Emp1re

How to avoid stings?

30 posts in this topic

I was caught with a classic fake backpage ad years ago when the site was still around. Needless to say I'm terrified now of even seeing legal dominatrixes or things of the sort. What do you guys do to avoid the traps?

Number one rule is be vigilant of your surroundings.  I tend to alternate between providers, I have seen before and have learned to trust, as far as the situation is concerned.  If I’m meeting someone new I usually drive around the parking lot or neighborhood in the immediate vicinity and look for anything that doesn’t seem right or suspicious.  If the incall is at a busy hotel/motel etc I will park in the parking lot without any issues so long as there are car to park near as to not stick out.  If the meeting spot is a private incall or the parking lot is sparse I will park a few blocks away where I feel safe and hoof it the rest of the way.  I only carry my burner phone with me for the meeting and the donation w/ tip to the appointment.  No ID or anything to identify me.  If someone new catches my eye I wait a few weeks and let them establish themselves.  Not everyone has reviews, but the more they post the more likely they are at least not LE.  I also avoid any ads or conversations where explicit language is used by the provider.  If the provider does have reviews do your homework.  If they have a single review from someone who has only given a single review I tend to stay away as well.

17 minutes ago, mountainrider33 said:

If you're that paranoid about it then you have two choices

A:  Walk away from the hobby, because there's no 100% guarantee of being safe.  

or 

B:  Only see providers with a good review history, who have been reviewed by hobbyists that have been around awhile.  

Absolutely right👆.  The hobby is definitely a “shit or get off the pot” but also “No risk, no rewards,” approach to life.  The risk and uncertainty is actually what I enjoy most from the hobby, with the exception of the finish ;).  

Use your gut.  If it doesn't feel right, listen to your cranium, not the other head.  Always easier to abort and then try again another day (have only done it once, and it was probably silly in retrospect, but I don't regret trusting my spidey-senses)

On 7/6/2019 at 4:00 PM, Emp1re said:

I was caught with a classic fake backpage ad years ago when the site was still around. Needless to say I'm terrified now of even seeing legal dominatrixes or things of the sort. What do you guys do to avoid the traps?

Can you described what happened when you were caught?

6 hours ago, lustybustygina said:

Nothing is 100%  on both ends of this hobby ,

You Can Only Make Yourself Safe with doing you're homework 

Pick The Right ladies and things should run smooth :D

Yep....research and homework are our friends.  I've tried to be diligent with both and things have worked out VERY well for me.  That is part of the reason why I am so grateful for TOB, the people who run it and the folks who actively participate on it.

On 7/18/2019 at 9:59 AM, fmr_racerCOS said:

Number one rule is be vigilant of your surroundings.  I tend to alternate between providers, I have seen before and have learned to trust, as far as the situation is concerned.  If I’m meeting someone new I usually drive around the parking lot or neighborhood in the immediate vicinity and look for anything that doesn’t seem right or suspicious.  If the incall is at a busy hotel/motel etc I will park in the parking lot without any issues so long as there are car to park near as to not stick out.  If the meeting spot is a private incall or the parking lot is sparse I will park a few blocks away where I feel safe and hoof it the rest of the way.  I only carry my burner phone with me for the meeting and the donation w/ tip to the appointment.  No ID or anything to identify me.  If someone new catches my eye I wait a few weeks and let them establish themselves.  Not everyone has reviews, but the more they post the more likely they are at least not LE.  I also avoid any ads or conversations where explicit language is used by the provider.  If the provider does have reviews do your homework.  If they have a single review from someone who has only given a single review I tend to stay away as well.

Wow , is it worth it? Lol 

sorry just seems like A LOT of paranoia to me. ? Maybe im wrong? :)

2 hours ago, Ryann said:

Wow , is it worth it? Lol 

sorry just seems like A LOT of paranoia to me. ? Maybe im wrong? :)

Crazy, eh?  A wig with those glasses and mustache combo is usually enough. 

9 hours ago, Happymon said:

9 hours ago, Happymon said:

Absolutely !!! And so sexy to be greeted with. Although, the ripping off of the mustache after all is clear , is my favorite part!!

Mmmm 

2 hours ago, Ryann said:

, the ripping off of the mustache ...

Please don’t!  Not only would that spoil the mood, it’s older than most of the YL here. 🥴

😁😜😁

Great advice!!!

On 7/6/2019 at 4:00 PM, Emp1re said:

From what was mentioned above, the classic make sure she is reputable. That is key. Do not rely on just your references, screening/verification is also important. *MOST* of the time, if you have a booking form you need to fill out, she's a legit provider. Again *MOST* of the time, busts will be the classic "I can see you now." "Can you come now?" "Let's do something ASAP." Then the last thing. *MOST* of the time, she will be in a hotel. I HATE saying that because when I tour I am in a hotel, but sometimes providers cannot help but host out of a hotel. Hotels are also really convenient for some

Again, this is MOST of the time, but this is what I've learned in my time doing this. I've never been involved in busts, but I have acquaintances that have been, men. Advice for things like this will ALWAYS be different. 

My BIGGEST advice is even with reputable ladies, screen, do your research, and LISTEN to that gut. If it is TOO good to be true, it probably is. 

Good luck, OP :)

I tell all of my clients that are new to this, if the provider doesn't ask for references, be very careful.

8 minutes ago, Brooklynne said:

I tell all of my clients that are new to this, if the provider doesn't ask for references, be very careful.

I should add, if not references, some form of verification.

Many years back, when I used to frequent street walkers, twice I almost got caught in stings, both times I let the wrong brain do the thinking. I learned to be very vigilant, drive around the area multiple times, watch for both marked and unmarked cop cars. Often times I'd let the girl get picked up by someone else to see if there was an issue, and then see if she returned in the same vehicle, hence how I almost got caught. She got in an SUV and drove off, when she returned to the same street 30 minutes later, she was dropped off in an inconspicuous sedan, that looked too much like a cop car, I followed it, right back to a hotel where they had a sting setup. 

Now, I definitely agree with the poster above about checking your surroundings, I still do this even with established and known providers, you never know when LEO will get a wild hair and go after a provider.

Not everyone has reviews, but the more they post the more likely they are at least not LE. 

Not necessarily.  Best bet is to trust your spidey sense and do your homework.

3 hours ago, decafnaetd said:

I am able to avoid stings by staying away from beehives.

there's a lot of relevant wisdom in these words...

I guess I've been very fortunate / lucky or , also, I did my research before hand.   I have, only "recently" returned to hobbying ( within the past 6-8 months ).  From day one , I did my research on only those lovely ladies , who had double digit , very positive reviews , within the past year, and also sent out " feeler" messages on how a "returning newbie" can get some positive references+ meet with a lady who catches my interest. 

#1 answer is too be completely honest , polite, and above all else ... respectful. Follow the lady's instructions on how to contact,and trust your instincts. Once got past the "newbie" stage, I've (hopefully ) developed a decent reputation , and repeat with the women who I trust above all else.   Only way to get an A+ grade is to study hard and do your homework !      Good luck !!

On 7/27/2019 at 9:35 PM, Brooklynne said:

Very nice advice!!  Didn't think of it that way ....  

33 minutes ago, Imyrhklbry said:

I guess I've been very fortunate / lucky or , also, I did my research before hand.   I have, only "recently" returned to hobbying ( within the past 6-8 months ).  From day one , I did my research on only those lovely ladies , who had double digit , very positive reviews , within the past year, and also sent out " feeler" messages on how a "returning newbie" can get some positive references+ meet with a lady who catches my interest. 

#1 answer is too be completely honest , polite, and above all else ... respectful. Follow the lady's instructions on how to contact,and trust your instincts. Once got past the "newbie" stage, I've (hopefully ) developed a decent reputation , and repeat with the women who I trust above all else.   Only way to get an A+ grade is to study hard and do your homework !      Good luck !!

100% agree  

I may add if not been said ,, If she doesn't screen then pass on seeing them !

Edited by lustybustygina

If a lady does not screen, do not see her.

You are taking a huge chance if you do.

I've never asked for references and I never will.  It doesn't make any sense to me to ask a complete stranger (the other ladies) to vouch for the legitimacy of another complete stranger (the prospective client.)  I don't mind providing references for the other ladies if I can but I, personally, do not ask for them nor rely on them - and that does NOT make me unsafe or irresponsible. I've been in this business for over a decade, am highly reviewed, and have NEVER had any problems with the law or otherwise.  Just saying..  Everyone operates their business differently and just because someone doesn't ask for references doesn't make them a "high risk."  

There are other ways to screen without getting references from other ladies.

Each lady has their own screening method.

But in my opinion, if you call a lady you’ve never met before and she says “sure, come in over”, without some type of screening, you are taking a huge risk. And I mean HUGE.

28 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

There are other ways to screen without getting references from other ladies.

Each lady has their own screening method.

But in my opinion, if you call a lady you’ve never met before and she says “sure, come in over”, without some type of screening, you are taking a huge risk. And I mean HUGE.

What if it's a lady with 64 good reviews, covering 3 years?

For me if the gent has 100 reviews or a 100 p411 okays ,I'm still  going to screen him , with refes or with out 

I just don't take the refes as a way of screening , I'm still going to check Blacklist and do a few other things 

Just that he was okay when she saw him ,  he can go nut's at any time after wards .

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

What if it's a lady with 64 good reviews, covering 3 years?

64 good reviews over a 3 year span indicates that she and her date has a great time during a date.

I would still say a huge risk is being taken though. A lady who doesn’t screen is easier low hanging fruit for LE. And as such, you could get caught up in something you don’t want to be caught up in.

One thing that makes me feel more comfortable is to use services like P411, mostly I see women listed there where I know some screening has been done of the providers (even just knowing they are listed there would be a good sign if you are not a member).

Also it seems like the higher the hourly rate is the more likely you would be safe, as the police stings are probably priced for volume.

As others have said it's always good to look around where you are going though.  I like to show up early for an appointment, park a block or two away, and walk around a bit before I go up on time.