smasharu

Useless reviews

86 posts in this topic

It is a bit annoying and pointless to post reviews that dont give (at very least) acrynoms. What the heck can a guy use from a review like “wow great time with ******. I won’t go into much detail (or even worse) the details are best kept to myself”.  Dude save us people, who are actually trying to use this site to save us and providers time, from combing through 3/4 of useless reviews. 

You should be able to tell if you and the provider will be a good fit during the first 5 mins of your conversation. Frustrating yes. Some guys just don't feel the need to describe the session in complete detail. Each experience for provider/client is different. Convesation is key

This is exactly why I will no longer go into these kinds of details publicly. However, if you read back to my old reviews, you get the picture on what kind of activities I generally enjoy. I understand your frustration. I’ve left more than a few appointments a little disappointed. You could also PM members for more details. I’m usually pretty open with most people who ask me if they have at least a little established time with this site.

Edited by Vassago
Sorry this was meant to be a quote to frankenthaler. Damn phone.

I too miss the detailed reviews. However, we can use some references to activities and the listings still have a place to search for activities (even though is not titled).

6 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Damn. Be grateful for what we have. Unfortunately we don't get every thing we want in life handed to us on a silver platter. Yes, I miss the days of acronyms and more deets, It was very helpful for clients in choosing a provider or not choose a provider for their specific preference, but that's not happening. Let it go already, and work with what we have. You think they're useless the way they are now? Trust me, if they were to completely disappear, that's when you really appreciate what you had. Usually when its gone. 

Not too long ago both acronym descriptions and detail sections were completely removed. That sucked for a while. That being said, ladies should be more patient with guys who are trying to get basic info from them. If you don’t have a website or p411 account, at some point if it’s not readily available we are going to have to ask the big question.... 

“What color is your hair today?”

I’ve had reviews denied with much more detail than the previous reviewers of the same lady!

That's really up to the lady to discuss what she's comfortable discussing. It's not a matter of patience, it's a matter of what we're willing to discuss at all with someone we've never met. If you aren't comfortable with her response or lack of, you get to move on and choose someone else. 

My hair color is the same color it's been since Ive been posting 😂

6 minutes ago, Vassago said:

Not too long ago both acronym descriptions and detail sections were completely removed. That sucked for a while. That being said, ladies should be more patient with guys who are trying to get basic info from them. If you don’t have a website or p411 account, at some point if it’s not readily available we are going to have to ask the big question.... 

“What color is your hair today?”

Now that I think about it, that’s pretty clever.

”How many times have you dyed your hair this week, darling?”

”Six.”

”Whoah! That’s way too many times for me but have a great afternoon.”

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

That's really up to the lady to discuss what she's comfortable discussing. It's not a matter of patience, it's a matter of what we're willing to discuss at all with someone we've never met. If you aren't comfortable with her response or lack of, you get to move on and choose someone else. 

My hair color is the same color it's been since Ive been posting 😂

Sure. I think you might have misunderstood my point, though. I wasn’t really talking about acronyms or what hair color. At some point donation amount has to be established. If it isn’t accessible on a website or profile somewhere, the info needs to be conveyed through contact. Hence the copious requests (I’m only assuming) that consist of only,

‘IC/OC? Availability? Rate?’ by newbies.

In other cases, like mine recently, where I had to ask for this fundamental piece of information only after several texts were exchanged, back and forth, I find that she was out of my available range. The point is, if she had a website or p411 profile or ANY indication of her rates/location I wouldn’t have wasted her time. I think sometimes ladies get pissed off when guys have to decline. That’s the main gist of my ‘patience’ comment. This new environment has made it very difficult for ladies to get established on p411. I understand that, but if you have no website, we have to ask some basic questions. And believe me, I have no problems ‘moving on’ if that can’t be done.

While the OP was probably thinking more along the lines of acronyms, the same theme can carry over to other pieces of information. I used donation amount as an example but equally important to me is location and who gets to host the party.

Edited by Vassago
Longer posts bound to have mistakes

2 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

So the OP has been a TOB member 17 months, has posted 2 reviews almost a year ago and his first post is a rant about the lack of details and acronyms in reviews.

What is irritating are the Johnny Come Latelys ranting on their first ever post about something when they have not been a contributing member of TOB.

Be grateful for what we have. Whisperer could have decided to shut down TOB with the passing of Fosta/Sesta.

TheWhisperer is doing what is necessary to keep TOB viable for our community.

Thank you Whisperer, Kaduk and Boink for all your hard work.

Sorry but the OP has a valid point. He is not blaming the the staff here, he stated quite succinctly details, as allowed, are appreciated.

12 minutes ago, inkspot said:

Sorry but the OP has a valid point. He is not blaming the the staff here, he stated quite succinctly details, as allowed, are appreciated.

His are very little more informative than what he is complaining about, so .......... 

In the current atmosphere as long as one can tell she is not a sting, not a rip off, does respond quickly is a reasonable expectation.  Wording like "everything covered", "moderate safety rules" are definitely appreciated add ons.  Explicit detail just asks for trouble in post Sesta/Fosta and always created many unreasonable expectations because YMMV always comes into play.

Remember the days when you went to the back of the RMO or WestWord and found,

“Susie Creamschmere 555-1211” (*)

That was all the information you had. No reviews!  No photos!

Man up!  No one promised you a rose garden.

(*) Yes, it was probably a 7-digit phone number.

40 minutes ago, inkspot said:

I stand by what I said.  

If you’re not a contributor to the community, don’t bitch about the way things are done.

11 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I stand by what I said.  

If you’re not a contributor to the community, don’t bitch about the way things are done.

Well what In your eyes defines the level of contribution that allows one full access to lay it all out there? He’s literally contributed to the community. And if still sees providers he is still contributing to the community though maybe unseen. So what are we talking here? 

You might not like my question but gatekeeping does little good for anyone. 

There are all levels of contribution. Some contribute more then others. Every drop counts. As for reviews, any Intel is better than nothing at all. I appreciate the fact that I will go home without a mugshot or getting robbed, if I see a girl that has been reviewed a lot. I think we can all agree to that. Which is the primary reason we are here. Every encounter will be different. I have read graphic reviews but my visit didn't compare. Maybe it was sugar-coated or a bad day. I still got what I went there for. You will never appreciate what you have until it is gone forever. 

12 hours ago, smasharu said:

It is a bit annoying and pointless to post reviews that dont give (at very least) acrynoms. What the heck can a guy use from a review like “wow great time with ******. I won’t go into much detail (or even worse) the details are best kept to myself”.  Dude save us people, who are actually trying to use this site to save us and providers time, from combing through 3/4 of useless reviews. 

Great first post......NOT....😂 

I see your preference in your reviews....given you've reviewed on 2 sessions totaling 45 minutes...(sigh...) and your first review is pretty pointless.... is it important to know that you and a lady thought the cops were there for different reasons? Anyways...  🤷‍♀️

#readmorereviews

if it ain't safe, it ain't fun...

and as much as the content has changed over the years there is enough still on the boards to make your choices unless you have some unique perversion that is off the beaten date path - truthfully too much private BCD information cast into the public eye could be misinterpreted as illegal - and do more damage than good to this little community - after all this just a dating site...

certainly not a perfect dating world - but please don't judge those who are posting the content they feel they need to in order to date safely and keep their dates safe - i'm sure this content is policed by many types of people...

plus, if memory serves me, there can be a downside to having a review overloaded with acronyms and volcanic content in so far as guys may go galloping into date with high expectations when the acronym that over time has been tried and true is YMMV...

if you have a gal you want to date, and there's enough content here to indicate she's a safe date then just go see her - after a good date or two and a little time and a little trust you will find that you can ask a lot of questions BCD and utilize back channels to navigate into your DOMA, Dates of Many Acronyms...

It is my understanding that ladies prefer not to give out any information prior to insuring that the questioning party is not LE.  Is that not so?  By emailing/texting rates, services, etc, without that fundamental information, we are putting ourselves at risk.  That being said it is totally understandable to want to know what a lady charges for her companionship prior to meeting, because how embarrassing would it be to show up and be short (pun intended).  Perhaps there is another way to politely ask a lady what she charges for her time?  Such as "Hi, my name is newbie.  Please forgive me if this is offensive, but I would like to inquire on how much your donation is for your time and entertainment prior to scheduling an appointment.  Someone as beautiful as you are surely commands a price range that I want to make sure I am able to afford.  Please check my references on TOB (my handle is -------) or on P411 (my handle is p-----)."   Once she verifies you then perhaps she can also answer questions as to what is available to you when you spend time with her.

I personally do not welcome explicit reviews.  Just my personal preference. 

And for the record, if you think getting information from a lady is exhausting, try being on our end to set up appointments.  It's goddamn exhausting.  Like pulling teeth to get information so that we can set up a time.  Because everyone wants to welcome a gentleman into their personal space without a name, age, verification, etc. and let them spend intimate time with us (sarcasm).

The point is is that if you want to spend the time, spend some time making that happen.  And have recent references that ladies can reach out to.  The majority of ladies will give info on a client when giving referrals.  That puts those receiving the information more at ease, and hence, more at ease to give out information.

21 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Remember the days when you went to the back of the RMO or WestWord and found,

“Susie Creamschmere 555-1211” (*)

That was all the information you had. No reviews!  No photos!

Man up!  No one promised you a rose garden.

(*) Yes, it was probably a 7-digit phone number.

Bit, glad to know that some of us are old enough to remember those days.  Talk about rolling the dice and playing a blind hand.  We have it so much better today, even after the changes from last year. 

31 minutes ago, average1 said:

...  We have it so much better today, even after the changes from last year. 

Indeed we do!!!

Oh, for those of you are concerned about accurate photos.  The Stroll (mostly Colfax) was WYSIWYG.  But you might find a little extra under the skirt 🥴

For me in general the most important thing about reviews isn't what is said about what they did. It's more important to me that they are safe to see and not a rip off or leo because ultimately what happened for you may not be available to me because maybe you clicked with her better then I did or she may have been more attracted to me then she was to you.... No session is ever actually the same

Since it’s been said about the lady not being LEO I have to ask; has there ever been a review that said, “she’s LEO. STAY AWAY!”? Any iteration of that phrase will suffice to answer the question. I’m just trying to figure out how or if that’s conveyed in a review. Or is it even allowed? Granted there are busts but there also seems to be a level of apophenia at play as well. 

If the review can be summarized as I went, I saw, I enjoyed .................. pretty clear it was not a sting and that she is not LE (or is living a double life in private!!) and is not working with LE.  A review that specifically says LE - if you had just been popped in a sting and are awaiting a court date, are you going to go on a review board and basically thumb your nose at the legal system?  Extra credit for using the word apophenia in a sentence though!!  :)

14 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

Since it’s been said about the lady not being LEO I have to ask; has there ever been a review that said, “she’s LEO. STAY AWAY!”? Any iteration of that phrase will suffice to answer the question. I’m just trying to figure out how or if that’s conveyed in a review. Or is it even allowed? Granted there are busts but there also seems to be a level of apophenia at play as well. 

27 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

If the review can be summarized as I went, I saw, I enjoyed .................. pretty clear it was not a sting and that she is not LE (or is living a double life in private!!) and is not working with LE.  A review that specifically says LE - if you had just been popped in a sting and are awaiting a court date, are you going to go on a review board and basically thumb your nose at the legal system?  Extra credit for using the word apophenia in a sentence though!!  :)

Lol! Very true. “Not LEO” is just a funny one for me to see. I’m immediately reminded of the often mocked ads that say “no cops!”

7 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

Lol! Very true. “Not LEO” is just a funny one for me to see. I’m immediately reminded of the often mocked ads that say “no cops!”

And little do they know how many clients they turn away with the "no cops!!" :P

1 hour ago, Strange_Ice said:

For me in general the most important thing about reviews isn't what is said about what they did. It's more important to me that they are safe to see and not a rip off or leo because ultimately what happened for you may not be available to me because maybe you clicked with her better then I did or she may have been more attracted to me then she was to you.... No session is ever actually the same

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

@JoDoe27 - Often it’s what has not been said that is important.  I doubt a frequent reviewer is going to say great things about the YL who just introduced to a new set of bracelets.  Without reviews, the YL won’t get much business.

A few years ago a Denver YL was accused of letting FBIies into her P411 account and vouching for them.  I don’t believe her reputation survived that incident, despite being a frequent poster on TOB with a slew of reviews.

(No, I won’t reveal her name.  Search the archives.)