Alex Majors

Long reach of Mark Zuckerberg

27 posts in this topic

As I have hobbied more, I have been getting Facebook friend notifications of girls I have had sessions with.  Some are long established providers. I figure it is from them reading our contacts. These are only on my burner phone  account. Which I never cross with my real phone. Yet the girls accounts aren't  aliases. It amazes me what tech can do. Do you ladies and gentlemen have the same experience?

1 minute ago, Bit Banger said:

Yet another reason to avoid the spawn of Satan - Facebook!

Good to know your real feelings about Facebook Bit

30 minutes ago, airamericavet65 said:

Good to know your real feelings about Facebook Bit

Yeah.  I have avoided Facebook for years, even though it deprived me of many family images.  I’ve always had privacy concerns about the platform, many of which have been proven to be justified.

1 hour ago, Alex Majors said:

As I have hobbied more, I have been getting Facebook friend notifications of girls I have had sessions with.  Some are long established providers. I figure it is from them reading our contacts. These are only on my burner phone  account. Which I never cross with my real phone. Yet the girls accounts aren't  aliases. It amazes me what tech can do. Do you ladies and gentlemen have the same experience?

I have had ladies that I have never met contact me through Facebook. I no longer use it because of privacy issues.

1 hour ago, Alex Majors said:

Simple answer is no. I actually use the same phone for everything. I have different accounts for different apps that I do not connect or link to beyond them being on the same device. I do not allow certain apps to access my contacts, my camera, my email contacts, or saved passwords. I do not link apps either. If I forget the password for my email I’m shit out of luck for that account because there is no recovery method in place. 

Facebook aside I think people tap “ok” way too quickly without realizing what they’re saying ok to or knowing how all those little crawlers will spread on their phones. And if you’ve accidentally connected figure out how to decouple it. It’s often not as hard as you’d think. 

Well they are not showing up on my personal phone. They are only on my burner phone. So the girls must be using a phone number or email for Facebook is all I can think of now. 

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Yeah.  I have avoided Facebook for years, even though it deprived me of many family images.  I’ve always had privacy concerns about the platform, many of which have been proven to be justified.

Amen to this.  I have never facebooked and never will due to privacy concerns.  

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Not a fan of Facebook either.  

Add LinkedIn to the list. There too I've seen providers real world profiles show-up on my burner LinkedIn. Like Facebook, also using person's contact lists, phone numbers, email addresses, etc. to cross-reference. 

Seems like they should have a special social media site just for this endeavor......Assbook

6 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Seems like they should have a special social media site just for this endeavor......Assbook

How about Facefuck!!:D:D:D

32 minutes ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Add LinkedIn to the list. There too I've seen providers real world profiles show-up on my burner LinkedIn. Like Facebook, also using person's contact lists, phone numbers, email addresses, etc. to cross-reference. 

But Facebook doesn’t even have to “cross reference” info. I’m not giving Facebook a pass by any means so let me make that abundantly clear. I really just don’t think people pay attention. You can sign into almost any site with your gmail or Facebook account. Everyone should’ve seen those options at some point by now. So instead of creating yet another account with yet another username and another password it’s easier to login with an existing account you know. And then the connections begin. 

Yes, Facebook does some underhanded things with regards to privacy but people willingly invite it.  

2 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

3 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Geez...I hope you guys aren't in marketing! ;)

3 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

I'm trying to understand why you have LinkedIn on a burner phone?!?

3 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

"NOOKIEBOOK" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Facebook,  google, linkedin,  IMO are all bad.  

A friend that works in IT says to stay away from FB.  Never had an account.  No plans to get one.  

Occasionally will need to go to a FB page because that is the only web presence a small business has.   A few days later I get an email in one of my burner accounts that "xxx" is someone I should add to my FB account.  But I don't have a FB account! 

I also have received friend's possibility of people that I have sat near to at a favorite watering hole. Again, I have no FB account! 

Another friend called his co-worker to see if they took a particular tool from the shop to a job site.  Later in the day he is seeing google ads for that tool.  Never did he type it into a search engine. 

I have a FB account that I visit about every 8 weeks or so.  I got a message from FB roughly 4 weeks ago that someone had been trying to hack my account and they locked it.

I went online and manually entered in FB’s web site and recovered my account.

I never click any links provided.

They definitely have privacy issues.

Frankenthaler, Ilovewomen,

You guys are just reinforcing my low opinion of FB.

Even if you have a burner phone, if you're using the same email address, or the same browser, or even the same device with a different browser in some cases, they can match your hobby activities to your "real world" activities.

Separate everything hobby vs. non-hobby. Preferably a separate device. But if you use the same device, use a different browser, use "incognito" mode, and do not share the same email address.

Edited by fork

17 minutes ago, fork said:

Even if you have a burner phone, if you're using the same email address, or the same browser, or even the same device with a different browser in some cases, they can match your hobby activities to your "real world" activities.

Separate everything hobby vs. non-hobby. Preferably a separate device. But if you use the same device, use a different browser, use "incognito" mode, and do not share the same email address.

Bingo!!!

And it is not necessarily even the evil FB.  If you use Chrome, Google very aggressively mines your data and to the maximum extent possible will find and link all your accounts, not just gmail accounts, any accounts you have accessed on the same device and left any trace of.  This goes for microsoft as well and its various sub entities - Skype, FB, etc.  Then they share information on the mined data and links - presumably for a fee.  Yes, there are ways to keep them at bay but far and away the best unless you are an IT whiz, is exactly what Fork said.  Separate device, NEVER using same device (hint OR internet connection unless locked down via VPN or other means).  If you do not, one of the major players MS, Google, etc. will match up everyone in your contacts and all your accounts.  It is their number one focus these days.  Why?  Marketing.  If you search google for an appliance, like magic by the following day there are pop ads for amazon, sears, etc. for that appliance.  Targeted marketing.  Google reported your searches to their partners, including their competitors.  It is a fascinating arrangement they all have.  

As for the comments of avoid the provider over in another thread, that is incredibly naive because the overwhelming probability is that it was not her fault to begin with - it was yours for how and with what you contacted her.  

So, again.  IT whiz and lock everything down OR at a minimum always separate devices, accounts, etc.  You may still get connected - their programmers are pretty good and do this for a living.

I read there was a free Chinese language translator on line.  I googled “Chinese translator” thinking this might help with the language barrier at my local AMP. Now I am getting Chinese spam phone calls. Go figure.

My wife asked me why I spoke so softly in the house. I said I was afraid Mark Zuckerberg was listening. She laughed,  I laughed,  Alexa laughed,  Suri laughed. 

Simple enough: if you don't want your private shit exposed, don't fuck hookers. Instead, climb on top of your wife. 

For the ladies: nobody is forcing you to slap that "open for business - special rates - inquire within" sign on your snatch.;)

Plus, I bet the reason why girls are getting connected to the networks of their clients, is because in the course of "screening" they store private info about their clients on their phones, and then that shit blows right back into their faces.:lol:

Edited by 2Big

There are privacy issues in every part of the cyberworld.  Some sites are more invasive than others.  I choose not to participate in any electronic social media sites other than TOB.  Though I am a single guy, I still have concerns about who can track my online activity.  For those that choose to participate, great.  Different strokes for different folks.

3 hours ago, whosyourdaty said:

Alexa laughed,  Suri laughed. 

I doubt I'll ever have a voice control device in my home. I'm lazy enough as it is...:eek::lol:

Seriously, these devices are DESIGNED to listen to human voices, connect with other devices, and the internet. They ARE invading your privacy, in the name of convenience.

Just think about Microsoft and how they embed code into their software.

If Bill Gates wanted to, he could flip a switch and all of our devices and computers would shut down 😱

Edited by ilovewomen