Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex

How to handle the life?

20 posts in this topic

How to handle the life if I think I am are so smart and people too boring for me?

This reminds me of the movie Good Will Hunting. Lol. 

Get a job that involves working with a smarter group of people.

It is a simple adjustment of your mind. Whatever you do for a living, your job is not what you THINK it is. What you actually get paid for is spending time with, dealing with, and having to associate with boring people. THAT'S your job. What you do that you THOUGHT was your job is just how you kill time between boring people dealings. Now, once you are done working, you do not HAVE to deal with people. Granted, you have to shop, run errands etc. I suggest always trying to do that on the way to or from work. Mentally, just roll that into part of work. Now you only need deal with people in your free time you do NOT find boring.....if that is nobody, then you spend that time alone. Now...sex. For you, this place SHOULD be perfect. Maybe you would find the ladies around here boring, maybe you won't. Maybe they would find you boring, maybe they won't. It does'nt matter. You are not booking them to date them, make them your BFF, etc. You buys your ticket to the amusement park, ride the rides, and go home. Problems solved.

You can start doing something silly and saying things that are illogical but cool

29 minutes ago, Crystyna said:

Umm what?

2 hours ago, petey-9950 said:

???????   

Fer reals! What the heck is the OP talking about?!? :confused:

No clue Pfunk, at least I understand Vassago some of the time 

2 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

No clue Pfunk, at least I understand Vassago some of the time 

You're one up on me! :lol:

Well, you could savor the delicious irony of someone complaining about how he or she is smarter than everyone else while expressing that thought in atrocious grammar and syntax.

So, you could spend your extra time learning English grammar. Or, you could take an extra minute or so to look over what you've typed and correct obvious errors.

Now, personally speaking, I am not so smart. In fact, I'm rather stupid. What I have noticed about people smarter than I am is that they are curious. About ideas, books, countries, cultures, history, science, mathematics and -- a lot of the time -- they are curious about other people. Even idiots like me.

I'd suggest you put that high-powered intellect of yours into trying to understand the people you encounter. What motivates them? Why? What influences shaped their view of life? What is their view of life? It'd be actually worthwhile to understand what a moron -- like me, for example -- thinks about the nature and purpose of things, so you could avoid the same snares.

The other thing I've noticed about the people that are much smarter than I, is that they're rarely bored. So you could learn a foreign language, study physics, volunteer for a literacy program to teach people who can't even read or write a few necessary skills. You could avoid humanity altogether and learn Classical Greek and Latin, look for a cure for cancer ... the possibilities are really endless.

(And, just so you know, I generally dislike people who use errors in grammar and syntax of person who posted in a forum, but, in your case, I made an exception. And if English is a second language, then, bravo for learning it up to a certain point. But maybe you should learn it a tad bit better.)

Good luck to you, and I hope you can bear that painful burden well as you go through the rest of your life.

And, of COURSE I made a stupid error when I posted: the sentence should read: ..."I generally dislike people who use errors in and and syntax to criticize a person..."

Which is another reason why I avoid criticizing other people's grammar and typos -- because it almost always means I post a dumb shit error myself. Damn.

Personally I have found that some of the most educated people, are not very bright when it comes to common sense. They might be able to send a rocket to the moon but will fight to get the last olive out of the jar. Common sense would tell you to turn the jar upside down. They overthink things, when all that is needed is keep it simple stupid. We might seem boring to them but in turn they seem more boring to us. Everyone has there own level to associate with. Find your spot and you will be content. Just remember not to look down on others. You might be smarter then some but then some are smarter then you. 

As the father of a very intelligent friend used to tell her, “ EVERYBODY knows something you don’t know.  Pay attention and you just might learn it.”

1 minute ago, Bit Banger said:

As the father of a very intelligent friend used to tell her, “ EVERYBODY knows something you don’t know.  Pay attention and you just might learn it.”

Good advice. 

Also "If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people.  If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you."

14 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

fact

Nothing worse than stoopid people.  They should spend more time in skool.

On 7/6/2019 at 4:28 PM, Bit Banger said:

EVERYBODY knows something you don’t know

This is the smartest thought for while( 6 likes ). Good job ... LOL

Edited by Alex

andFunny how that sometimes happens to us,(Distraction.confusion, bad hair day). Thinking that we all are very clever. As time continues learning to compensate for whatever we don’t have is better  than being smart to me. Far more important to become supportive and encouragement for those who are struggling or hurting on any level in life. Lend an ear, shoulder, or box of tissues with a close friend. Friends are important in life. friends allow us to be “us” and seldom pass judgement. They usually know when you’re struggling. XO

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki