shredder_dude

Human Trafficking text

20 posts in this topic

Have you considered asking COS-PD?  Contact their PIO and begin the conversation with, “I don’t know why, but I received this text purportedly from your department.”  They may provide you with additional information, or they may ask for details to prosecute someone for false representation.

Above all, ADMIT NOTHING ILLEGAL!!!

No.  The police wouldn’t send you a text.

I’d bet anything you’ve been hacked.  The police would not send you anything like this.

Omg this is clearly someone screwing with you!! Significant other, ex, or pissed off provider??

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

No.  The police wouldn’t send you a text.

I wouldn't put anything past CSPD. Maybe some local Evangelical zealots got their shorts in a collective wad.

I'm is COS and have not received anything like that on any of my numbers.  Might be an overreaction, but I'd consider getting rid of that phone/number.

3 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

Is this your hobby number or rw number? 

It's my hobby number!  I'm pretty careful with what I text about.  The number it came from though is not listed.  So I think it is some scare tactic maybe.

Scam and they also send emails blackmailing asking for money.   Just delete, move on and happily set another date.  

Just block the number. Reason I was asking,  was in case they had a providers phone and it was in the contacts. Then they could do this. I wouldn't put it past the police to try to scare off potential  clients from the girls. Which is like holding back the sea.

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Scam and they also send emails blackmailing asking for money.   Just delete, move on and happily set another date.  

Yup, what Laci said! Just maybe not with the provider whose number the text came from. 

I would never do such a thing .....

I received my copy last Friday, July 30th:

(719) 398-7440
A message from the Human Trafficking Unit of the Colorado Springs Police Department.

0DB519C41A2D0000A0A00002-attachment-2-image951.jpg

that smells a lot like those (fake) 'busted' websites that farmed profile pics and names from BP and made a lot of guys wary of asking some gals out...

But if it's a scam I wonder how they got your number? Did you message anyone in particular just before getting this?

On 8/5/2019 at 9:02 PM, Rick_A said:

I would never do such a thing .....

I received my copy last Friday, July 30th:

(719) 398-7440
A message from the Human Trafficking Unit of the Colorado Springs Police Department.

0DB519C41A2D0000A0A00002-attachment-2-image951.jpg

Is that their actual phone number...do you two have a provider in common ?

I googled and the number on the picture is a real CSPD number apparently. Not sure about the 7440 number.

1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

Is that their actual phone number...?

That's the number the txt was received from; it's not in my contacts. I have no idea who has providers in common.

1 hour ago, fork said:

I googled and the number on the picture is a real CSPD number apparently. Not sure about the 7440 number.

398- appears to be a prefix out of Buena Vista.

16 hours ago, Rick_A said:

That's the number the txt was received from; it's not in my contacts. I have no idea who has providers in common.

398- appears to be a prefix out of Buena Vista.

An amazing (and sick ) scam.