okay with reviews being very light in detail. To each their own. 

Thank you Amber. 

I'm a newcomer here, but as someone who used to write detailed reviews, I really prefer the trend toward less explicit reviews. Everything that can happen between a provider and a client is YMMV, and depends as much on the client's behavior as it does on the provider.

On 2/10/2020 at 0:45 PM, wglide2003 said:

I had a review denied with the note from administration. "Please resubmit the review with more details in the experience field as she has less then 10 reviews ".

Me too!  damned if you do, damned if you don't..... 

On 7/16/2019 at 8:48 PM, Admiral C said:

If I'm buying a $300 concert ticket, I DAMNED sure intend to know who's on stage FIRST. If I can't find out...my hand can turn on the radio for free and will happily do so without bitching.

If you are paying that much for a concert ticket....would it not be best to get there in time to catch the entire bill ?

As for the ladies,never been one to worry about a menu....rather just enjoy the experience without a script.

10 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

If you are paying that much for a concert ticket....would it not be best to get there in time to catch the entire bill ?

As for the ladies,never been one to worry about a menu....rather just enjoy the experience without a script.

I think you missed my meaning. By FIRST, I mean I want to know who's on the bill before I buy the ticket.  While a script can be a drag, it is also true that I like what I like and am not interested much in other aspects. Now when other comparisons get made, I know some ladies ( and some guys) get offended, so let me try to keep it in context. So what I want is NOT on the menu, and I settle for what is. Then she holds out her hand for $300 and I say....Sorry, thats not on the menu. However, I DO have a goat and 3 chickens out in the truck.... 

5 hours ago, Admiral C said:

I think you missed my meaning.

Actually..I didn't.Simply had a tad bit of fun with your analogy.

This is likely a reiteration but wth...ymmv is often the nature of the beast, and I don't think I'd want it any other way. Personally, I've found that the more open-minded and less fixated on receiving specific services I was, the better the experience not just wrt my enjoyment of that experience, but the content of the experience itself. :)

On 7/14/2019 at 9:00 AM, smasharu said:

It is a bit annoying and pointless to post reviews that dont give (at very least) acrynoms. What the heck can a guy use from a review like “wow great time with ******. I won’t go into much detail (or even worse) the details are best kept to myself”.  Dude save us people, who are actually trying to use this site to save us and providers time, from combing through 3/4 of useless reviews. 

There is this sometimes difficult balance to reach between giving too much info in a review (and pissing off a provider) and not giving enough info (and having admin deny your review) so I've learned to keep it simple, throw in a well-known acronym and then just wait for the private messages to come where I can then go into more detail privately.  

I have written more than 30 reviews and I don't think I have listed a specific activity in any of them.   I don't consider it my job to run test laps for the lazy, I do however like to alert my friends to hidden jewels and sweethearts, not to help the menu-driven laze-turds achieve even higher levels of expectation.

Truth of the matter is that I am such a total hunk with such a big, gorgeous, dick that I get all kinds of special attention that I wouldn't want to translate into acronyms, since you might show up all nasty and needle-like and not be entitled to any of those goodies.  Why would I want to build your frustration, and annoy all of the sweet ladies that provided special treatment just for me?   :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I use the reviews to see if most folks think the photos generally are accurate, to ensure that the sweet lady is not a cop, and to see if the general tone is positive.  Some times I see someone interesting post, note that there are 18 "yes" reviews, no "no" reviews and I never even bother to read the reviews - what the hell, life is a crap-shoot anyway, why not go in with low expectations and see what a little charm and a persistent tongue will get you?

YMMV

Edited by BadBoy

On 7/21/2019 at 10:59 AM, carpediem-6586 said:

So what exactly is a "contributor to the community "??  I guess I missed the checklist for how many months you have to belong to TOB, how many reviews you need to have, and how many time you need to "post" before you can be taken "seriously " on the board........

There are actually some members who quietly use the board for information and post reviews when they have a session.  Some of us don't feel the need have posted 2,600 times and feel like that makes me something special......

Peace out......

It is the gatekeeping and policing of posts what have killed this once great discussion forum.

and is always the same people

we should spend less time telling folks what NOT to do and support our community by visiting our ladies

7 minutes ago, Todoesprivado said:

It is the gatekeeping and policing of posts what have killed this once great discussion forum.

and is always the same people

we should spend less time telling folks what NOT to do and support our community by visiting our ladies

On 2/10/2020 at 0:45 PM, wglide2003 said:

There is some inconsistency some reviews are very generic and convey the lady is legit. The intent is not to embarrass the lady, as the saying goes YMMV.

I had a review denied with the note from administration. "Please resubmit the review with more details in the experience field as she has less then 10 reviews ".

I just had this happen to me as well. (For the first time)  I admit I don't post many reviews, but I never had one denied until now.  I added more detail until my review was a couple of paragraphs long.  It was denied a second time.  I was advised by the admin to look at other reviews of providers with less then 10 reviews in the past 12 months. (I thought it might be a new policy but now I see it's not)   And I noticed they were much shorter in length, but had all the abbreviations and acronyms.  I just am not comfortable submitting a review like that. I then submitted a review on Private Delights with no issue.  I hate to say it, but if you have less then 10 reviews here, I won't submit a review for you.  (Maybe on Private Delights)  I understand that might mean ladies might not want to see me, but I need to stay true to what I am comfortable with.

On 8/4/2023 at 11:52 PM, TML93 said:

I just had this happen to me as well. (For the first time)  I admit I don't post many reviews, but I never had one denied until now.  I added more detail until my review was a couple of paragraphs long.  It was denied a second time.  I was advised by the admin to look at other reviews of providers with less then 10 reviews in the past 12 months. (I thought it might be a new policy but now I see it's not)   And I noticed they were much shorter in length, but had all the abbreviations and acronyms.  I just am not comfortable submitting a review like that. I then submitted a review on Private Delights with no issue.  I hate to say it, but if you have less then 10 reviews here, I won't submit a review for you.  (Maybe on Private Delights)  I understand that might mean ladies might not want to see me, but I need to stay true to what I am comfortable with.

The logic behind this requirement is difficult to understand, at best.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, JoDoe27 said:

Since it’s been said about the lady not being LEO I have to ask; has there ever been a review that said, “she’s LEO. STAY AWAY!”? Any iteration of that phrase will suffice to answer the question. I’m just trying to figure out how or if that’s conveyed in a review. Or is it even allowed? Granted there are busts but there also seems to be a level of apophenia at play as well. 

I suspect that IF the lady was LE the client would not be writing a review ....... that would just be more evidence that would be used against him if it went to court.

26 minutes ago, mustang said:

I suspect that IF the lady was LE the client would not be writing a review ....... that would just be more evidence that would be used against him if it went to court.

Man I had to think back to this one given how much time has passed… Your comment makes sense and I followed up here. The LE callout when it was a thing assuming it’s no longer a thing just seemed…pointless. 

On 8/10/2023 at 8:04 PM, mustang said:

I once asked the mods if it would be OK to share a traffic stop that happened after visiting a friend and was told it'd be FUD.

I have to agree with the original poster, a lot of the times people are like I'm looking for this or that and then they get a response on here this is we'll just search that, but when you've got such vague reviews it's hard to find what you're actually looking for. I personally will not visit a provider unless I can understand what I'm going to get out of it without making it awkward while trying to make the appointment. I need acronyms or I need the word safety used in a way that indicates what my French lesson may be. If I can't figure that information out I'm not going to book. 

On 9/28/2023 at 11:40 AM, Misterfox75 said:

I have to agree with the original poster, a lot of the times people are like I'm looking for this or that and then they get a response on here this is we'll just search that, but when you've got such vague reviews it's hard to find what you're actually looking for. I personally will not visit a provider unless I can understand what I'm going to get out of it without making it awkward while trying to make the appointment. I need acronyms or I need the word safety used in a way that indicates what my French lesson may be. If I can't figure that information out I'm not going to book. 

Do you need help screening the ladies here? Guys can you help OP?                                                       

I’m not so sure, any lady is going to outline your hour meeting ahead of time. That’s so uncouth, illegal and gross, in my opinion, and A LOT DEPENDS ON YOU AND YOUR ATTITUDE. What happened with Joe may not happen with Jim, as Jim didn’t wash his hiney or brush his teeth.🤷‍♀️ I’m confused.  I’m not going to interview with someone for an hour booking. 🤔🙄 Either you want to visit ME or not. 

Geeeeeeze, it’s not that difficult. I think street walkers have MENUS though,  if you’re after that. 

On 9/28/2023 at 1:40 PM, Misterfox75 said:

It's not that hard if you stick with well reviewed TOB companions. Those with many good reviews have them for a reason - guys like to visit. Most will have at least a few reviews with specific details/acronyms - but YMMV. Always. You can.also sign up for TER where reviews are more detailed. Many TOB companions are listed there. You can also DM other clients with specific questions. I have found over time that showing up with a checklist doesn't always produce the desired result. If you make sure she is having fun, you probably will too. You get what you give. Find a few with whom you click and see them over and over. It almost always gets better and better....

On 10/3/2023 at 9:34 PM, sb1212 said:

It's not that hard if you stick with well reviewed TOB companions. Those with many good reviews have them for a reason - guys like to visit. Most will have at least a few reviews with specific details/acronyms - but YMMV. Always. You can.also sign up for TER where reviews are more detailed. Many TOB companions are listed there. You can also DM other clients with specific questions. I have found over time that showing up with a checklist doesn't always produce the desired result. If you make sure she is having fun, you probably will too. You get what you give. Find a few with whom you click and see them over and over. It almost always gets better and better....

I'm at the point where I just give up on putting reviews on ToB. I'm not really into putting in the effort to write them just to have it denied for poorly conceived reasons. The mods just completely fail at facilitating reviews. That's fine, their site, they can do with it what they please. Sites like TER and PD make it far easier to post reviews and have a much wider audience. Sites like Tryst make finding ladies significantly easier. Every time I think about partaking in this hobby I find less and less use for ToB. Even my ToB "OKs" are worthless outside of the limited pool ToB offers. The benefit to me for using ToB to house OKs and reviews is just too artificially limited to justify the effort.

Well, all of this may be true, but for now, I'm going to keep reading them, and I'm going to keep writing them. Feel free to disregard them as you see fit.

On 7/14/2019 at 9:00 AM, smasharu said:

It is a bit annoying and pointless to post reviews that dont give (at very least) acrynoms. What the heck can a guy use from a review like “wow great time with ******. I won’t go into much detail (or even worse) the details are best kept to myself”.  Dude save us people, who are actually trying to use this site to save us and providers time, from combing through 3/4 of useless reviews. 

This is when you just reach out to the hobbyist who posted tge review and ask for more details.  Posting reviews can be challenging.  Post too much detail and certain providers get upset, don't post enough details and admin will deny your review.  It's an interesting balancing act

On 10/11/2023 at 2:42 PM, Mustang87 said:

Well, all of this may be true, but for now, I'm going to keep reading them, and I'm going to keep writing them. Feel free to disregard them as you see fit.

It's undeniable that there are very few negative reviews. But I do recall seeing a no-show review for a prominent lady a couple of weeks ago. There was no rebuttal to it, which surprised me. Now I just saw that the review has been removed.  Is there a process, beyond a rebuttal, where a lady can get a negative review removed after it has posted? Just curious. It's also possible that the reviewer was removed along with his reviews.  But I forgot his name so I can't look into that.  

Each experience can be different. I usually ask guys leaving me reviews not to put certain things we did in the reviews because I don't want others to EXPECT them to.  

On 7/14/2019 at 1:05 PM, Dita said:

You should be able to tell if you and the provider will be a good fit during the first 5 mins of your conversation. Frustrating yes. Some guys just don't feel the need to describe the session in complete detail. Each experience for provider/client is different. Convesation is key

How much conversion is needed?  Seems like a lot of useless fruitless conversation with 300 people to find one good client.  I want to interact with members only as the others not in the community seem to be a waste of time for the most part.